Three forwards only for season 2016 - 2017 ?

AthensSaint

Sandaza is a free agent, but seems to have his heart set of re-joining Girona. I'd be astounded if he wanted a return to Scotland after what happened to him here.

If we do sign a striker, it'll be a fourth choice option, and probably one who fits the "hoofball" option TW seems to adore so much. MacLean, Cummins and Kane deserve to be the main three strikers. I'm not ITK in the slightest, but as has been said, we'll have an interest in Goodwillie again. I can't see us appealing to him as he'll need to take a wage cut, and he'll no longer be promised regular games, something he was before he joined Aberdeen.

El Bakhtaoui won't be joining anyone in the top flight, outwith Hearts, for all the hype around him he was directly involved in less goals than Rory McAllister. An outside suggestion is him to Hearts, and then Gavin Reilly on loan to us, which has been hinted at a few times on the Hearts forum

I don't think Macca, Cummins and Kane alone are a strong enough front line option. 

Macca is clever, but needs that link with somebody. He perhaps has it with Cummins, but not Kane. Can have lengthy dry spells, which alone isn't a concern, unless they coincide with Cummins, who is not that natural a finisher

Kane is still raw, and as I have said previously, may not turn into the player many on here expect

Our saviour though if we do stick with just the three strikers could be goals from midfield. Spoony showed he can get a decent tally and I think Swanson will feature more on the goal front next season. Add in Alston and Coulson and we could see a decent spread across the team