Willie Coburn

dave mc

Just been listening to the second instalment of Off The Ball on I player and fine compliments payed about Willie.

Stuart told a story about some kids when we were on our cup run they were asked who there favourite saints players were all sain Stevie May apart from 2 who sain Willie Coburn.  They were his grand kids they wil have a big hole in their life now

R.I.P. Wilie. Part of a St. Js defence that were  dominant in the Ormond years. Seen him not give guys like Jimmy Johnstone & Willie Henderson, aye! Even Jim Baxter, not a sniff. Ordinary Perth man and a top class defender in a great side.

Saw him putting Willie Hederson onto the cinders at Muirton I think Willie thought he had ran into a bus

Real professional

Delivered our papers ona Sunday morning

Usually with a black eye and limp

Could you just imagine any player in this day and age doing that!!!

They were good days

Aye I am sure Willie used to do the early morning shift in the paper shop at the Muirton shops on Dunkeld road I used to go in there in the morning for a paper when I started as an apprentice. I suppose it would be a short sprint along to MUIRTON for training then. I could you imagine some of the Prima Donnas doing that now .   

Aye I am sure Willie used to do the early morning shift in the paper shop at the Muirton shops on Dunkeld road I used to go in there in the morning for a paper when I started as an apprentice. I suppose it would be a short sprint along to MUIRTON for training then. I could you imagine some of the Prima Donnas doing that now .   

Blackhalls or something like that. I used to work there as a kid (72-75) sure he sorted the bags for the rounds.