St. Johnstone FC V Aberdeen - Saturday 6th February 2016

Markinch Saint

Zander for me is the Future and unfortunately Mannus is now the past, a decision needs to be made in this thought, Zander is watching now every game he must be seeing what we are all seeing and thinking I could have done better there etc etc , so we need to give him his chance before we piss him off and we lose a potential good goalkeeper. Northern Ireland should not be a deciding factor in fielding our goalkeeper !

Absolutely Centre Half. St Johnstone first and Northern Ireland second.

A better battling performance second half, but the body language and approach first half was shocking.

Thank goodness we have Swanson and Cummins for next season, our only two players today.

Think we made life easy for Aberdeen, who IMO aren't as good as they think they are! 

Defensive errors which we seem to make week in week out! I still didn't think there was much between the two teams. I don't know what it is about Saints & I realise I am biased towards my team when I say this but what is it with referees? How Aberdeen ended the game with 11 men I do not know! One incident in particular the Aberdeen player didn't even get booked!! Think we should have had a penalty as well. I honestly enjoyed the game today & think when we manage to field a settled side we will be fine. Great to see Swanson & Cummins on from the start.

Once we stop treating teams with too much respect things will improve.

I don't like singling players out but what did DW do to merit MOM apart from score!? 

COYS⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

Are people seriously suggesting Alan Mannus is getting a game because him playing in our first team somehow benefits Northern Ireland?

Mannus has been brilliant for us and has shown loyalty to the club. We have a manager who shows great loyalty to players who have served him well. I know some folk are arguing too much loyalty to some experienced players, fair enough if that's your opinion.

But to suggest there's some ulterior motive in picking Mannus is ridiculous.  Just read it back to yourself and realise how stupid a comment that is.

Are people seriously suggesting Alan Mannus is getting a game because him playing in our first team somehow benefits Northern Ireland?

Mannus has been brilliant for us and has shown loyalty to the club. We have a manager who shows great loyalty to players who have served him well. I know some folk are arguing too much loyalty to some experienced players, fair enough if that's your opinion.

But to suggest there's some ulterior motive in picking Mannus is ridiculous.  Just read it back to yourself and realise how stupid a comment that is.

I do not think for a moment that TW would do anything to harm Saints in favour of NI however he may be blind to any faults that Mannus has due to their international allegiences so not an entirely stupid comment.

Last 6 matches (overall)

GPWDLGFGAGDPts
1 Aberdeen6 42012 8 +414
2 Celtic6 41119 7 +1213
3 Hearts6 24013 6 +710
4 Dundee FC6 31214 11 +310
5 Inverness6 23111 9 +29
6 Ross County6 30312 11 +19
7 Partick Thistle6 2224 5 -18
8 Kilmarnock6 2138 12 -47
9 Hamilton6 1328 15 -76
10 Motherwell6 1238 14 -65
11 Dundee Utd6 11411 13 -24
12 St Johnstone6 0244 12 -82

Fisher is still a celtic player... hate to suggest anything there, but raises game against Aberdeen?

Lets see if its the same fisher away at dundee next week.......

nah Tex nothing like that.

at Motherwell he looked like he was on the Bob Hope, I was embarrassed for him. Today he looked comfortable and passed the ball around well.

Yup. His form for us has zero bearing on his chances being NIs first choice. He ruined them chances off the pitch

I think the Northern Ireland comments are more that it benefits Mannus playing for us regularly and TW is showing him loyalty to give him the best possible chance to be first choice in the summer, not that TW is trying to benefit Northern Ireland.

Still obviously not what's happening, but a more understandable viewpoint. 

Fisher playing well because he was playing Aberdeen is not an understandable viewpoint however. What a load of claptrap. 

Honking form.

Relegation form it is. Who cares we scored 3 v Aberdeen, we still shipped in 4.

From having a great back 4 and not letting in many goals we are leaking 2/3 every game.

We have not won in 2 months! This is unacceptable and now there is feck all we can do about it now as the transfer window is shut and the board and/or manager don't know who to get or refuse to get players. 

It's a must win v Dundee on Friday night. If we loose that we will be gobbled up by the chasing pack. From being so far ahead of the chasers when we drew at home with Hearts to now struggling. 

https://de.proxfree.com/permalink.php?url=s54aaHA%2FaGsaD5vHs0QZLcUclS%2FcUxrnNZwEMCiA0I%2FFFyr5vUlWTjhoEzC8qEpD%2Bj6qIbYjJ21Elq%2FrMjsk%2BAj5aCCu3nd2oi9Tt3ixEv6wYJZfMzO9SUd9K%2B%2FFh3O6&bit=1

Hope that works. Stolen from the Aberdeen forum. Free kick looks like it deflects off Scobbies head? Third goal is a scare fest and fourth takes a deflection off Shaughnessy. 

I have just read it back and still my Opinion .     

Highlighted the bit for you as John Connelly, Henry Hall,Jim Pearson Willie Coburn  and hundreds more like them fall into that category yet unfortunately at some time in the past their form dropped enough for them to be dropped/rested and eventually replaced, I am sure if you read it back you will see how stupid a comment that is  :razz:

Interesting to see the stats from yesterday. We had 48% possession to their 52%. 4 shots at goal with 3 on target for us all of which we scored (did we not have one cleared off the line though?) They had 7 shots at goal, 4 on target all of which they scored. 6 corners each. It's the fouls that raise eyebrows for me. We only committed 7 (lowest ever???) to their 16. I think we have gone a bit soft this season and seem to be getting bullied in games. We were known for being a physical side which folk tended to focus on and completely ignore our obvious ability. We need to toughen up. The other stats to me show that we did compete in the match but the BBC describe Aberdeen as having "overpowered" us and I think that's spot on.

Interesting to see the stats from yesterday. We had 48% possession to their 52%. 4 shots at goal with 3 on target for us all of which we scored (did we not have one cleared off the line though?) They had 7 shots at goal, 4 on target all of which they scored. 6 corners each. It's the fouls that raise eyebrows for me. We only committed 7 (lowest ever???) to their 16. I think we have gone a bit soft this season and seem to be getting bullied in games. We were known for being a physical side which folk tended to focus on and completely ignore our obvious ability. We need to toughen up. The other stats to me show that we did compete in the match but the BBC describe Aberdeen as having "overpowered" us and I think that's spot on.

Last 3 games all of which were big,our foul count has been a lot lower than opposing teams. Whilst it is good that our team tries to play by the rules others seem to get away with pushing ,holding & downright fouling.