Aberdeen v Saints 27/2/16

The ghost of Jim Morton

I am ****ed off, most of us are ****ed off. Not because we are losing;( hey, we are St.Johnstone, we have been losing games for years.) No no, I am ****ed of because  we dinnae look like we are gonna win. I hear that we were " unlucky" all the time. That it's injuries that are costing us. Individual errors, poor refereeing....the list goes on and on  and yet  here we are on Wednesday and I am already looking forward to heading up the road to sheepsville to " support" ma team..our team  There are a few things I would like to see..I would like to see attacking football. I would like to see crisp passing, incisive movement. I'd like to see a positive line up, with positive tactics.. I am positive about this.

Last time we went up there we horsed them 5-1. I would suspect that even Mr Saints tinted glasses himself would not be thinking this will happen this time round.. Oh no, the likelyhood is we will get beat, I am ready  for defeat (if it comes) but I want to see us give ourselves a ****ing chance of winning. I don't want to see us try and hold on  for a 0-0 ( we cannae dae that anyway can we??)

Mon tae **** Mr Manager, lets give the Dons a minimum of respect, lets go bust a gut and lets  not only win, but win  by playing attacking beautiful football.  COYS

Happy with that today. Thought we were set up very positively and did not just sit back. Thought a draw was a fair result as both sides had  some decent chances and both keepers made some good saves. Mannus,  for one of the few times this season, made two point winning saves and I am delighted for him. We are still ropey from corners though and not everything is rosy but on the whole that was miles better than the Partick game. Some  great battling  was on show today .I thought the ref was phucking rotten  when it came to consistency.   For the pen, first impression was he got it correct. He seemed very keen to book our boys though and the lino in front of us had a utter mare. Strangely though, Aberdeen still committed more fouls than we did ( 14-11) but we had 4 booked  according to the BBC but they failed to see Fishers ridiculous card for a hand ball so I think it was actually 5.  The other great positive today was the managers subs.  Thompson and Kano both  getting game time and both on the park when we equalised.. Well played Saints, well played Tommy Wright.

COYS

Decent game. Pretty even in the first half, and really another defensive mistake let Aberdeen score. Second half they had a lot more of the ball but didn't really do too much with it, although there were a lot of sloppy passes by saints players and some midfielders carrying out some strange decision making in front of our goal. Penalty was defo penalty and was well taken by Liam.

Plus points. We harried well, pressed and defended well. Played further up the park. Looked more organised but still need a bit more.

Hope the guy who took ill at the back of the stand whilst there is ok by the way. Speedy recovery to him.

Lappin and Craig played well as a central midfield partnership must say back four played well and mannus some good saves lets take it forward to partick on Wednesday night

Agree with that. Both worked their socks off. Brown looked OK first half. Surprised he was subbed & never saw him on bench in second half but may have got dressed & gone to stand.

Thought young Craig Thomson gave us a spark when he came on, some attacking drive and taking on defenders which we needed after the break. Chris Kane caused some problems for their defence as well. They both need to start more often. Big Al looked a bit shaky in goals again today but overall made some important saves. Was in the Aberdeen end for the missus' birthday so was right behind Liam Craig's penalty, never looked like a penalty but it was the luck we needed :D

Hope the person who collapsed is OK, we could all see something was wrong and credit to the police and stewards.

An Aberdeen fan posted the highlights as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adoBvM4vdJo

Edited by Wee Mental Davie

Just watching highlights. Witherspoon really is a crock of shit.

Do you ever have anything positive, or at least constructive to say?  That is a completely unjustified post.  Yesterday was a good solid team performance and Spoony was part of it.  He didn't have his best ever game, but he didn't hide and contributed to the performance on the day.

Great point, honours even over the 3 games but still 9 - 6 up in goals ! The Bla, Bla Crap site says that MacLean had a 10 yard volley saved at the last minute by their keeper, if it took over a minute to get to the keeper what kind of powder puff power was behind the shot ? 

Think some over exaggeration is going on for the millionth time !