Les Murieson - lmsaintee

Kinnoull Kicker

Very sad news. Les passed away this afternoon at Ninewells Hospital after a period of illness that he was unable to overcome. Many on WAP will know Les and if you wish to post your thoughts please do. I have spoken with Janie, Les's wife, and I know she will take comfort from any thoughts / messages posted.

Les was a grand neighbour and friend and we enjoyed many a laugh and chat about his beloved Saints. He so enjoyed his European adventures and made great friends in Eskisihir - indeed he had visited a few times since our games with them and organised and hosted a visit of his Turkish friends and friends of Saints during which visit they were guests of Saints at a game against Hamilton. RIP Les.

I've known Les for more or less my whole time following Saints. I played in the sane WOMSAC team in the mid 80s. He was a mad Chels fan but his passion was always saints.

Over the last couple of years he's been in an almost ambassador role for saints travelling to Eskisehir. He has built a bigger bond between the two clubs which can be seen by the reaction on Facebook to his passing today.

I travelled back from Luzern on the train with him and he would always have a blether whenever we met in and about the Perth pubs or on an away day. 

He also had Starlitz the boozer before it turned into a tea room for the church on Princes Street. 

A real gent, die hard saints fan that will be truly missed. 

RIP Les xx

Met Les (due to me working away from Perth for 30 yrs.) for the first time on our Euro ventures and found him to be a diehard Saintee and a sound bloke.

A quiet unassuming nice man who chose his words wisely.

Only a few weeks ago we were pulling his leg in the Muirton suite about returning the suit he was wearing to the Red Cross shop on the Monday.

Very sad.

RIP Les.

Always sad when a true diehard passes away, although I did not know Les I had corresponded with him on WAP on the merits of the different boozers in Peebles as he had lived in Peebles for a time a few years ago.This brought back some happy memories of my misspent youth in said pubs. RIP

I recall he  lived in strathtay road and had an auld  volvo years ago.I  never stopped ribbing him ,if he still had it and was he going to restore it ! 

I knew les from the muirton park days of the 1970's . Always had the banter wherever I saw him be it in Eskisehir  , a friendly in Peterhead , some pub at an away day,Perth or in the West stand.

As previously stated by Dr christmas jones he had an almost unofficial ambassador role between saints and eses. Oh aye and starlitz  boozer mein host :wink:

Plenty memories .Am gonnae have to raise a glass of EFES beer tae a top saints fan.

RIP les

I first became friends with Les in the 70s and over the years we have shared many many adventures following Saints.Some happy, some not so but always with a pint or three.

Before either of us married I would stay with him at his parents house and he with me in Edinburgh.He had a very dry sense of humour but one thing that shone through at all times was his deep love of Saints.My wife and I are so very sad to lose a friend and devastated for his family.RIP wee fella.