Other games on the go

Edstar101

46 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Times I've seen McCann & Ballantyne in midfield they have worked well together. 

Yes, O'Reilly is another for the future.

Next season may be one season too early. Better playing competitive games on loan than warming the bench.

My thoughts were that with the budget & playing staff apparently being cut we would have to bring some of these guys through. A lot of teams have been introducing 17 & 18 year olds recently so if players are not ready at 20 then maybe they never will be.

13 hours ago, 541ntees said:

I think a lot of folk forget the mess killie were in before Clark took over and the hatred for Michael Johnson .

scotland at least has the basis of a good young squad

Hopefully Killie will rapidly slide back down to their more natural bottom-six position with Clark gone.

I can see the appeal of the Scotland job for Clark, but I can't help but wonder if he's making a mistake. It's an incredibly difficult job and he's leaving a club where he's adored and has a genuine chance of progressing further by targeting some good results in Europe and some silverware. It's probably an impossible job for  him to turn down, but the grass of course isn't always greener etc.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Hopefully Killie will rapidly slide back down to their more natural bottom-six position with Clark gone.

I can see the appeal of the Scotland job for Clark, but I can't help but wonder if he's making a mistake. It's an incredibly difficult job and he's leaving a club where he's adored and has a genuine chance of progressing further by targeting some good results in Europe and some silverware. It's probably an impossible job for  him to turn down, but the grass of course isn't always greener etc.

I think the fact that he can move down south to be with his family is a big draw for him.  It also removes him from situations of receiving abuse from fans. 

I'm taking  the high ground on this and  will be the first to offer "smarmy Arab" commiserations. We are better than that.

United were poor though and really need some better pros to steer them to the big league - the league has changed since they were up with Macnmadud.

St.Mirren will be better next year so we better smarten up.

Would much rather have Utd to play than these Paisley scumbags. On holiday in Turkey just now and got a mouthful of abuse from one of their so called loyal supporters, accusing us of throwing the game against Hamilton.  He asked me what I had wished for" i.e 25 away fans from Hamilton next season or their 1000, wasn't too happy when I said neither, better off with a few local derbies! Sums up how deluded they are about their place at the top table, nothing to fear from that shower next season.

32 minutes ago, jez1971 said:

Would much rather have Utd to play than these Paisley scumbags. On holiday in Turkey just now and got a mouthful of abuse from one of their so called loyal supporters, accusing us of throwing the game against Hamilton.  He asked me what I had wished for" i.e 25 away fans from Hamilton next season or their 1000, wasn't too happy when I said neither, better off with a few local derbies! Sums up how deluded they are about their place at the top table, nothing to fear from that shower next season.

Agree, would rather play both Dundee teams than Midden or Hammy.

• 1 month later...

Watched Motherwell last night & they looked good with a couple of fast wingers & a young striker who looks strong & skillful.

When I saw the amount of players they lost last season I thought they would have struggled this season but they look like they have picked up a few good replacements.

• 2 weeks later...

Dundee v Inverness today surely a cock up by SFA ?

I d have thought all group Final games needed to be played at the same time.

If I ve picked this up right, if either team wins then East Fife are through, if it’s a draw though then both teams go through and East Fife out.

Means both teams can play out a draw and go through.

TV money more important then fair competition ? Or just as likely, nobody cares as it’s just East Fife.