Synthetic Pitch - is it time?

Gas Monkey

Correct. I thought they'd relayed it two or three times at least to rectify problems from the USH, drainage and it not being relayed properly once. To still have major problems with it shows something just isn't right. Maybe we've been doing it all on the cheap and we got what we paid for of course.

I am sure we were told when the pitch was relaid 4/5 years ago(maybe more) that is was a top company that was doing it. Think they have had to patch it up every close season since then.

4G Pitch would be a solid Investment, I would allow the club to do a number of things

1) Train on the pitch (allowing players to get used to every bump, nook and cranny)

2) Hold all Youth games on the pitch

3) Hold other youth teams games on the pitch (Most highland teams when they play against a Glasgow or Edinburgh team play in Tayside)

4) Increase revenue from not having games called off

5) Not have players moaning about the pitch'

6) Play a better passing game

I know there are certain players who cannot play or train on that surface but that is a very short term problem, Going forward it would be better for the club. If It is good enough for World Cup, Champions League & Europa League them I'm sure it is good enough for us and the SPFL

We live in a cold weather country. We play in the winter, what do folk expect? Bowling greens! Our pitch is bad but so are loads of others, Hampden, Celtic Park, Dens, Firhill....get the picture? 

Not sure 4g is the answer?

Summer football?

I'm an advocate for summer football. 

• Kids will be much more interested in going to (and playing) football matches when it's not howling wind and rain.
  • Our clubs will be a bit "match sharper" for European ties.
  • All the big leagues are winter leagues - where there is better weather - could this mean that Scottish clubs could get top players on loan that were injured during their season and therefore looking to get match-fit?
  • See point three - all other leagues being winter then TV deals could potentially be more fruitful as there would be a league to watch for overseas viewers during the close season. More so if there are top players on loan.
  • See point 1 - with kids being more interested in playing in the summer, grassroots would grow. Money from TV investment should be shared more equally and invested heavily in youth

I notice that from next season there's to be a mid-season break in the winter. Ironically, this would have harmed Saints more, as there were so many call offs in the period up until the suggested break that there would have been around a five week block of no games had the break been this season.

• Kids will be much more interested in going to (and playing) football matches when it's not howling wind and rain.
  • All the big leagues are winter leagues - where there is better weather - could this mean that Scottish clubs could get top players on loan that were injured during their season and therefore looking to get match-fit?
  • See point three - all other leagues being winter then TV deals could potentially be more fruitful as there would be a league to watch for overseas viewers during the close season. More so if there are top players on loan.
  • See point 1 - with kids being more interested in playing in the summer, grassroots would grow. Money from TV investment should be shared more equally and invested heavily in youth

I notice that from next season there's to be a mid-season break in the winter. Ironically, this would have harmed Saints more, as there were so many call offs in the period up until the suggested break that there would have been around a five week block of no games had the break been this season.

Kids football at under 13 level is already on a summer football schedule. They start in March play until end of June, start again in August until end of November. 

I agree, for a country who had snow in July once, when would the winter break be! You could close down January & still risk weather call offs and a back log to play? Has to be summer football... Just think evening games during the week would be less of a thought, the European games recently, very civilised sitting in shirt sleeves instead of anoraks..... No brainer when you think about it!?! ⚽️