Zander Clark

Jad

28 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Too be honest Zander is probably better not involved in the shambles that is Scotland at the moment as we are about to be embarrassed by ending bottom of a league of 3rd rate countries.

I agree with this. I don't see why everyone is getting so exercised about Zander not being chosen; he is still young and the experience would have done him some good but he has a long way to go before he can truly be in the frame as an intentional starter. 

That doomed ship that is Scotland under that dud McLiesh is going to get seriously embarrassed next week, lets stay away from the taint of the fallout.

40 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Too be honest Zander is probably better not involved in the shambles that is Scotland at the moment as we are about to be embarrassed by ending bottom of a league of 3rd rate countries.

Quite literally 3rd rate. If we finish bottom, we will be relegated to the fourth tier, wherein lie the likes of Gibraltar, Lichtenstein and Milton Keynes.

6 hours ago, ScottMann said:

I see Kelly the Livi keeper's getting bigged up now. He's only played a handful of top level games. I wonder why the ex-Rangers player is getting so much praise so soon.

To be honest if Kelly had been the first choice as replacement I wouldn't mind as he is the main reason Living made a good start to season.

It does look like McLeish chooses his team on the strength of the last game he watched on TV.

Guest ScottMann
13 hours ago, Cagey said:

To be honest if Kelly had been the first choice as replacement I wouldn't mind as he is the main reason Living made a good start to season.

It does look like McLeish chooses his team on the strength of the last game he watched on TV.

Sorry, I still disagree. 12 top level games just isn't enough imho so I would definitely have minded. 

I was calling for Foster to be dumped by the club last season after another poor showing of attitude- I was wrong and I think he has been very, very good this season. The addition of Wright has certainly helped him, but his attitude seems to have changed massively. He is more positive with his fellow team mates and seems to have kept the tantrums at bay.

Is he the solution to our right back problem on a national level. No he's not, but could he do a job in the next two games against average opposition? I think so.

I think the Foster thing is very much tongue in cheek, but he’s actually got a point. With no natural right backs to replace SoD in the squad, then surely he’s the best alternative playing well and regularly right now. What a scary thought that is! 

The hilarity as he kicks Kieran Tierney in the head for not stopping a cross would definitely be worth it!! 

From the Sun interview with Peter Grant:

“We see all the games, we see all the boys who are playing well.

“A couple of weeks ago, St Johnstone lost six goals to Celtic and James Forrest got four and they were crucifying the goalkeeper.

“We’re fortunate we’ve got a lot of goalkeepers playing well. But we just thought Scott Bain was the right choice, of that there’s no doubt.”

Considering how poor the Scotland team is in general, a good junior footballer would probably not look out of place... as for the Zander & Foster quip, I think that was definitely tongue in cheek, but just reinforcing what every Saintee knows about being totally disregarded.  You don’t have to look any further than Callum Davidson, ONE game for Blackburn and he gets a Scotland call up.... 

1 hour ago, garydavidson said:

“A couple of weeks ago, St Johnstone lost six goals to Celtic and James Forrest got four and they were crucifying the goalkeeper.

“We’re fortunate we’ve got a lot of goalkeepers playing well. But we just thought Scott Bain was the right choice, of that there’s no doubt.”

That's a disgraceful statement from Grant. Firstly, because it's utter nonsense. It's  mentioned elsewhere he won the MOTM poll on here for his performance in that game. A lot of us possibly slated the team for showing a lack of fight, but don't recall anyone singling out Zander.

Secondly, he's slagging off a potential future squad member, how is that meant to provide encouragement. Just a bland statement about how they thought Bain was the best choice right now, but they're aware of the good recent form of a couple of goalkeepers in the Scottish league, would have sufficed.

He also mentions Forrest who Scotland don't play either.

Considering how successful the club has been over the last decade, one cap for one minute on the pitch for Muzz is a disgrace. Caps for many other players, Canada, Trinidad and Tobago, New Zealand and Northern Ireland  - but one cap in  a decade for 60 seconds for Scotland.

Unsure wither Zander should be called up as in the end its pretty pointless, apart from a wee bet of recognition and a boost. However I'm sure a Tommy hug would do the same and I know what I would rather have.

What grants comments do highlight tho is the pig ignorance that surrounds this current Scotland setup. Its just a jobs for the boys weegie centric vanity project 

8 hours ago, garydavidson said:

(We see all the games.we see all the boys who are playing well).

What a load of shyte.

They watch highlights on sportscene.

I wonder when any of the three of them have seen a game outside Glasgow or even been at a live Saints game.

These 3 are an embarrassment to Scottish football.

8 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Some rather bold and  wrong statements from mr grant.

we see all the games - who does???

A couple of weeks ago - 5 actually 

james Forrest scored 4 - relevance???

they were crucifying the goalkeeper - who were???

we’re  fortunate we’ve got a lot of goalkeepers playing well - who???

but we just thought Scot Bain was the right choice!!! So don’t pick the ones who are playing well let’s pick the one who has played about 3 games this season.

if these comments had been made by a club manager I’m sure they would have been sited I feel a little letter to SFA is in order..

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Jack Hendry, who's played 3 league games all season, and not played in 2 months, has been called up ahead of Kerr.

Look forward to Peter Grants comments on this. I think what he meant when he said “they see all games” he meant all Celtic reserves games.

Edited by Stumpy1966