New Strip Season 16/17

thesaint10

Its not just a football strip, it's our identity as muckers from Perth. This identity is discussed over and over again and goes back to strips introduced for decades. It is extremely important to a lot of people on here.So if a shite strip or sponsor logo is allowed to be marketed and it is shite.....then opinions will happen. S it is far from just a T shirt as described by our honourable friend from Aberfanny.  

Guest ScottMann

CnU7e3hXYAA0Z-x.jpg:large

Look at the state of that smallest kids top. Completely laughable that we would try and sell something like that. This rightly deserves to be the lowest selling kit in the club's history, and I really hope to god that it is so that Broon and his chums take notice and get somebody with a bit of know-how to advise on the next one.

I bet it would have cost the club less to gift Storrar a logo re-resign than the cash they'll miss out on thanks to lost kit sales this year. Imagine how bad the rejected designs were if that was the one that they eventually decided upon.

No need for a redesign as such. He's already using 3 different logos and we've landed the worst. There's a much better one that would match his website's masthead for a bit of brand continuity but that's not even been thought of. The whole things been handled by obvious amateurs.

CnU7e3hXYAA0Z-x.jpg:large

Look at the state of that smallest kids top. Completely laughable that we would try and sell something like that. This rightly deserves to be the lowest selling kit in the club's history, and I really hope to god that it is so that Broon and his chums take notice and get somebody with a bit of know-how to advise on the next one.

I bet it would have cost the club less to gift Storrar a logo re-resign than the cash they'll miss out on thanks to lost kit sales this year. Imagine how bad the rejected designs were if that was the one that they eventually decided 

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

I get the argument. But Saints are a very small brand in a very very small and finite market, and the head room for increased revenue and or brand awareness is, frankly, tiny

So lets say 3,000 supporters for home games - roughly 20% will buy a strip?

i would argue that with perthshire being 149,930 (2015 stat)

that we are only hitting 0.2% of the our market and 0.004% in shirt sales - i think there is a decent amount of growth in those numbers

I would be interested to know how many shirt sales we do get

Well, it wouldn't be Perthshire, it would be Saints fans/supporters, or rather those of them who are in the market for a very expensive tee shirt. A really good increase might be say a couple of hundred more sold. Take away all other costs, and what are you left with for marketing and still make a profit? 

About a fiver.

Well, it wouldn't be Perthshire, it would be Saints fans/supporters, or rather those of them who are in the market for a very expensive tee shirt. A really good increase might be say a couple of hundred more sold. Take away all other costs, and what are you left with for marketing and still make a profit? 

About a fiver.

Why would you market at someone who is already going to buy a top regardless if it looks like someone with cross eyes tried to do vertical stripes - i would say Perthshire was the marketplace and the current fans are the existing customerbase?

I didn't say those who were going to buy a top. I said those who could afford it. 

This is kind of a pointless argument. If you think it's that easy, speak to Saints about a licence to sell branded goods yourself. I think you'll find they'll want their share of the money up front. Good luck.

The Broons didn't become rich by building huge numbers of houses they thought looked really, really nice. They did it by building precisely enough to meet the demand from the market at a price that would render a decent profit. I'd hazard a guess they might even know about stuff, or even employ someone who did.

Edited by Abernethy Saint