What is the best bar in the world you have been to ?

AthensSaint

For me it's got to be the Seawave Bar, Catalan Bay in Gibraltar.

Having a pint or three chatting with the friendly locals and watching dolphins swimming past...amazing.

Going back for three weeks this July...can't wait.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.ph/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g187510-d1232181-i48573044-Seawave_Bar-Gibraltar.html

(Not me in the pics)

Edited by Rankrotten

Athens, if youre talking about the pic i posted above, its about 10 miles outside Chiredzi in southern zimbabwe, which means about 15 miles from the nearest tarmac road. Was lucky enough to stay there for its soft opening. Pics nicked from tripadvisor, im not that good a photographer.

the riverbank in the background was full of game/hippos/elephants and the odd big cat every sun down

Edited by canuck_saint

We visited the ice bar up in the artic circle in a place called Jukkasjarvi in northern Sweden. Drank vodka in ice glasses and it wasnt cheap. There were no measures they just filled up the ice glass. So when you had your first drink you made sure that you increased the inside capacity of the ice glass by licking the ice so it melted.

Who said us Scots are tight? we are mearly innovative.

IMG_2189.JPG

IMG_2190.JPG

That was my last drink as a single man. I got married the next day in the ice church next door to the bar.

IMG_2195.JPG

We visited the ice bar up in the artic circle in a place called Jukkasjarvi in northern Sweden. Drank vodka in ice glasses and it wasnt cheap. There were no measures they just filled up the ice glass. So when you had your first drink you made sure that you increased the inside capacity of the ice glass by licking the ice so it melted.

Who said us Scots are tight? we are mearly innovative.

IMG_2189.JPG

IMG_2190.JPG

That was my last drink as a single man. I got married the next day in the ice church next door to the bar.

IMG_2195.JPG

my hoose

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The Craw Inn at Auchencrow near Chirnside in the Scottish Borders is a stunning wee country pub with a beer garden outside and a magic fireplace inside. The Athletic Arms aka "The Diggers" in Angle Park Terrace in Edinburgh is also brilliant but for very different reasons. The beer is legendary, brought up by air pump from the cellars (or at least it used to be) and the craik is superb. Gilroy's in Muldersdrift near Johannesburg is incredible-a brewpub with four different beers and one cider brewed on premise and excellent scran on offer.   

• 2 weeks later...

The Craw Inn at Auchencrow near Chirnside in the Scottish Borders is a stunning wee country pub with a beer garden outside and a magic fireplace inside. The Athletic Arms aka "The Diggers" in Angle Park Terrace in Edinburgh is also brilliant but for very different reasons. The beer is legendary, brought up by air pump from the cellars (or at least it used to be) and the craik is superb. Gilroy's in Muldersdrift near Johannesburg is incredible-a brewpub with four different beers and one cider brewed on premise and excellent scran on offer.   

Wot? No fine establishments available in Hillbrow?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...