St. Johnstone FC V Aberdeen - Saturday 6th February 2016

Markinch Saint

As the week progresses the magnitude of this game is starting to grow. We really need to be wining this game.

Does anyone think this is a winnable game? What's our aspirations going into this game?

You look at the league table and suddenly a top six place just before Christmas is looking decidedly shakey; I don't want to be in that bottom six - anything can happen.

As the week progresses the magnitude of this game is starting to grow. We really need to be wining this game.

Does anyone think this is a winnable game? What's our aspirations going into this game?

You look at the league table and suddenly a top six place just before Christmas is looking decidedly shakey; I don't want to be in that bottom six - anything can happen.

Yeah, I think it's winnable. Just need a bit of confidence and spark back. This is the first time in weeks we've not had any transfer/cup speculation hanging over us so hopefully this reflects in the performance.

Major concern, or an opportunity for Fisher to surprise us all and rise to the challenge?

Oh boy. Those who seen his performance at Motherwell will be consumed with angst. I was embarrassed for him at that match.

To be fair I thought he looked a good prospect early in the season but it must be a confidence thing. Here's hoping.

Yeah, I think it's winnable. Just need a bit of confidence and spark back. This is the first time in weeks we've not had any transfer/cup speculation hanging over us so hopefully this reflects in the performance.

My thoughts too. Lets get back to that team I used to watch when we were closing down the opposition and squeezing the play, not giving them a minute on the ball.

Cuptie will defo miss this game on Saturday and i'm guessing a few more, was a post on FB this morning from Scott Williams the physio stating he was on the early train down to the clinic in Yorkshire with Skip. 

Guessing the hip problem that has been bothering him the last couple of weeks isn't as innocuous as he thought.

Terrifying thought having Fisher in for the next few weeks.  I suspect we would just relocate Joe to right back and put Scobs in the middle beside Ando but with Easton definitely out on Saturday i'm thinking Fisher has to start unfortunately :sad: 

The loss of O'Halloran is more important in my opinion.  His situation over the last month must have been disruptive to the rest of the team as well as him.  There will be a sense of a fresh start in terms of creativity, with players seeking to prove themselves.  I'd have a hunch we'll see Wotherspoon play a blinder on the right, 

We do have the outside option of Liam Craig playing LB, Scobbie and Ando in the middle and Joe at RB.  Surely that's more realistic than playing either Scobbie or Fisher in midfield, which Tommy has done this season on more than one occasion.

Edited by montrosesaintee

Oh boy. Those who seen his performance at Motherwell will be consumed with angst. I was embarrassed for him at that match.

To be fair I thought he looked a good prospect early in the season but it must be a confidence thing. Here's hoping.

Sorry,he has never looked a good prospect & at a loss to see why Wright wanted him. If it was on the strength of a display in development league then I am worried.

Unfortunately we will hsve to play him as we cant break up the Joe/Ando partnership again.

The loss of O'Halloran is more important in my opinion.  His situation over the last month must have been disruptive to the rest of the team as well as him.  There will be a sense of a fresh start in terms of creativity, with players seeking to prove themselves.  I'd have a hunch we'll see Wotherspoon play a blinder on the right, 

We do have the outside option of Liam Craig playing LB, Scobbie and Ando in the middle and Joe at RB.  Surely that's more realistic than playing either Scobbie or Fisher in midfield, which Tommy has done this season on more than one occasion.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Fisher in midfield which I think is his best position. I would be loath to see Joe going to RB only because he seems to be settling in nicely at the back with Ando.

why not  ? I say.after all we demolished then in there own back yard.We were probably expected to get beat that day

Anything can happen in this League 

I have a feeling this will be the game that we win. We are notorious for bouncing back from a poor result/performance. I get the sense everyone is hurting from the weekend and would not be shocked if we sneak this 2-1 or 1-0. We have a decent record against the Dons and they will have a really tough match tonight against Celtic.

Thing is you always start a player if there is a chance of him breaking down again with injury so you can sub him, if you bring them on as a sub and they breakdown then you have a wasted a sub on a sub.

Or you leave him out completely and allow the injury to clear up ☺

We need to let a centre half partnership settle and build. Plus Joe is a far better CH than he is a right back

Agree with that! Moving joe to RB no matter how desperate the situation will only serve to prolong our defence frailties. Joe and Ando as a partnership are the closest thing to steady that we have seen for a while..