MOTM Saints 1 - ICT 0 - 09/03/16

ex-montrosesaintee

MOTM Saints 1 - ICT 0 - 09/03/16  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lappin for me. Played the Millar role better than Millar has and kept us ticking over all game, protected the defence wonderfully aswell.That type of midfield base figure is vital to us  Swanson not far behind.

I'm worried I agree with you. Lappin was the only one with composure in the middle and he was positioning people all game. Shame none of the balls on the edge of the box fell to him, he's usually good at hitting the target.  

Lappin, Kane, Davidson and... Drum roll... Darnell Fisher well all excellent for me tonight. Lappin is playing his way into an extension much more effectively than Craig for me. Kane's mobility made a huge difference and his hold up play is getting better all the time. Davidson just Davidson'd his way through the game and Darnell was absolutely superb up the right hand side. Good defensively, timed his runs well and, for the second week in a row, put a telling cross into the box which we scored from. 

Really tough one. I'm going for Fisher. I give him it tight when he doesn't play well, deserves the praise when he doesn't put a foot wrong, one or two dodgy passes aside. Well done young man! 

I'm worried I agree with you. Lappin was the only one with composure in the middle and he was positioning people all game. Shame none of the balls on the edge of the box fell to him, he's usually good at hitting the target.  

Biggest worry is that he'll be fairly anonymous next week though

Really hard to pick tonight a lot of decent performances ,it was between wotherspoon and swanson for me went for swanson in the end , muzz and fisher were also in contention p.s when will the fans shake off the Fisher is pish stuff? He has been a top performer for the last 5 games odd , he's apperars to be a more talented footballer than a lot in our squad ? Or I am mad haha

Lappin, Kane, Davidson and... Drum roll... Darnell Fisher well all excellent for me tonight. Lappin is playing his way into an extension much more effectively than Craig for me. Kane's mobility made a huge difference and his hold up play is getting better all the time. Davidson just Davidson'd his way through the game and Darnell was absolutely superb up the right hand side. Good defensively, timed his runs well and, for the second week in a row, put a telling cross into the box which we scored from. 

Really tough one. I'm going for Fisher. I give him it tight when he doesn't play well, deserves the praise when he doesn't put a foot wrong, one or two dodgy passes aside. Well done young man! 

Cant argue with any of that but I gave it to Kane who not only scored another goal similar to last week through sheer determination but he gave their central defenders a hard time & never let them relax.

Yep if we end up keeping Darnell as right back for next season I'd be fine with that.  He still needs work on his defensive position, but he's young enough, and you feel with Dave Mackay still around the squad and Callum Davidson that there's plenty good advice and guidance available.

For what it's worth, the folk behind me walked out when Muzz missed the target with a left foot effort when we were on top in the second half.

Pity they missed the goal.

A good all round team effort, with a few candidates for MOM.

Before the goal I was saying how none of the cut backs and crosses were reaching Kane, while others that the ball reached were missing the target or having shots blocked, so was over the moon when he was in the right place at the right time and got the ball over the line for a deserved win.

Also for his nonstop effort and closing down of defenders, Chris Kane gets my vote.

Edited by HOODLUM65
Additionally, Lappin was majestic in midfield.