St. Johnstone FC V Aberdeen - Saturday 6th February 2016

Markinch Saint

It was his honeymoon. As he almost missed our European gamez too.

And yeah, i wouldnt hold that against him. The NI manager does though and im sure Mannus himself admitted it would harm his chances.

strange how his chances have been hampered by time off, not by wapers pointing out how crap he's been lately 

Fisher is still a celtic player... hate to suggest anything there, but raises game against Aberdeen?

Lets see if its the same fisher away at dundee next week.......

really? He played really well in as poor a poor defensive performance that I can remember. Scobbie was also good and could have had a hat trick. Andos decision making and passing once again in question. Shaunessy was great apart from the attempt at dribbling in the box but the pass from a do was totally unnecessary. Midfield looked much more creative without MOH and I have no fear once muzz is back in the team. If Millar is cramping up on 50 - 70 mins green he is clearly not fit enough and should not be starting games ahead of fit players. His lack of fitness is the ONLY reason spoony stayed on the pitch. Thomson should have been on in the 10 minute spell in the second half, where saints were in the ascendency. Cummins and Kane looked good together as Macca doesn't have the pace for these type of games. Too many decisions relating to stature and reputation over the last few weeks and as much as you like or loath the man that was something lomas was not guilty of.

That was a Braw game.To all the diddys  that left at 4-1 yer meant tae support yer team.As the last two months have shown it's been so near but no very far.

maybe the aforementioned diddys  can stay away and we will mount a great comeback in the tail end of the season  or maybe not. 

https://de.proxfree.com/permalink.php?url=s54aaHA%2FaGsaD5vHs0QZLcUclS%2FcUxrnNZwEMCiA0I%2FFFyr5vUlWTjhoEzC8qEpD%2Bj6qIbYjJ21Elq%2FrMjsk%2BAj5aCCu3nd2oi9Tt3ixEv6wYJZfMzO9SUd9K%2B%2FFh3O6&bit=1

Hope that works. Stolen from the Aberdeen forum. Free kick looks like it deflects off Scobbies head? Third goal is a scare fest and fourth takes a deflection off Shaughnessy. 

Their third goal is OFFSIDE. That's a howler fae the ref. Only one player  between the man and the goal? Check, forward pass? check the ref disallows the goal for offside NOT check.

Their third goal is OFFSIDE. That's a howler fae the ref. Only one player  between the man and the goal? Check, forward pass? check the ref disallows the goal for offside NOT check.

I thought it was offside at the time but I was about midway so wasn't sure.

I have just read it back and still my Opinion .     

Highlighted the bit for you as John Connelly, Henry Hall,Jim Pearson Willie Coburn  and hundreds more like them fall into that category yet unfortunately at some time in the past their form dropped enough for them to be dropped/rested and eventually replaced, I am sure if you read it back you will see how stupid a comment that is  :razz:

I wasn't saying the opinion that Mannus should be rested for Clark was a stupid comment.  I'm not sure I agree with it, but we're all entitled to their opinion on team selection. :laugh:

it was the comments that our manager was keeping Mannus in the Saints team primarily because this would somehow benefit Northern Ireland that I felt was ridiculous.  It's just makey uppy nonsense.  I think it's also a bit disrespectful to a man who has done a lot for our club.  

Do agree Logan should've been off though, regardless of whether the first was a red or yellow offence he got booked, and then later on completely wiped out Cummins off the ball when we were countering. Linesman just completely shitebagged it.

His tackle looked the same as the one MacKay was sent off for against Inverness and Craig also saw red for something similar? Not two footed, not exactly off the ground but described as "reckless". No consistency to refereeing in this country. 

The third goal is just a horror show. However, i don't think other teams would punish us the way Aberdeen did at times yesterday. I don't think Hamilton for instance would latch onto that rubbish pass from Spoony, bolt upfield and score the way Aberdeen did. 

Our attacking play was much more positive yesterday, Swanson is an infinitely better footballer than MOH, Cummins is getting his fitness back and Muzz will be available on Friday. The glass half empty brigade need to see these positives. 

I wasn't saying the opinion that Mannus should be rested for Clark was a stupid comment.  I'm not sure I agree with it, but we're all entitled to their opinion on team selection. :laugh:

it was the comments that our manager was keeping Mannus in the Saints team primarily because this would somehow benefit Northern Ireland that I felt was ridiculous.  It's just makey uppy nonsense.  I think it's also a bit disrespectful to a man who has done a lot for our club.  

Okay Paulo I should have worded it better, I was trying to say that it is more beneficial for Mannus to be playing first team football for his squad place for NI and that was where TW was being loyal to him.       

The SFA make me sick. They had a golden opportunity to kick unacceptable behaviour out of football but let them back into the 3rd division. Nobody should be paying for the fight against sectarianism except Rangers, Celtic and the SFA, out their own pockets.

the generalisation that fans are criminals is ridiculous. Have to agree with the young crew's banners.

The SFA make me sick. They had a golden opportunity to kick unacceptable behaviour out of football but let them back into the 3rd division. Nobody should be paying for the fight against sectarianism except Rangers, Celtic and the SFA, out their own pockets.

the generalisation that fans are criminals is ridiculous. Have to agree with the young crew's banners." quite a few here think Its OK for St Johnstone FC to have dealings with these Deperadoes Though".!?LAUGH OUT LOUD

Edited by croc