Semi Final tickets

JSAINTEE99

Really gutted.  Living in the west now and supported regularly since 1963 I see the away games here and most of the home games but was abroad this weekend. Phoned last week and said I would send in voucher but wanted three tickets. Said they could not do this but there would be quote 'plenty of tickets' on Monday morning. Just phoned and they are sold out. Surely we would have expected a few more than our home crowd to attend the semi! Not often that I am disappointed with the clubs administration but really gutted this time.

Request is in for more main stand tickets, there is still hope to get to the game.  I reckon Saints should start taking fans money as an advance, on the assumption we get more main stand tickets, surely Saints have an idea how many more will we get, would save you the hassle of trying again in a couple of days.

I had 4 season tickets and 3 vouchers and wanted 10 tickets.. was only allowed to buy 8 first time around and had to go back for seats no where near the 8.  Why I couldn't get 10 was annoying.   

Why you were not allowed to buy 1 extra ticket with a voucher is just as annoying, but why would you buy 2 then come back for 1.  A little bit of flexibility should have been given I feel.

We can get up to 500 more tickets as far as I am aware. We should get these no problem as Hibs have more than enough tickets.

I was also told that there would be 'no problem' phoning his morning otherwise would have tried to contact someone in Perth to queue on Saturday. Sorry for not being confident about your post.

Really gutted.  Living in the west now and supported regularly since 1963 I see the away games here and most of the home games but was abroad this weekend. Phoned last week and said I would send in voucher but wanted three tickets. Said they could not do this but there would be quote 'plenty of tickets' on Monday morning. Just phoned and they are sold out. Surely we would have expected a few more than our home crowd to attend the semi! Not often that I am disappointed with the clubs administration but really gutted this time.

This is disappointing. I didn't think there would be a problem accommodating all fans who wanted to go.

Pretty sad that Hibs will have a huge support there and our fans cant get a ticket.

In fairness to the club and the staff, there are still plenty of tickets to come. I know it's disappointing that you'll not be in with the bulk of the support in the Roseburn, but we are entitled to more once our initial allocation sells out, which it obviously now has.

I think this is the first time in a very long time (since Gretna day perhaps?) where we've had to turn away supporters who want tickets to a match. It doesn't happen very often, but I think this kind of situation shows that we probably do need some kind of loyalty points scheme.

Whilst everyone who wants a ticket should get one, I can definitely understand why people are a bit anxious if they weren't able to get a ticket for whatever reason over the course of the last week or so. Hopefully you'll get your ticket before the weekend though.

When all our extra allocation is sold and you don't get a ticket, then that's the time to moan.  Not when there is still 500 odd tickets left.  

In fairness to the club and the staff, there are still plenty of tickets to come. I know it's disappointing that you'll not be in with the bulk of the support in the Roseburn, but we are entitled to more once our initial allocation sells out, which it obviously now has.

I think this is the first time in a very long time (since Gretna day perhaps?) where we've had to turn away supporters who want tickets to a match. It doesn't happen very often, but I think this kind of situation shows that we probably do need some kind of loyalty points scheme.

Whilst everyone who wants a ticket should get one, I can definitely understand why people are a bit anxious if they weren't able to get a ticket for whatever reason over the course of the last week or so. Hopefully you'll get your ticket before the weekend though.

I disagree...

I think it's bad that in a stadium holding 18000 for a match between Premier league St.Johnstone and Championship Hibernian that we were only given 3500 tickets for our fans to buy.

That has resulted in people being turned away, at a time when we as fans are apparently desperate for clubs to be more accommodating to fans, and clubs such as ours are apparently desperate to encourage every single person along to matches.

I still don't understand why we weren't given the full 4000 tickets and then return to Hibs what we don't sell and let them scramble over tickets, rather than have to "request" more eventhough we have been given the minority allocation.

I disagree...

I think it's bad that in a stadium holding 18000 for a match between Premier league St.Johnstone and Championship Hibernian that we were only given 3500 tickets for our fans to buy.

That has resulted in people being turned away, at a time when we as fans are apparently desperate for clubs to be more accommodating to fans, and clubs such as ours are apparently desperate to encourage every single person along to matches.

I still don't understand why we weren't given the full 4000 tickets and then return to Hibs what we don't sell and let them scramble over tickets, rather than have to "request" more eventhough we have been given the minority allocation.

I would take it because our last semi was so poorly attended.  

this may sound strange but I think when tickets are at a minimum, we sell out, when there are plenty to go round, Hamden and ibrox semis we take a crap support.

is it a case that when tickets are in demand every man and his dog want one so they can say "I got a tic"

sounds daft but that seems to be the case.

Guest ScottMann

No wonder ticketless fans are worried when the club tweet they've SOLD OUT and follow it up by saying if a request for more is granted. They've created doubt when simply stating that the Roseburn's sold out and they're waiting for the Main Stand allocation to come would have been better. Not that the club can do no wrong crowd would understand this of course.

I disagree...

the only way around that for Saints would have been to suggest Hampden as the venue for the semi. Our attendance at Ibrox for the Scottish cup semi made it easy for us to be shafted as that was our last equivalent game. I think our core support has increased since then, little by little, but we were always swimming against the tide this time. The fact that the general sale lasted about 2 and a half hours shows that we definitely needed more tickets, but it is what it is. Fingers crossed that no one will miss out with the additional 500 tickets up for grabs.