Saints v ICT Wed 9th March K-O 7.45pm

who cares I'm in the frikkin states along with Texas and a whole bunch of ex pats ...

Why do people have to tell us there holiday plans you enjoyed the game on Twitter that's it  oh and by the way well done Saints you totally lifted the moral of all is ex pats that have to rely on shit rather than the real thing week in without  sorry did I mention I'm in the states 

its ok we know you are in the states and have been for some time. We can tell by the completely Americanized shite you post on here half the time.

Much better performance from the lads. Although there was still plenty of mistakes in our play, we pressed harder, created chances and showed some fight and passion.

Thought Lappin had a good game and didn't shy from taking the ball to feet. Chris Kane battled away and Swanson showed glimpses of what he can do. Plenty of graft from the team.

The second half we took over and the tired legs of Inverness began to show.

Good victory.

It really pisses me off when some fans shout for the ball to be punted up park by goalie & defence.

At least Mannus got applauded when he threw the ball out to Fisher.

The old moaning chaps in the main stand are always shouting "get it up the park " they have never grasped possession is more likely to succeed than hoofing it up the park to give it away to the opposition.   

I thought Saints were excellent last night - a performance reminiscent of our form towards the end of last season. We started the match ok - the main focus seemed to be not conceding early and, given what's gone before, that was very much appreciated! After about 40 minutes, we started pushing forward and we didn't really look back from there.

Second half started with an early period of ICT pressure, but after that we battered them. Must admit, I was more confident we'd win the game with 11 men than 10 but, to the team's credit, they played against 10 men perfectly. Patiently passed the ball from side to side, opening up gaps and exploiting the space. If Swanson had've been with us for the Hearts game, and if Spoony had been able to play wide, there's no way that one would've finished 0-0.

Delighted for Kane, who was excellent all night and made a massive different, as his work rate was top notch and he deserved to be the hero. His runs/movements off the ball aren't perfect yet and need work, but it's clear he's bulked himself up a bit and seems to be stronger as a result. I'm hoping he gets a run in the team as his last 135 minutes have produced 2 excellent displays and 2 goals as well.

who cares I'm in the frikkin states along with Texas and a whole bunch of ex pats ...

Why do people have to tell us there holiday plans you enjoyed the game on Twitter that's it  oh and by the way well done Saints you totally lifted the moral of all is ex pats that have to rely on shit rather than the real thing week in without  sorry did I mention I'm in the states 

because I was replying to someone else, not you?

I think you mean a whole bunch of immigrants

First couple of minutes I thought it was a case of 'oh no, here we go again' though thankfully their chance went over the bar. As said previously, it could have been an entirely different night had it not. The first 30 odd minutes were bit of a sparring match however Saints appeared to have figured them out in the last 10 of the first half and looked like scoring before the break.

Second half the team looked to be back to their auld self, playing some expansive and at times exciting football. Not all of the cracks have been covered over with the second half performance but it certainly goes a long way to doing so. Can't really fault anyone's effort or performance in the game, the back four were solid and I was pleased to see Ando have a good game after recent performances. Scobbie again impressed going forward on the wing in the second half when we were really starting to put pressure on the 10 men, he's done a fair shift coming in for Easton whom will have a tough time getting back in. 

For me as far as the Man of the match is concerned I would be very tempted to award it to Swanson on his second half performance, so pleasing to see someone that has the confidence to run at a defense again since MoH departed. However I think Fisher is deserving of it for his over all performance. Positioning in defense was far better than the week previous, with some very impressive distribution into the midfield to find an unmarked player. Also showed his ability to cross a dangerous ball in to the box on many occasions, culminating in yet another assist with a cross making its way through to Kane to stab home the winner. Though again I'm sure someone will claim all of the above was just pure fluke, as were some people on Facebook last night claiming he was like watching Efe Ambrose! Now that's harsh on a Sunday league defender never mind an actual professional.    

From watching the highlights I don't think Fisher can be put down as a direct assist as it was a header from Cummings that got the ball to the back post. The initial cross took a massive deflection as well but at least he was getting it into a dangerous area.

Edited by garydavidson

Although Lapin deserves the mentions he has had, he would have got MOM easily from me if he didn't try the wonder ball everytime, he played his role really well, as good as I have seen him but then he tries that mega pass too often, easy ball more often than not would improve his game.

From watching the highlights I don't think Fisher can be put down as a direct assist as it was a header from Cummings that got the ball to the back post. The initial cross took a massive deflection as well but at least he was getting it into a dangerous area.

Fair enough, can't say I've seen the highlights yet so just going on what I saw last night from quite a fair distance. 

Can you make a sub between the foul being given & the kick being taken. If you can I would have brought him on.

12 yards out, most players should score 75% of the time, liam craig has missed a few in saints colours.

there were enough good strikers of the ball out there to take it.

alot of the top penalty takers were full backs, ray stewart, jullion Dicks, mark traynor were among the best ever.

I can only repeat what others have already said. The first-half was a turgid affair with few moments of goal-mouth action. We stepped up the pace in the final 5-10 minutes of the first-half. There is a happy medium between aimlessly punting the ball up the pitch and aimlessly passing the ball along the deck in a negative and lethargic manner. I wanted to see a bit more urgency and positivity in our passing, and we certainly improved in that regard.

The second-half was a real relief. A return to the kind of football we're capable of playing. Attacking intent, good pressing, a real hunger to win. I don't think the right person took the penalty though. One of those occasions where you just know the penalty taker is going to miss it.

Stand-outs were Darnell Fisher, Simon Lappin, Murray Davidson, Danny Swanson (in the second half) and Chris Kane. However, there wasn't really one failure in the team.

I thought Steven Maclean had a decent game last night.  He was involved in quite a lot of the build up to several of our chances. He's not getting into a lot of scoring positions as others have said, but I've always felt he's at his best as a supporting striker playing alongside a more clinical and possibly quicker goalscorer.

Cummins did well when he came on but I'd be surprised if that starting eleven wasn't the same next week.