St. Johnstone FC V Aberdeen - Saturday 6th February 2016

Markinch Saint

Time to move on from the transfer issues and focus on Saturday's game. Hopefully a good turn out from Saints fans and a chance to get behind our wee club and wonderful team, irrespective of who starts or what player happen to come in between now and Saturday. Let's hear who you think should play, who will be fit and who would be your fantasy signing (within reason) brought in by Tommy and Steve between now and Saturday.

Edited by Markinch Saint

Here's a team without Mannus, Millar, M.O'H., and Easton:-

Clark

Mackay, Anderson, Shaughnessy, Scobbie,

Wotherspoon, Davidson, Lappin, Craig,

MacLean, Cummins.

Subs:- Mannus, Fisher, Brown, G.Hurst, Kane, Sutton, Thomson.

(Easton had 13 stitches inserted in an ankle wound, so imagine won't be available for selection)

Keep the faith.

C.O.Y.S.

Cant centralise my team but here it is...

Clark

Mackay - Ando - Joe - Scobbie

Thomson - Muzz - Wotherspoon - Swanson

Cummins - MacLean

As i assume Easton and Millar will miss out

I think it's time Kane got a start and a decent run in the team, he has proven before he has the game to beat the Dons.

Mannus

MacKay        Ando-  Joe - Scobbie

Thomson         Davidson     Wotherspoon       Lappin

McLean              

Kane

Subs -  Clark , Cummins, Craig, Swanson, Sutton, Brown

Here's a team without Mannus, Millar, M.O'H., and Easton:-

Clark

Mackay, Anderson, Shaughnessy, Scobbie,

Wotherspoon, Davidson, Lappin, Craig,

MacLean, Cummins.

Subs:- Mannus, Fisher, Brown, G.Hurst, Kane, Sutton, Thomson.

(Easton had 13 stitches inserted in an ankle wound, so imagine won't be available for selection)

Keep the faith.

C.O.Y.S.

I agree with  the starting 11 but I would make a couple  of positional changes.  I know  Joe has been outstanding at CH but I would swap him with Mackay as he does not have the pace or stamina  to play RB but his experience will see him through at CH. I would also  swap Lappin and Craig as Craig is the better defender 

We played Aberdeen last January at McD with everyone saying we'd get hammered after a bad run and they were going well.  Lappin scored a good goal and we had one of our best performances of the season in a 1-1 draw which we probably deserved to win.

i know he won't be fully fit, but I'd be tempted to start Swanson and be really positive and go at them to begin with...  when he runs out of steam take him off.  Aberdeen have a big game against Celtic tomorrow night, so they might not have the ideal preparation for this one.

Mannus

Mackay  Anderson   Shaughnessy   Scobbie

Thomson   Davidson   Craig      Swanson (or Wotherspoon if Swanson is not fit enough)

Maclean      Cummins

Kane got a decent run in the side when Cummins was injured and never really took great advantage of it

I don't think he's played that much but correct me; how many games has he had consecutive starts?

This is not a leading question, I genuinely can't recall him playing that much in recent weeks.

I don't think he's played that much but correct me; how many games has he had consecutive starts?

This is not a leading question, I genuinely can't recall him playing that much in recent weeks.

Started five of our last eleven games. Hes actually not played as much as I remember him playing tbh, assumed it was more than that.