Semi Final tickets

JSAINTEE99

I wasn't at Airdrie.

Who was there for Stenny 4 Us 0?

I was there. I was at high school in Falkirk at the time. And I got caught on camera as their fourth went in, zoomed in on me slumped over the barrier in utter dismay behind the goals. Got absolutely slaughtered at school for months by the Falkirk and Stenny fans. Humiliation.

This must be Saint's Seville ! I was at the Airdrie game too, was also almost there on the saturday too. We were in some place nearby, Dr Jones minibus was in the same place, had a few beers then headed back to Perth via Auchterarder, was a better day out than the replay. Was that no the game where SM scored his first Saints goal ?

Regarding tickets, if you can't get saints end why not buy for Hibs end. They've been in our end a few times.

Not guilty :razz:

I am a ST holder, I have bought two tickets one for me and one for my son who is not a ST Holder and only goes to the BIG GAMES now (A bit like ED he is raising a family and has more pressing financial implications than following Saints just now) , I never go to Celtic Park to see saints v Celtic. I do not go abroad to watch saints either and to be perfectly honest I could not give a flying **** what anybody thinks about who should get tickets, because I've got mine. :wink:.  

I walked out at our semi final v Motherwell at Hampden after 65 minutes...  The only ever game I've left early..  -1 point.

Glad it's not at Hampden!  Full Roseburn, the players better rise to it!

just after half time and walking through the St.John's centre not long after the final whistle......I don't muck about when in the cream puff!! 

Hey you! I haven't missed a Saints match at Celtic for a good while now, so I'm one of the 70.

Saw our recent great victories there thanks to Dave and Danny, and a draw when wee Nigel scored and I broke Ghostie's specs celebrating.

Times like those make all the 4 and 5 nil disasters worth sitting through, or when it's 0-0 and they score 2 in time added on.

But, seriously, I don't get this pathetic nonsense that raises it's head every now and then re attending matches and who goes to more, who travels furthest, who's not missed any in sixty four years v. who's a part timer, a glory hunter, not a real fan, a lesser fan, a moaner, etc.

I've seen far less childishness at a nursery.

Edstar's right. It's very expensive when you've major financial commitments and two or three kids who want to go.

Regardless of who can and can't go and for whatever reason, it's no-one else's business, and it's poor to start arguing and criticising each other.

Sometimes I wonder. We're meant to be on the same side but it's awfully exclusive and unwelcoming at times.

I've sat in a crowd of hundreds/thousands at Saints' matches but I'd often have been as well on my own.

There's so few of us that it'd be better to get on and support each other.

Braw post chief.i agree.

The way I see it is, if you actually thought we didn't have enough tics (should have got the 6k stand) then all the more reason to make the effort, stand in a queue and made sure you got one, or made sure someone got one for you, if you thought there would be enough tics, then you thought the same as Saints and most fans so everyone then got caught out, so then in either scenario there is no cause for complaint. BUT we are getting another 500 so you will get a tic, okay not beside yer pals but hey that's what happens at most all tic matches.

As for double deluxe, although he shouldn't have said what he did, I do see his point, i'm sure he didn't mean the Celtic match specifically but Saints away matches in general, our away support (including previous semi finals) is pretty poor most of the time, so it was more than justified for Saints only to ask for the Roseburn stand initially.  I know we all cannot afford to go to every match but in general we do have a crap away support therefore justifying our allocation.

so if you don't yet have a tic (and im sure youll get one for the main stand IF YOU REALLY WANT TO SEE SAINTS), then most only have themselves to blame for not making the effort.

Covers a lot of the points raised and yes whether you live near or far from Perth there are always ways and means of getting your ticket early, if you make the effort.

I know folk who have yet to get their hands on a ticket, if only they had said to me, I could have got more when I went for 4 (2 season ticket books - but all 4 of us are S/T. holders ) the morning they went on sale.

I walked out at our semi final v Motherwell at Hampden after 65 minutes...  The only ever game I've left early..  -1 point.

Glad it's not at Hampden!  Full Roseburn, the players better rise to it!

Must be a plus another 10 points for me as I made the national press with a picture of me sitting there with my head in my hands!!

Hate when some fans try to claim superiority over others. Surely we are all Saints fans in the end. Not all fans can go to all games, although I commend those who can and do.

Anyhow... My take on the tickets is that in hindsight we should have got more of an allocation, but how could the club have known the demand. It's not as if our home crowds massively dwarf our allocation. I think the rise in demand is in part due to the success of getting past a semi final and actually winning something. Fans now have a real belief we can win this cup. 

Thst said, I'd have liked the club to have pushed for maybe the roseburn and half the main, front and bottom. At a guess, circa 5,000?

I don't have a ticket yet as no ST and wasn't around for the Killie game. If I end up not getting one (need 4) then I'll be gutted, but can't really blame anyone. 

What would be a shame is if we do sell out this game (and we will) and the club doesn't push for a bigger allocation the next time (assuming we get to another semi final, although that is just how we roll now).

Any chance Hibs don't sell out and we get more than the 500 tickets? Could this be the reason behind the silence from the club on when they will go on sale? Maybe they are trying to get more than 500.