Saints Hall of Fame 2016 nominations

Jamie_Beatson

Hi all,

The nominations for the 2016 St Johnstone FC Hall of Fame are now open. To register your votes, copy the following into an email, fill it in and send to roddy@perthsaints.co.uk

Your name:

Address:

E-mail:

Nominations for each of the following periods:

Pre and including 1950s:

1960s:

1970s:

1980s:

1990s:

Please also nominate your top five individuals, irrespective of time period. These nominations may also include some of your choices by time period above:

1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

Nominations are open up to March 11 2016.

Thanks,

Jamie

Guest ScottMann

Joe Carr, Willie Coburn, Henry Hall, John Brogan, Roddy Grant and Geoff Brown

Thanks Montrose.

I'm surprised there are so few in it. I though they'd have had an initial splurge of say 20 players then top it up each year.

5 in 2013, and Geoff was the only subsequent inductee.  In my opinion it is better this way as it makes a big deal about inductees instead of individuals being lost in a crowd of names.  It's a hall of fame, not a hall of previous players/staff.

Guest ScottMann

5 in 2013, and Geoff was the only subsequent inductee.  In my opinion it is better this way as it makes a big deal about inductees instead of individuals being lost in a crowd of names.  It's a hall of fame, not a hall of previous players/staff.

I agree with the principle but don't think that something like 20 is a crowd especially given the couple of thousand or so that would have played for Saints over it's 130 years. After all it's a hall of fame, not a telephone box. A lot of players worthy of inclusion are either going to have to wait for ages to be included or even miss out altogether. 

• 1 month later...
Guest ScottMann

ok. Try Connolly.:wink:

Predictive text at its best.

I would like to think you knew who I was referring to.:confused:

Oh indeed. :wink: It's just that my hackles rise when I see Connelly or Ormand when the great men are referenced.

Shame on all those that voted the worst manager in the club's history into this. He undid all his achievement as a player by nearly relegating us.

Ah , but JC  signed ANDO, who set us on our way to our first ever Scottish cup win. No JC, no ANDO, No ANDO, No SCOTTISH CUP.. No need to thank me.. Mind how you go now.. :-)

Shame on all those that voted the worst manager in the club's history into this. He undid all his achievement as a player by nearly relegating us.

I assume this post is a joke so please accept my apologies for missing it.  John Connolly was one of the best players ever to grace a St Johnstone Strip and I've been watching since 1946.  Agreed he proved unsuited to management but I have no doubt he deeply regrets any hurt he caused.  He always gave of his best as a player and I am sure he did his best as a manager also.  I should also like to remind everyone that fan pressure played a big part in his appointment, I can well remember a chant of "Connolly's coming home" at a Queen of the South match.  He was nominated for the Hall of Fame because of the pleasure he gave us all as a player and he well deserves the accolade.