Jeanfield Update

Cumbo

Just a wee update for those who are interested in the Juniors.

Since my last post Swifts have dropped to 2nd in league although we do have a game in hand on Lochee United.

We drew 3-3 with them a few weeks ago with John Anderson heading a 94th minute leveller for us.  We have progressed to next round of GA Cup, a trophy which we have won twice recently and on Saturday there we claimed a valuable 3 points with a 2-1 home win over Haddington.

This weekend we are on Scottish Cup duty as we travel to Ayrshire to face Glenafton Athletic.  The New Cumnock based side were finalists in 2014 and were managed by ex Scotland gk Alan Rough in the early 90s when they reached the Scottish final 3 years in a row.  This will be a tough task for the still undefeated Swifts.

For more details on all Jeanfield teams visit www.jeanfieldswifts.co.uk

I know some lads that are connected to Oakley United and I'm obviously looking out for the Perth teams results as well now. Think I might of posted something before but is there not a revised fixture list for the juniors. Can't really see up and coming games for any of the teams to maybe choose a game in the future.  

Edited by Gordon Drummonds Perm

Just a wee update for those who are interested in the Juniors.

Since my last post Swifts have dropped to 2nd in league although we do have a game in hand on Lochee United.

We drew 3-3 with them a few weeks ago with John Anderson heading a 94th minute leveller for us.  We have progressed to next round of GA Cup, a trophy which we have won twice recently and on Saturday there we claimed a valuable 3 points with a 2-1 home win over Haddington.

This weekend we are on Scottish Cup duty as we travel to Ayrshire to face Glenafton Athletic.  The New Cumnock based side were finalists in 2014 and were managed by ex Scotland gk Alan Rough in the early 90s when they reached the Scottish final 3 years in a row.  This will be a tough task for the still undefeated Swifts.

For more details on all Jeanfield teams visit www.jeanfieldswifts.co.uk

Best wishes on Saturday, as Glenafton are no slouches, winning their 1st round tie 14-0 at home to Newmachars.

Only local team with a home fixture is Scone Thistle who entertain Benburb Juniors at Farquharson Park Scone with a 2.30pm k.o.

A bit further afield, Coupar Angus are at home to Lossiemouth United also with a 2.30pm k.o.

Good luck to all of the local clubs.