New Strip Season 16/17

thesaint10

From the pic tweeted out from Elgin it appears we've now got a 3rd sponsor on the shirt in addition to Alan Storrar and the Binn Group. Under the number we apparently have a company called Steve Brown Electrical. Strange how this new sponsor wasn't given any coverage at all. 

Come to think of it, were Binn Group mentioned at all as a shirt sponsor again for the season? Can't remember seeing it. Disappointing if so given the number of years they've backed the club.

I think they announced the binned group separately last year aswell. Gives them a higher profile announcing it separately I would expect. 

Guest ScottMann

I think they announced the binned group separately last year aswell. Gives them a higher profile announcing it separately I would expect. 

Having done that with Alan Storrar any other sponsor should have been credited at least at the strip launch and certainly before it was worn in public for the first time though. 

Having done that with Alan Storrar any other sponsor should have been credited at least at the strip launch and certainly before it was worn in public for the first time though. 

Does it really matter that much to you? I assume the sponsors themselves will be involved in any announcements. 

I can't see the chairman complaining given he is one of the sponsors involved. 

Guest ScottMann

Does it really matter that much to you? I assume the sponsors themselves will be involved in any announcements. 

I can't see the chairman complaining given he is one of the sponsors involved. 

Oh FFS, you're back on guard duty. Mind you, you're never off it.  Yes, it matters. Portray yourself as a business and you'll be judged as a business. I know about these things so to see it done so badly annoys me as much as anyone daring to say anything that isn't 'pip pip c'mon team' about Saints annoys you. Jesus Christ. 

Edited by ScottMann

Oh FFS, you're back on guard duty. Mind you, you're never off it.  Yes, it matters. Portray yourself as a business and you'll be judged as a business. I know about these things so to see it done so badly annoys me as much as anyone daring to say anything that isn't 'pip pip c'mon team' about Saints annoys you. Jesus Christ. 

Are you never happy unless you have something to moan about? 

Go and get a life!!

Guest ScottMann

Are you never happy unless you have something to moan about? 

Go and get a life!!

And the award for the most ironic post in the history of the internet goes to...

Guest ScottMann

Please, can we have the name of the name of the poster in the message so I can decide which one or both are being complete twats. Thanks.

Sure. Try AthensSaint.

They've sponsored the back of the strip for about four seasons now, are you expecting them to be announced every season? They don't even put it up on their own website anymore 

I very much doubt they signed a 4+ year sponsorship deal with the club. So yes, in that case, each season (essentially each new agreement) should be worth announcing/promoting.

CnU7e3hXYAA0Z-x.jpg:large

Look at the state of that smallest kids top. Completely laughable that we would try and sell something like that. This rightly deserves to be the lowest selling kit in the club's history, and I really hope to god that it is so that Broon and his chums take notice and get somebody with a bit of know-how to advise on the next one.

I bet it would have cost the club less to gift Storrar a logo re-resign than the cash they'll miss out on thanks to lost kit sales this year. Imagine how bad the rejected designs were if that was the one that they eventually decided upon.

It's a feckin tee shirt with some writing on it that some numpty is actually PAYING a football team to wear. Honest to God, you're like a bunch of fashion-obsessed teenage girls arguing over the length of fanny-pelmets this summer!

That's exactly the mind set and attitude which is so maddeningly annoying. You can't deny footballs a changing game and to appeal to younger fans who haven't yet been lured away by bigger teams you have to try to compete in a marketing and branding sense.

Unfortunately too many people with that mindset are actually involved in the running of our club, as much as you might hate it visual appeal is a huge part of the game now and nice kits can occasionally win over some fans. 

I get the argument. But Saints are a very small brand in a very very small and finite market, and the head room for increased revenue and or brand awareness is, frankly, tiny, and pales into insignificance or even invisibility compared to success on the field. Attendances increased because of a glorious cup win, not because of a tee shirt. 

Not being bitchy, but if all the business and marketing experts on here applied their talents to businesses of their own Scotland would be the world's leading economic power.

But my point really was that it is fascinating that a bunch of hairy arsed blokes who would normally rather eat their own shite than be caught discussing fashion, whatever that is, feel comfortable doing it when it's worn by a football team. Oh, Boaby, that teal and magenta goes Braw wi yur complexion, like. Jessies. :wink:

I get the argument. But Saints are a very small brand in a very very small and finite market, and the head room for increased revenue and or brand awareness is, frankly, tiny, and pales into insignificance or even invisibility compared to success on the field. Attendances increased because of a glorious cup win, not because of a tee shirt. 

Not being bitchy, but if all the business and marketing experts on here applied their talents to businesses of their own Scotland would be the world's leading economic power.

But my point really was that it is fascinating that a bunch of hairy arsed blokes who would normally rather eat their own shite than be caught discussing fashion, whatever that is, feel comfortable doing it when it's worn by a football team. Oh, Boaby, that teal and magenta goes Braw wi yur complexion, like. Jessies. :wink:

So just because it's a small market we just roll over and not bother trying? Again, your just disregarding what can actually be an asset, I'm not saying doing it better will drastically increase our support, only the product on the pitch will do that, I'm just saying it could help. 

And I get your point I'm certainly not claiming to be an expert im only 23 and I've only worked in marketing for 2 years. I'm not saying trying to market the club better will be a resounding success, once again I'm just saying try. Like you say not every business can do it well but most try.

Your last point is just ridiculous as it is but I assume you realise it's not just men that support saints? Blinkered nonsense again just disminissing potential markets. 

So just because it's a small market we just roll over and not bother trying? Again, your just disregarding what can actually be an asset, I'm not saying doing it better will drastically increase our support, only the product on the pitch will do that, I'm just saying it could help. 

And I get your point I'm certainly not claiming to be an expert im only 23 and I've only worked in marketing for 2 years. I'm not saying trying to market the club better will be a resounding success, once again I'm just saying try. Like you say not every business can do it well but most try.

Your last point is just ridiculous as it is but I assume you realise it's not just men that support saints? Blinkered nonsense again just disminissing potential markets. 

Now, now. The third point was a jest, as you fine know.

For what it's worth, I have an MBA, majoring in marketing, and it's a fascinating tool with far, far more power than people understand. I often wish I'd gone into it professionally. But surely the first rule of marketing is, because it is so expensive and time-consuming, it should only be pursued in a big way if it puts a significant amount on the bottom line? Personally I think Saints could do better in this area, but it's not the be all and end all, and the same money would (and is, hence our success) be better spent on nurturing our May's and O'Hallorans.

i also appreciate that the purpose of a forum is to talk shite, which we both almost certainly are, so let's not fall out about it. 

Btw, my wife loves your mascara.

Now, now. The third point was a jest, as you fine know.

For what it's worth, I have an MBA, majoring in marketing, and it's a fascinating tool with far, far more power than people understand. I often wish I'd gone into it professionally. But surely the first rule of marketing is, because it is so expensive and time-consuming, it should only be pursued in a big way if it puts a significant amount on the bottom line? Personally I think Saints could do better in this area, but it's not the be all and end all, and the same money would (and is, hence our success) be better spent on nurturing our May's and O'Hallorans.

i also appreciate that the purpose of a forum is to talk shite, which we both almost certainly are, so let's not fall out about it. 

Btw, my wife loves your mascara.

Again, I'm not saying it's the be all and end all or anything just that we could at least try the bare minimum. But your right, for a Sunday morning this must be up there with boring conversations to read.

Tell her thanks ;)