The Scott Brown conundrum.

rik2304

I would give him 1 more year. He is young and has a great range of passing, however he needs to kick on or will end up like Liam C and Mooner.

May depend on how much Tommy has for a squad budget and if better quality midfielders become available that fit within the budget. Whilst Tommy is looking to bring in 3 or 4 players, I am not convinced that he will be increasing the overall squad by 3 or 4 of players as we would end up with players sitting in the stand for most of the season.

Well if he can't get a game or look a stand out amongst a Dumbarton midfield it is saying a lot. One decent game against a very poor Celtic midfield doesn't make a player. 

So, these unbelievable Dumbarton midfielders that kept Scott Brown out of the team would have done an equally as good job as Brown did against Celtic on Wednesday? Jamie Lindsay or Jon Routledge are better football players than Scott Brown?

You wouldn't have Johansen, McGregor, Bitton, Allan, Christie, Rogic or Roberts at Saints then based on your notion that because it was such a poor Celtic midfield it was easy for Scott Brown to look good up against such average players?

Quotes from the manager today imply that he might have kept Brown if he was keeping the same squad but hopes to strengthen in midfield which would push Brown further down the list. 

I suppose that makes sense - I just hope the intended signings actually come to fruition. The idea of saints signing anyone better than the (questionable) likes of Coulson still seems unrealistic to me, but very excited to be proven wrong.