St.Johnstone vs Partick Thistle

SaintSam1884

Hard to know what the team will look like. I'm going to assume Millar will be rested again for this. I hope Easton is back as we have missed his attacking threat. Obviously if he's not then Scobbie it is and he's been fine as a stand in.

Mannus 

Fisher  Anderson  Shaughnessy  Easton

Wotherspoon  Davidson  Lappin  Craig 

Swanson 

MacLean

If Millar is going to play then you could take your pick of who will drop to the bench between Lappin and Craig. Swanson is too easily dispossessed to play right in front of the full back. I like him better when he's more central and has free reign to move about and link play. The one thing that has struck me of late is a complete lack of pace in the squad but I just don't see Thomson or Kane starting. 

I'm not jumping on the must win bandwagon but I would be sorely disappointed to lose three games to Thistle. We really need to win this one if we seriously harbour hopes of finishing in the top six. If we finish bottom six it might be the most rubbish end to a season since we got promoted such is the closeness of all the teams. There would be some right crap dogfight shitfesting going on. 

Please can we win??? 

I hope that Craig's penalty on Saturday gives us the kick up the arse we needed.  I have a  new feeling of optimism, suddenly feel like we are going to start playing football again, like a black cloud has lifted.  I didn't feel like that after the Motherwell game strangely.

High intensity, closing down all over the pitch, 4-0 Saints.

We really have to start helping ourselves.  If we don't win on Wednesday we could easily be in 7th spot with worse to follow.  RC and ICT could win in this dog eat dog league and can anyone say with confidence that Celtic will beat Dundee?  Not anyone who watched BT Sport and saw them hang on to scrape a draw against Hamilton.  As for 4th place and Europe that also depends on Celtic, I hope Delia doesn't think he can put out some fringe players against Morton!

So to mix metaphors like mad come on Saints get the finger out and lets stand on our own two feet.

I hope that Craig's penalty on Saturday gives us the kick up the arse we needed.  I have a  new feeling of optimism, suddenly feel like we are going to start playing football again, like a black cloud has lifted.  I didn't feel like that after the Motherwell game strangely.

High intensity, closing down all over the pitch, 4-0 Saints.

Weirdly, I feel the same way. I think it's the fact that, yet again, this Saints side went and got a point against Aberdeen against all odds. The 'character' that we're so famous for was once again evident - I think it had been missing for quite some time. I can take shitfests and getting beat if the team are putting absolutely everything into it. At times during that horrible run, I didn't get that impression.

The news that Davidson, Millar and Easton could all be available lifts some of the gloom too.

Weirdly, I feel the same way. I think it's the fact that, yet again, this Saints side went and got a point against Aberdeen against all odds. The 'character' that we're so famous for was once again evident - I think it had been missing for quite some time. I can take shitfests and getting beat if the team are putting absolutely everything into it. At times during that horrible run, I didn't get that impression.

The news that Davidson, Millar and Easton could all be available lifts some of the gloom too.

I've said it before (several times!), sometimes the best results / performances come when the team almost picks itself due to injuries / suspensions

Saturday pretty much falls into that category for me as that would never have been the starting line upon a million years if everyone was available

To that end, how much will the availability of the three mentioned actually possibly have a detrimental impact?

Although, my caviat is that that sometimes only applies to one off games as opposed to a run of games 

In what way was the penalty flukey?  Looked a stonewaller to me.

A defender completely fresh airs a clearance and then one of the most reliable players in the league makes a mistake. A situation like that will never happen against that Aberdeen side again. And if that hadn't happened we'd have lost again.

A defender completely fresh airs a clearance and then one of the most reliable players in the league makes a mistake. A situation like that will never happen against that Aberdeen side again. And if that hadn't happened we'd have lost again.

But we didn't, and we got a point, so all the ifs and buts mean nothing, and that's the beauty of football, could  say the same thing about the 4 3 game at Perth if Joe hadn't tried to dribble out of defence would have been 3 all.

Ash Taylor is more than capable of doing exactly the same thing again.

But we didn't, and we got a point, so all the ifs and buts mean nothing, and that's the beauty of football, could  say the same thing about the 4 3 game at Perth if Joe hadn't tried to dribble out of defence would have been 3 all.

I know, I'm just saying Thistle shoved it up us dry last week, and we were well on course for another loss on Saturday before one of those random mistakes you can't rely on, so why are we suddenly all predicting we're going to pump Thistle based on that?

As has been said more times than I will attempt to mention,  NO two games are (exactly) the same.

Different day, different venue, different lineups?

So, I am predicting a Saints win, as surely the team/management will have learned from last week's game that we have got to not let ourselves be exposed at the back.

Don't concede, however as much as this may not appeal to the fans who advocate attack, attack, I would rather that we counter attacked.

If three points are not forthcoming, let us at least get one

I am certain this will be Partick's philosophy also, so don't expect a classic.