Letter from the club

Dr Christmas Jones

Don't know if it's secret or not but I received a letter to attend a meeting between the club, fans, stewards and police. 

From what I can gather it's to try and eradicate the problems at the scoreboard end of the East stand.  

Refreshing that the club are trying to do something about it without banning orders etc.....

See how it goes 

Don't know if it's secret or not but I received a letter to attend a meeting between the club, fans, stewards and police. 

From what I can gather it's to try and eradicate the problems at the scoreboard end of the East stand.  

Refreshing that the club are trying to do something about it without banning orders etc.....

See how it goes 

how about half a dozen stewards - same ones every week - in that area, who the fans can recognise as sensible. Give the fans some freedom to do what they want (within the law) and treat them like humans if they do. 90% of trouble I've seen at matches has been due to g4s or similar twats who think it's funny to wind folk up and start a rammy. 

Fans are customers not criminals. Remind them of that. Imagine walking into tesco and getting kicked out because you spoke too loud near the macaroni cheese. 

I know plenty of people that work at football for g4s and they are the dregs that couldn't make it as bouncers and aren't even good enough to be taxi stewards. It's the lowest of the low, a pick & mix of incompetence.

Change that, regulate that, treat fans with the same respect that you would treat any customer in any other line of business and then they can maybe build bridges.

Fans are customers not criminals. Remind them of that. Imagine walking into tesco and getting kicked out because you spoke too loud near the macaroni cheese. 

I know plenty of people that work at football for g4s and they are the dregs that couldn't make it as bouncers and aren't even good enough to be taxi stewards. It's the lowest of the low, a pick & mix of incompetence.

Change that, regulate that, treat fans with the same respect that you would treat any customer in any other line of business and then they can maybe build bridges.

Yer right mate.! they are mostly quarter brains .Spoiling for a bit of bovver. Its amazing what a high vis jacket does for numpties.! Since they were installed years ago I have never ever witnessed them quelling any troublesome situation. Quite the reverse in Fact.!

Agree with this let the guys have their space, as long as they are within the law leave them to it, Stewards just need to stand back a bit and relax. I remember the Ormond Stand 15-16 years ago one of my sons and his mates used to sit at the very far end of the stand right at the very back nearest the east stand as far away as they could from anybody in the stand they were 12-13 years old, every week a steward would go up stand behind them and moan at them sit down, stop shouting ,stop swearing etc etc, eventually they just stopped going that was 8-10 youngsters lost (well regulars they are still glory hunters) lets no make the same mistake again Give them their space I say.

While you are there ask about the old brigade in the main stand who shout ,swear moan even smoke and nothing is done about them because they are 70+ probably.    

I have never stuck up for an individual that has broken a seat or been in possession of pyro.  What I have done is stuck up for the generalisation of a group or the bullying of one person because he's the most easily recognisable. 

I think this is a great idea. And it gives everyone that sits in that area the chance to air their views and the other parties present also. 

Just have to see what happens.  

Yer right mate.! they are mostly quarter brains .Spoiling for a bit of bovver. Its amazing what a high vis jacket does for numpties.! Since they were installed years ago I have never ever witnessed them quelling any troublesome situation. Quite the reverse in Fact.!

exactly. Its 100% true. No embellishment or exaggeration needed. Can't get a desk job, can't get a job as a bouncer, to stupid to get s job anywhere else? no problem, do some stewarding, it pays more than working on checkouts. I've seen so many fvucking morons 'stoop' to stewarding because there's no other option. 

If the g4s staff were competent they would know the difference between trouble makers and fair, excited, enthusiastic fans.

i actually did some stewarding while at uni, music festivals and things, because the job was a piece of pish and the cash was excellent, and there are guys in those teams that can't even spell their own names. They just do as they're told.

A Facebook message goes out once a week and the ones that mash their keyboards fast enough get the job. Nothing to do with ability. Not about skills. No reason to worry about experience. Just comment on this status and you're in.

thats your problem. Morons wearing fluro jackets acting like robots.

On a similar subject,what brainless barsteward threw a smoke bomb yesterday. After all the warnings etc.Probably can't read. 

Hopefully Saints not fined some of their match fee.

My first thought was I knew someone who could have had that ticket! brainless indeed it was about I/2 an hour before the game even started, mind you the shootie in  warming up maybe got to him and he got excited at seeing a couple of saints players hit the back of the net.  

It ended a one all draw on the smoke bombs as some Hibs pyro maniacs fired one up as well.! Talking about wasted tickets /seats.? I noticed that there were about 15/20 empty seats at the disabled section.!Maybe they have to keep these seats available for the exclusive use of disabled people and cant offer them for general sale.! ? Seems a bit of a waste though if all the Saints disabled fans have been catered for ticket wise.!

exactly. Its 100% true. No embellishment or exaggeration needed. Can't get a desk job, can't get a job as a bouncer, to stupid to get s job anywhere else? no problem, do some stewarding, it pays more than working on checkouts. I've seen so many fvucking morons 'stoop' to stewarding because there's no other option. 

If the g4s staff were competent they would know the difference between trouble makers and fair, excited, enthusiastic fans.

i actually did some stewarding while at uni, music festivals and things, because the job was a piece of pish and the cash was excellent, and there are guys in those teams that can't even spell their own names. They just do as they're told.

A Facebook message goes out once a week and the ones that mash their keyboards fast enough get the job. Nothing to do with ability. Not about skills. No reason to worry about experience. Just comment on this status and you're in.

thats your problem. Morons wearing fluro jackets acting like robots.

Hey.! I meet most of the criteria you mention.!"Gis a Job"...LAUGH OUT LOUD

It ended a one all draw on the smoke bombs as some Hibs pyro maniacs fired one up as well.! Talking about wasted tickets /seats.? I noticed that there were about 15/20 empty seats at the disabled section.!Maybe they have to keep these seats available for the exclusive use of disabled people and cant offer them for general sale.! ? Seems a bit of a waste though if all the Saints disabled fans have been catered for ticket wise.!

Thought we had another one during the game? So 2-1 to us. There's a video going around Facebook today of a game in England where two sets of rival supporters are THROWING smoke bombs at each other and having a right rammy up at the segregation gates. Stewards struggling to contain the situation before it kicks off INSIDE the ground.  I have actually never seen anything like that at a Scottish match. The officials here are completely over zealous. 

Incidentally I walked to and from the game on my own amongst Hibs fans yesterday. Nobody attacked me. 

Watching the other semi this afternoon and it was clear to see the majority of Celtic fans stood throughout the whole of the match (well I say the whole of the match many had left long before the final whistle )

my point is they do the same at McDiarmid & don't seem to be told to sit down. If by standing Saints fans are impeding the view of their own fans I can see the problem but apart from that I don't see what the fuss is about! 

Watching the other semi this afternoon and it was clear to see the majority of Celtic fans stood throughout the whole of the match (well I say the whole of the match many had left long before the final whistle )

my point is they do the same at McDiarmid & don't seem to be told to sit down. If by standing Saints fans are impeding the view of their own fans I can see the problem but apart from that I don't see what the fuss is about! 

At the Aberdeen semi in 2014 at Tynecastle I was in the main stand section. The Dons fans to our left stood through the entire game. I have no problem with that at all, and I actually prefer it to be honest, but it blocked our our view of almost a quarter of the pitch. We couldn't see when corners were being taken, we couldn't see when it went out for a throw in, we were missing tackles, we were only watching half a game. As soon as a few of us stood up though, we were forced (not asked, not reminded, not politely suggested, 100% forced) to sit down or told we would be kicked out. They did nothing about the Aberdeen fans and couldn't give a sh!t because it "wasn't their area" to look after.

It's mob rule in this game, at all levels and in all areas, from fans in the stands all the way up to the boardroom, and even to the press (but that's another story in another thread). Get enough people on your side and you can just do whatever you want. Fvck the wee guys.

I think the pyro thing is bizarre now.  I get that some young folk like them and want to use them, but we all know they're banned.  I just can't get my head round why you'd risk getting thrown out of a game (especially a semi-final!) and a lifetime ban.. Is it worth that?

For future all ticket games I would like Saints to designate an area of tickets where those wanting to stand and make noise could do so without annoying anyone else's day.  It would also mean those wanting to get songs going could do so with like-minded folk, as I've heard a few people complain about lack of vocal support yesterday.  I've often found that with all ticket saints games over the years as everyone is so spread out.

if everyone was standing yesterday I was happy to stand, if everyone was sitting likewise, but then we had folk in front wanting to stand for a lot of the time and those behind wanting to sit so we spent some of the game in a half crouched position trying to see past those in front whilst not spoiling it for the folk behind!! I don't like to tell folk in front to sit generally as I think people should have a choice.  I see big arguments every single all ticket Saints game over this.

people can stand at concerts, festivals and public functions and football supporters should also get that choice of whether they sit or stand in the appropriate part of the stadium.

At the Aberdeen semi in 2014 at Tynecastle I was in the main stand section. The Dons fans to our left stood through the entire game. I have no problem with that at all, and I actually prefer it to be honest, but it blocked our our view of almost a quarter of the pitch. We couldn't see when corners were being taken, we couldn't see when it went out for a throw in, we were missing tackles, we were only watching half a game. As soon as a few of us stood up though, we were forced (not asked, not reminded, not politely suggested, 100% forced) to sit down or told we would be kicked out. They did nothing about the Aberdeen fans and couldn't give a sh!t because it "wasn't their area" to look after.
It's mob rule in this game, at all levels and in all areas, from fans in the stands all the way up to the boardroom, and even to the press (but that's another story in another thread). Get enough people on your side and you can just do whatever you want. Fvck the wee guys.

That pretty much sums it up! But you can bet Saints will always get the rough end of the stick 

See how it goes 

Give them a "no comment" interview and mind, naebody likes a grass.............................kidding, well done, i think there are few more qualified than you to represent the fans and those at that end of the stand.

See how it goes 

^^https://youtu.be/OTA_7RwPUPA