Dundee Utd v Saints. 21st Nov 2015. 3pm K-O

The ghost of Jim Morton

Shame it's not this weekend.  International breaks are pish enough but when Scotland dinnae even have a game, it's haw maws.

Anyway, this will come round soon enough. Who's all going?? Will Kano get the call ?  Will he take the chance? Will our ownership of the Arabs continue and will big Mixu be swearing again  in his post match interview ??

Lets keep the run going, lets work hard and lets  WIN.

Cummins,Craig & Lappin all missing from the left. I assume the front 3 will be Mikey ,Macca & Spoony .Midfield could be Muzz & Midge but who will be left sided midfield ?.

On second thoughts Kane should take Zippys place with Spoony in midfield.

Edited by Cagey

Can't wait.  International breaks are shite,  move them back to midweek.

Should be a good Saints crowd through, the team deserve a good support considering how we're doing.

Kane in for Cummins, Spoony in wide left for Craig and Millar (if fit) in CM for Fisher.

Mannus

mackay   Anderson   Scobbie   Easton

O'Halloran    Davidson     Millar    Wotherspoon

Maclean

Kane

But Tommy rarely picks a predictable team this season!  ..  so MOH might well start through the middle.  It's unlucky on Joe but expect the back 4 will stay the same.

Anyone know what the biggest crowd we've taken to Tannadice in recent years is? I'd think surely this one could produce one of the biggest. With Saints both scoring and conceding goals, United being rotten and Mixu facing his old team, and of course the local derby element, I reckon this has all the ingredients to be an absolute cracker of a game.

I'm making a conservative prediction of 5-2 Saints. :D

Edited by blueheaven

I think it will be David Wotherspoon who will cover at left midfield in the absence of Craig. Millar will come back into the middle. 

O'Halloran Millar Muzz Wotherspoon 

Looks decent but we all of a sudden look very vulnerable in the midfield now with just two players out. Here's hoping we don't see Darnell Fisher in there again any time soon. It's never going to be bad enough to justify that. 

The biggest crowd I think we've taken since the 2-1 game in 1990 would be in Sturrocks time when we had the shed and pretty much filled it . A few times recently the fair play stand has been almost full.

I remember that 1990 game really well.  That match sealed our run of 5 games unbeaten against the top 5 clubs at that time in our first season back up: 5-0 v aberdeen, also won at tynecastle and drew with both old firm sides.

We had about 4500 through for that league game.. Unbelievable!! The Raymond Stewart enclosure along the side was absolutely packed and even the open terrace behind the goal was half full.  The noise from the Saints support was brilliant that day.  I remember the place echoing with "we're blue, we're white, we're ****ing dynamite.." And "there's only one team in Tayside"

happy days!!!

Edited by PauloPerth

I remember that 1990 game really well.  That match sealed our run of 5 games unbeaten against the top 5 clubs at that time in our first season back up: 5-0 v aberdeen, also won at tynecastle and drew with both old firm sides.

We had about 4500 through for that league game.. Unbelievable!! The Raymond Stewart enclosure along the side was absolutely packed and even the open terrace behind the goal was half full.  The noise from the Saints support was brilliant that day.  I remember the place echoing with "we're blue, we're white, we're ****ing dynamite.." And "there's only one team in Tayside"

happy days!!!

Seems like many years since we sung the dynamite chant. Used to be a staple of away games.

I too remember that 2-1 win in 1990. Sure both Saints goals were scored down our end. Zorro and Inglis I'm sure were the scorers but I was about 8 so might be wrong! 

Seems like many years since we sung the dynamite chant. Used to be a staple of away games.

I too remember that 2-1 win in 1990. Sure both Saints goals were scored down our end. Zorro and Inglis I'm sure were the scorers but I was about 8 so might be wrong! 

in our huge rivalry with Ayr a Utd in the bottom division it went something like

"we're blue, we're white, we're ****ing dynamite, we're Super Saints, we're Super Saints

they're black, they're white, they're absolutely shite, they're Ayr Utd, they're Ayr Utd"

genius  :laugh:

think you're right with the goalscorers, seem to remember all the goals being in the first half   ??

in our huge rivalry with Ayr a Utd in the bottom division it went something like

"we're blue, we're white, we're ****ing dynamite, we're Super Saints, we're Super Saints

they're black, they're white, they're absolutely shite, they're Ayr Utd, they're Ayr Utd"

think you're right with the goalscorers, seem to remember all the goals being in the first half   ??

I'd love to go back to those days. Used to love trips to Tannadice, East End, Brockville and the like.

This Saints team are may be achieving great things, but our fanbase are so much more conservative now than ever. 

I'd love to go back to those days. Used to love trips to Tannadice, East End, Brockville and the like.

This Saints team are may be achieving great things, but our fanbase are so much more conservative now than ever. 

I was there all over that period and it was Fvcking magic. We will never re-live these times as a travelling support. Though Times Square was a bit special.      

Ayr Ayr Fvck yer Ayr,

Fvck yer Ayr United !!

They were great days. That day at Tannadice was and still is the biggest away crowd to a league game I've ever seen. Went by minibus through and ive never seen the A90 so busy. Train on the way home with the MBS and HYC .,  Half way down Dens road Utility were letting off fireworks at us :razz:

One of my favourite football songs remains "Ayr, Ayr **** yer Ayr".  It is beautiful in its simplicity.

I was there all over that period and it was Fvcking magic. We will never re-live these times as a travelling support. Though Times Square was a bit special.      

It was around that time i was deemed old enough to go to away games and it's probably my favourite era, always remember the excitement when I was going to a ground for the first time, and inevitably Saints had a cracking support. 

Luzern is probably the only away trip that comes anywhere near those Halcyon Days, though obviously the build up I'm Glasgow before the final was amazing as well.

One of my favourite football songs remains "Ayr, Ayr **** yer Ayr".  It is beautiful in its simplicity.

I'm sure I heard a few Killie fans singing that the other week...  Had a wee smile to myself reminiscing about crowds of over 5000 both home and away against Ayr, and belting it out in the wee covered Railway End at Somerset Park!