208 boozer

slf

not sure where cagey lives, but the average house price in the uk these days is knocking on 200k. its hardly decedant living.

japanese style 100+ year mortgages cant be far off. God bless MaggieT, and all who profitted under her ;)

Dont know how much you would pay for a mortgage that size but wouldn't think it would leave much for a regular pint.

sam, im not sure which of my posts you are referring too?

i said the cherrybank was bordering residential areas where there was enough residual income to make a pub a going concern - that point you seemed to agree with so i'll assume it moot

The 208, IS a disgrace of a pub, has been since the 80s, and without serious investment is never anywhere anyone would stop into unless on their way to McD Park.

Finally, i actually referred to letham and tulloch as "shite", i know noone whod rather live there than say, kinnoull hill ?

sam,

Finally, i actually referred to letham and tulloch as "shite", i know noone whod rather live there than say, kinnoull hill ?

I would rather live in letham  so fuq  you .it maybe a dump and junky ville now but it is where I was born.wasnt like that in my youth.

go fuq yersel .yer not welcome  .as for tulloch I would rather live in a tent on kinnoul hill.

sam, im not sure which of my posts you are referring too?

i said the cherrybank was bordering residential areas where there was enough residual income to make a pub a going concern - that point you seemed to agree with so i'll assume it moot

The 208, IS a disgrace of a pub, has been since the 80s, and without serious investment is never anywhere anyone would stop into unless on their way to McD Park.

I can't believe you're actually defending what you said by offending people further. Naturally lots of people would rather live in a 7 bed Victorian villa on Kinnoull hill than a 3 bedroom former council house in Tulloch but for 99% of people that's a bit far reaching. I don't actually know anyone who could afford to live there. I've only met two people in my entire life who have lived there and neither of them do now, as it was their parents houses. 

In Tulloch, the street I live on is full of people who own their own homes, we all have cars and work for a living. There are a few young couples and families starting out in life plus a good few retired couples (who used to work, funnily enough). There's no trouble, everyone knows everyone else and lots of us have lived here for a very long time. 

The houses don't look as nice as the ones in Oakbank or Kinnoull Hill and its maybe not your cup of snobbish tea but to describe it as a "shite part of town" is offensive to the people who live there. There are small pockets that are perhaps less desirable (I.e. down by the shops) in both Letham and Tulloch but by and large, no problems. Certainly in Tulloch, people take pride in their gardens, there's no rubbish strewn about or stuff lying dumped about the place. I don't go to Letham much so can't say too much about it but know lots of people who live there who never complain about it. 

The 208 in its current state is not pleasant and nobody has disagreed with you there. I said it has potential to be something better and outlined the ways in which that could happen. You're just assuming the area it's in is full of folk who can't afford to eat out or go out for a few drinks therefore couldn't support it. I'm sure that may be true for some people but I'm telling you - from personal experience, having actually lived here - that your view point doesn't actually speak for the majority. You are making a crass generalisation based on an ignorant opinion of the place. I have plenty of disposable income and regularly eat out. Incidentally I know a few people who live in Oakbank who don't have a lot of disposable income because they've rooked themselves trying to live in a house they can barely afford.  

Stop being so narrow minded and judgemental. 

Born in a close in Rannoch Road, grew up in Letham, council house. Left in the 80s, it was a good place to grow up, everyone supported each other. No problems at all back then. Nothing against people from Tulloch, Craigie, Kinnoull Hill, why hate your neighbour when there's Dundee just along the road?

Edited by babychunder

Born in a close in Rannoch Road, grew up in Letham, council house. Left in the 80s, it was a good place to grow up, everyone supported each other. No problems at all back then. Nothing against people from Tulloch, Craigie, Kinnoull Hill, why hate your neighbour when there's Dundee just along the road?

I am sure there has been many bairns concieved in a Letham close but you are the first person I have heard of to be born in one :laugh:

resonates with me .braw post.i was logie crescent no.11 a 

Born in the PRI, but parents' first flat was Logie Crescent.

Moved to the town for a number of years in early 80's but then lived near lower Rannoch roundabout (bungalow next to the Police house) from '86 to 2001.

Now live in one of the newer builds in what's officially known as "Atholl Park", but I call it Tulloch. 

Born in the PRI, but parents' first flat was Logie Crescent.

Moved to the town for a number of years in early 80's but then lived near lower Rannoch roundabout (bungalow next to the Police house) from '86 to 2001.

Now live in one of the newer builds in what's officially known as "Atholl Park", but I call it Tulloch. 

My aunt and uncle lived in the police station house on the corner at the roundabout when I was growing up. Sgt. Dave Paton, was a good goalie for the police team and a good cricketer for Stanley.

My aunt and uncle lived in the police station house on the corner at the roundabout when I was growing up. Sgt. Dave Paton, was a good goalie for the police team and a good cricketer for Stanley.

I was pals with young Dave Paton we went to the same primary school and then onto the High school together.

I was brought up from the age of 5 to 11 in Firbank road. Good community spirit everyone helping everyone else.

Mon the letham team!

It was a Mrs Kemp that stayed there. Her son, Roy Kemp, is/was a Policeman as was her late husband.

Mrs Kemp died probably near 20 years ago now and Roy Kemp will be a fair age.

My mum stays on Albany Terrace, #34.
Bonny wee street but hellish for parking now that most folk have one or two cars.

It was a Mrs Kemp that stayed there. Her son, Roy Kemp, is/was a Policeman as was her late husband.

Mrs Kemp died probably near 20 years ago now and Roy Kemp will be a fair age.

My mum stays on Albany Terrace, #34.
Bonny wee street but hellish for parking now that most folk have one or two cars.

There was two police houses either side of the actual station. There was an internal door from the house hall that lead in to the polis station. It was already closed down when I used to stay early seventies. Great corner front Garden for footie. There was a police family on the other side of the station but I didn't get to know them. 

Albany is a great street. I'm trying to remember but #34 must be nearer the Unity Terrace end and elevated. Browns were #20 and Ross's #26?. 

I was pals with young Dave Paton we went to the same primary school and then onto the High school together.

I was brought up from the age of 5 to 11 in Firbank road. Good community spirit everyone helping everyone else.

Mon the letham team!

not spoken to my young cuz Dave for a long time. Last time was when young Callum, his brother tragically died. 

not spoken to my young cuz Dave for a long time. Last time was when young Callum, his brother tragically died. 

Bugger, I never knew about Callum's untimely passing.

I just did a quick google search and it turns out that I travel the Falkland to Strathmiglo road to work every day. I remember the accident but didn't make the connection till you mentioned his death.

Sad stuff indeed.

That was a posh hoose, always looked at it and dreamed...

So did my dad when he was a wee boy - he grew up on Kenmore Terrace - , then got the opportunity to buy it in the 80's.

It's been extended etc., over recent years. I wouldn't mind a peek inside it to see how its changed.