Zander Clark

Jad

1 hour ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Unbelievable!!

For this selection alone, I will never step foot inside Hampden park for a Scotland game ever again.

Zander Clark is on the verge of breaking a club record for consecutive clean sheets at the age of 26...

Mindblowing ignorance from McLeish.

Couldn't agree more...Who firkin cares about Scotland right now with a crap manager and shit attitude...

You've got a brilliant keeper young, hungry and clearly playing well.. Oh however he plays for StJohnstone

3 hours ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

Zander isn't good enough to play for Scotland. 

Yet.

I do agree and it just makes the decision a bit stranger. Zander will be good enough but wont have any experience at that level. He could learn so much more from the keepers there than MacDonald.  It takes it beyond doubt that you won't have a Scotland career while playing for Saints.

When did a third choice keeper last play in a full international?

Sums up the attitude of Scottish football towards St Johnstone, McLeish probably still thinks its 2010 and MacDonald is up and coming. The fact you can the likes of MacDonald and Michael Devlin, whos played 11 games in 18 months, called into the squad while Clark and Kerr are ignored just baffles me.

Quickly losing interest in the National Team.

Guest ScottMann

In the little minds of anyone that makes decisions at Hampden, Saints losing 11 goals to their beloved Old Firm in two games will have further confirmed our diddy status no matter how well we do against the others.

Like a lot of the saints support I go to scotland game's but this has always been a bone of contention over the years and is making my interest wain when it is clearly not a players ability it's who.he plays for, so short sighted compared to other countries who.pick on ability and form, and they wonder how the national team is an absolute embarrassment just now! Big red still living in the era of fitbaw towns, hotbeds of talent in greenock, Airdrie etc but no Perth. 

4 hours ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

In the Scotland managers eyes, aye.

See if Jason Kerr and Zander Clark were starting against Albania and Israel that's when I'd realise that Scottish football is indeed ****ed.

Put aside whether you rate Zander or not I don't see the long term benefit of brining in another over 30 into squad.

Ffs even Bain & Hamilton have been in squad.

8 hours ago, Cagey said:

Put aside whether you rate Zander or not I don't see the long term benefit of brining in another over 30 into squad.

Ffs even Bain & Hamilton have been in squad.

I rate Zander as a good Saints keeper. He's also better than Bain, Hamilton and MacDonald. Still would have plenty in goal for Scotland before him though.

4 hours ago, Cagey said:

Congratulations to Zander & he deserves it but its the defence & Liam Craig that takes the most of the credit.

It would be interesting to see has many saves he made in these 5 games.

This is the truth of the matter. If he'd sat in the stand with us today watching the game we'd still have won. Seriously.

5 minutes ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

I rate Zander as a good Saints keeper. He's also better than Bain, Hamilton and MacDonald. Still would have plenty in goal for Scotland before him though.

Again true but we're talking about third choice here, no way would he actually get a start. But imagine the boost it would give him spending time with the squad, the senior goalies and the coaching staff.

2 minutes ago, cristo said:

Again true but we're talking about third choice here, no way would he actually get a start. But imagine the boost it would give him spending time with the squad, the senior goalies and the coaching staff.

Scotland squad should be full of guys who you would be comfortable with in your starting 11 imo. Not giving guys a boost. 

11 minutes ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

Scotland squad should be full of guys who you would be comfortable with in your starting 11 imo. Not giving guys a boost. 

Okay, boost probably the wrong word. How about "experience for a good prospect for the future"  I don't rate him as good as Gordon or McGregor, but as I suggested goalie is one position where the third choice is highly unlikely to play.