New Strip Season 16/17

thesaint10

Supplier issues, sponsorship holdups, blue thread shortage, sweatshop strikes, the lorry broke down...who knows what lame excuses will be presented this year.

In reality there is absolutely no reason at all why the club could not have at the very least released an image of the new kit by this stage in the close season, or to have started taking pre-orders. For such a supposedly 'well run' club, you'd think that they would spot a money-making opportunity when they see one after all their years in the business.

The squad are back training, play their first match of the new campaign a week tomorrow, and there's still no sign of any new strip information for the fans.

That's a shambles quite frankly.

Are you actually critizing how saints are run ....on here?

Roddy cant send, or read, e-mails so his inbox is likely full of companies wanting to sponser us/supplier asking for details

Why do you continually need to   slag a legend like Roddy Grant off? So what if he doesnae do e-mails...im sure just being associated to SJFC is enough.

Can you play football as well as he did ?

Yeah, but I don't hold a integral part of a football club.

How do you hold an integral part of a football club? You are not doing too well on this one are you.:roll::roll::roll::roll:

There are other staff at the club other than roddy grant. Administration staff will no doubt look after the emails etc. His role is there as a figurehead that fans can relate to and he seems to do a good job. 

I heard the same as the above last night! Apparently they are "Sunday League bad" according to someone that has seen them. He seriously suggested there could be a situation like Dundee had a few seasons ago where the fans were so up in arms that the club would have to change them but when questioned admitted they probably hasn't made a bulk order before releasing them. Basically I was told to prepare to be very disappointed in everything to do with it so the bar is set very low!

I heard the same as the above last night! Apparently they are "Sunday League bad" according to someone that has seen them. He seriously suggested there could be a situation like Dundee had a few seasons ago where the fans were so up in arms that the club would have to change them but when questioned admitted they probably hasn't made a bulk order before releasing them. Basically I was told to prepare to be very disappointed in everything to do with it so the bar is set very low!

I was told tonight that the new strips have arrived ...and they are a bit shit 

Did all these sources give any indication of colours for home and away strips?

Are the strips not bespoke?

Guest ScottMann

The diagonal stripe isn't exactly cutting edge now but it's current and the blue with a white one looked ok on Birmingham and Hatlepool strips last season, especially with blue shorts. I'm not fan of the last top and in theory would prefer what's being suggested we're going for.

Edited by ScottMann

Question is what colours the sponsor going to be if that's used. Can't be blue and can't be white and a black logo is going to look awfully silly. 

I've never really cared about what the strips look like anyway, so long as saints are winning and so on and so forth.