ICT v Saints

The ghost of Jim Morton

First half was fairly abysmal with no pressure on Caley and nothing going forward outwith the opening minutes and whatever Cummins/O'Halloran could create from nothing. Second half we came up with much more tenacity, attacking straight from the kick off, then ref randomly decides a slide tackle is a red card offence and our chances of controlling the game was over.

Fair play to the players after that though, dug in and worked like **** defensively, while MacLean worked doggedly getting up and down the park to support both defence and attack, while Mikey twice took the entire back line for a complete dance before getting a shot off. Liam Craig possibly changed the game, he was so fresh and played brilliantly, credit to him for gambling with being so offensive at the penalty. Not at all convinced by Fisher and Lappin though, but were pretty anonymous but were fortunate the sending off allowed them a more pragmatic approach to thing, wouldnt miss either of them in that form. 

I'd also like to add that Tam Scobbie was an absolute rock, at both left back and then in the centre, Im usually the first to criticise him so feel its only right I praise him too, for the first half he was having to deal with about three players on his side since Lappin kept vanishing into the centre.

Edited by RandomGuy

Great win and well done to Liam for sticking that penalty away with the pressure on him.

Surprised when I arrived and say Easton on the bench but Scobbie was excellent and Easton did well when he came on.

Glad to see Kane getting a run after MOH had run himself into the ground.

No doubt there were moans about the subs but at the end of the day we won so the manger has been proved right.

WELL DONE SAINTS

What a team effort. More than matched them with 10 men. It looked like a crazy red card. Tommy is saying it wasn't such a mental decision after seeing it again. He also added a yellow would have maybe been best though. Highlights will be interesting. I had a pie where the pastry was basically uncooked. I didn't have lunch so I was fairly gutted with the whole afternoon until 93 minutes. Then it was all worthwhile. Delighted

Need to see it on the TV again, but given Tommy has and has apologised to the 4th official for giving him stick I would suggest the ref must have got it right.

Says he can maybe understand why it was given, but still believes it shouldve been a yellow at worst.

It was never a red card tackle.

Need to see it on the TV again, but given Tommy has and has apologised to the 4th official for giving him stick I would suggest the ref must have got it right.

From my angle DM clearly got the ball.  Perhaps in the current era a yellow card but the cheating wee **** made a meal of it and conned the referee.

The Calley players were persistently fouling but no red cards for them.

strange decision with MOH later on as well. Chris cane taken down on a run as well no card.

Enjoyed that yesterday.  Not a great game, but the grit and determination shown yet again, made me so proud of the team.  Need to see the red card again, but looked to me a bit harsh, although the kind that you do see given by some refs and not by others.  The pen was a pen without a shadow of doubt and Liam showed great composure to score it.  Well worth the trip up.