Tommy's weekly E-mail

50yrs a Saint

Notice from other threads that some people still get these e-mails, but for some reason I no longer receive it (I am a Season Ticket Holder). I thought that maybe I'd done something to block the e-mail, but it appears others are n the same boat. I am going to speak to the club about it but just wondered how many others were in the same boat?

I wasn't aware that these emails from the manager were weekly and I didn't know they were available only to season ticket holders which just underlines how poor the PR at the club is.

So to confirm only season ticket holders are privy to these weekly emails from the manager. Why aren't the fans who don't have season tickets for a variety of reasons have access to any news from the manager or players - Fans are the club!

How difficult would it be to ask any supporter, season ticket or not, to register and have these emails sent to them. Along with this information the club could also make the recipient aware of any offers etc etc. Lotto ticket results......... How about - "Buy a half season ticket" - ( this obviously later in the season).

I really despair at times about the running of the club.

So to confirm only season ticket holders are privy to these weekly emails from the manager. Why aren't the fans who don't have season tickets for a variety of reasons have access to any news from the manager or players - Fans are the club!

Ah, but even though you and I know a subscription email costs little to nothing, it'll be seen as a "perk" (a cunning marketing ploy, if you will) of buying a season ticket.

Albeit, it's a perk which sometimes you get, but sometimes you don't.  But I guess that might also be seen as a ploy to "heighten anticipation" as well though?  They're not as stupid as you think, those guys... :wink:

Seriously though, you're right, club "PR" is a shambles, as typified by the semi final ticket "arrangements".  Like a lot of other things around Saints at the moment that might help to kick us on, here doesn't seem to be the will, or even the ability, to develop it. :cry:

Edited by HertsAgain

I suspect the data used in terms of email address was taken from the season ticket applications, hence why it is only going to certain season ticket holders.

I never got it last year, but I never gave my email address. This year I did give the email address and the manager's message is coming through.

I wasn't aware that these emails from the manager were weekly and I didn't know they were available only to season ticket holders which just underlines how poor the PR at the club is.

How difficult would it be to ask any supporter, season ticket or not, to register and have these emails sent to them. Along with this information the club could also make the recipient aware of any offers etc etc. Lotto ticket results......... How about - "Buy a half season ticket" - ( this obviously later in the season).

Thanks for your positive input. I was merely trying to get some numbers so I can speak to the club, without the topic becoming the usual moanfest! Ah well, I suppose you are entitled to your opinion on the forum, whatever the topic. 

You say the fans are the club! Well my opinion is, I'm glad not every fan is as negative as you otherwise we'd be in a hell of a state.

Edited by 50yrs a Saint

Received about three or four then they abruptly stopped, checked spam etc... to no avail. It would appear that the server or distributor they are using can't seem to handle the volume of recipients so just blocks half of us. Not great again, though I do like the initial idea.   

Thanks for your positive input. I was merely trying to get some numbers so I can speak to the club, without the topic becoming the usual moanfest! Ah well, I suppose you are entitled to your opinion on the forum, whatever the topic. 

You say the fans are the club! Well my opinion is, I'm glad not every fan is as negative as you otherwise we'd be in a hell of a state.

You seem to be taking this personally. 

My post highlighted a number of issues which were critically offered to improve the information between the fans and the club. "The fans" something we don't seem to have an abundance of and who are the lifeblood of any club- nurture them don't give them reason to become exasperated or disenchanted.

I have been consistent with my criticism of the OS web page and have offered some ideas to improve this and the thread has been worthwhile if only to gauge support for my evaluation of the site.

You, old timer, are "stuck, back in the day". We as a team can be so much more if we have the courage to believe we are bigger than that wee club mentality continually offered by some.

Hope this hasn't come over as negative.

I get them.....this week's below..

On the back of our result at Partick Thistle, Saturday’s game at Pittodrie was always going to be a tough one, not least because we were playing the second best team in the country.

It turned out to be as difficult as expected but I was really pleased with the result and the deserved point from the 1-1 draw.

In the first half I thought we were getting back to our best in terms of the chances created and come half-time we had created more clear-cut opportunities than Aberdeen.  Unfortunately, we lost a goal from a set play but sometimes you have to give credit to the opposition – it was a great delivery and header to set up the goal.

The second half proved more difficult and we didn’t do as well as we can in possession of the ball but again our attitude, desire and determination not to lose another goal allowed us to stay in the game.

There is no doubt that the young players Craig Thomson and Chris Kane gave us a lift and I was pleased that both were involved in the build up to Liam’s penalty decision.  Liam also pleased me by making a great forward run and getting into the box late in the game

So in a league where every point is vital we got a valuable draw when maybe in the second half it didn’t look like it would happen and that is all down to the players.

We now have a run of three important home games where we must try and get the points to cement our top six place.   

On the injury front we encountered no fresh problems on Saturday.  Brian Easton is expected back in training this week, Murray will definitely be fit for tomorrow’s match and we will assess Chris Millar.

Finally, the players and I were made aware of the supporter who took ill on Saturday and we are all delighted to hear he is on the road to recovery.  Thank you to the medical staff at Pittodrie and also the other fans present who were very patient at the end of the game.

Hope to see you here tomorrow night.

I get them.....this week's below..

On the back of our result at Partick Thistle, Saturday’s game at Pittodrie was always going to be a tough one, not least because we were playing the second best team in the country.

It turned out to be as difficult as expected but I was really pleased with the result and the deserved point from the 1-1 draw.

In the first half I thought we were getting back to our best in terms of the chances created and come half-time we had created more clear-cut opportunities than Aberdeen.  Unfortunately, we lost a goal from a set play but sometimes you have to give credit to the opposition – it was a great delivery and header to set up the goal.

The second half proved more difficult and we didn’t do as well as we can in possession of the ball but again our attitude, desire and determination not to lose another goal allowed us to stay in the game.

There is no doubt that the young players Craig Thomson and Chris Kane gave us a lift and I was pleased that both were involved in the build up to Liam’s penalty decision.  Liam also pleased me by making a great forward run and getting into the box late in the game

So in a league where every point is vital we got a valuable draw when maybe in the second half it didn’t look like it would happen and that is all down to the players.

We now have a run of three important home games where we must try and get the points to cement our top six place.   

On the injury front we encountered no fresh problems on Saturday.  Brian Easton is expected back in training this week, Murray will definitely be fit for tomorrow’s match and we will assess Chris Millar.

Finally, the players and I were made aware of the supporter who took ill on Saturday and we are all delighted to hear he is on the road to recovery.  Thank you to the medical staff at Pittodrie and also the other fans present who were very patient at the end of the game.

Hope to see you here tomorrow night.

Thanks for this Papa

They're not for season ticket holders only. Anyone can get them. Just contact the club and ask them to add your email address to the distribution list.

I get the email most weeks - although it always goes into the junk folder - but some weeks I don't receive it at all. No emails from anyone at saints seem to get through to my work email address though, which is bizarre  

Edited by Nelly78

Strange, just checked my archives and it would appear the last time I actually received one of these was just before some insignificant date in May 2014, 05/05/2014 signed...

Tommy Wright
w86_3713604_signature1.jpg
Manager St Johnstone FC, Scottish Cup Finalists 2014

It would appear he got too big for his boots after this and stopped talking to me!
Edited by SaintDougie

Email sounds pretty much whet he said in his Saints TV interview with Ross. Don't see what the fuss is about.

They pretty much are, although I think it has more to do with the abrupt cease in these e-mails to so many people that's odd. In a time where the club has been actively seeking to better communications with fans it's strange that it hasn't been picked up on before. To be fair though, I hadn't really noticed they were missing for nearly two years!  Not that I really miss them as I watch the YouTube videos etc...

I too have received no e-mails this season and for most of last season. I spoke to Ross about it towards the end of the end of the season and received one more!

I think the idea that their server can't deal with a large distribution list (and that must be a laugh to rival fans!) is correct, but no-one is taking responsibility for spotting it and sorting it out.

Good idea to speak to the club about the number ofof unhappy fans here, plus more besides I'm sure. I suggest you get a contact and publish it here so that we can all let them know when we are not receiving these emails.

Can understand your dismay but can't understand you're "Buy a half season ticket" plea.!!

Saints advertised Half Season ticket sales on the Official site on 29th Dec.2015.

As far as I'm aware, this has been the case for a few seasons now.

Can understand your dismay but can't understand you're "Buy a half season ticket" plea.!!

Saints advertised Half Season ticket sales on the Official site on 29th Dec.2015.

Plus, this subject about the emails, has been discussed many times on here and the other media outlets so can only presume Jet is either new to supporting Saints or new to reading the different sites. 

You are a auld timer stuck in the past as well , dont you be educating these young whipper snappers

Plus, this subject about the emails, has been discussed many times on here and the other media outlets so can only presume Jet is either new to supporting Saints or new to reading the different sites. 

Are you being deliberately obtuse? 

I started a thread about the OS site to get an understanding if I was the only one who thought it was poor. The weekly email from the manager obviously struck a chord hence this one sprung up with various contributors.

Please try to be less condescending it really is cheap and does you no credit.