Hamilton v Saints. Sat. 31st Oct.

The ghost of Jim Morton

Next up a trip to Hamilton and  a game on their astro pitch. Pretty sure we will have Macca and Muzz both missing for this one due to the surface. We missed them at Killie and I am sure we will miss them on Saturday but hopefully we can do the business without them. A win would cement our top six status and could actually take us up to 4th if Ross county fail to beat the Arabs.

Come on yee Saints.

Good chance for some of the other fringe players to be getting a run out. I  agree Muzz and Macca will sit this out and If MOH isn't 100% fit after his recent injury I'd like to see him sit on the bench also - Craig Thompson comes to mind.

We have a good squad of players and this is the type of game we should be looking to get a result from against a very big and fit team.

My new found optimism has me thinking we should win this.

Not sure what to make of Hamilton this season.  Agree that both Muzz and Macca are huge losses, and we never seem to play well on the artificial pitches (although it always seems to me that Hamilton's produces less mistakes than Killie's, which just seems dreadful to play on)

I'd like to see Cummins and O'Halloran playing wide and Kane through the middle to hound their defence, which he does so well.

Mannus

Joe         Scobbie       Ando        Easton

Wotherspoon   Craig   Lappin

O'Halloran                                                Cummins

Kane 

Not sure what to make of Hamilton this season.  Agree that both Muzz and Macca are huge losses, and we never seem to play well on the artificial pitches (although it always seems to me that Hamilton's produces less mistakes than Killie's, which just seems dreadful to play on)

I'd like to see Cummins and O'Halloran playing wide and Kane through the middle to hound their defence, which he does so well.

Mannus

Kane 

That was the team I was going to suggest as well defiantly worth a punt going for speed up front as it is a surface we do not normally perform well on.

Edited by Cagerf

The excitement is palpable I see.

To my mind using the pitch as an excuse is utter nonsense. We won a fair few times there in the past, yet because we failed to win there last season people automatically think we've a terrible record there.

Like any Saints game anything could happen but if we go out treating Hamilton like Bayern Munich then we'll most definitely lose. Play our own game and we will get a positive result.

The excitement is palpable I see.

To my mind using the pitch as an excuse is utter nonsense. We won a fair few times there in the past, yet because we failed to win there last season people automatically think we've a terrible record there.

Like any Saints game anything could happen but if we go out treating Hamilton like Bayern Munich then we'll most definitely lose. Play our own game and we will get a positive result.

The game I saw there last season we were absolute cack in the first half, but were all over them in the second. This was when we couldn't score a goal for love nor money, and despite having all the possession and getting into their third of the park most of the time, we never ever looked like equalising.

Given our attacking prowess so far this season, that hardly seems a concern.

0-3, glorious win beckoning.

Mannus

Kane 

Muzz in for Spoony, and Scoobs at left cb, and I'd go with this

Tough match - Accies have a very good home record and a very decent team. They've also got that big Lucas guy, who Maclean and Cummins had on toast at McDiarmid, suspended. Canning likely to come back in, so MOH better watch himself.

Maclean out for Kane and perhaps Lappin for Wotherspoon. There's possibly an argument to bring in Fisher for Shaughnessy too as the last couple of games I've seen Shaughnessy has struggled a little bit - he's played every match this season, so maybe needs a rest?

Looking forward to it already.

Mannus

Kane 

Would rather we went 4-4-2 for this game, with midfield of Spoony, Muzz, Lappin and Craig.

Midfield is where we need to dominate this mob.

Bring  Kane on later to finish them off.:wink:

MOH and Cummins up front.