The I suppose we should have a Euros thread thread

Abernethy Saint

I think this competition has been a bit of a disaster so far. The footballs been very average the majority of the time and the constant problems are harming footballs reputation even further after recent scandals.

Even a positive like Icelands result with Portugal is soured a little by Ronaldo being unsporting afterwards.

Too many idiots spoiling the game for others.

Never really had a problem with Ronaldo, but his attitude is clearly that Portugal deserve more respect because it's his team, when fundamentally they (and him) have been absolutely honking.  No player is bigger than a team.  Same with England.  They'd be far far better without Rooney, but he's so 'important' they have to build a team around him.  Been really enjoying watching teams like Iceland, Austria and Hungary taking on these 'superstars' and making them look average.

Another day, another set of fans acting like idiots. It's crazy how supposedly a country can be on maximum level of security and yet fans can take flares in left, right and centre.

Good to see Iceland give a good account of themselves. Also good to see Ronaldo fall on his face- as terrific a footballer as he is, his sportsmanship is poor to say the least.

Been really trying to get into this tournament, but I'm just finding it incredibly tedious to watch. I've watched every World Cup and Euros since Italia 90 and can't remember a worse tournament than this. I think the teams and players are too familiar with each other these days, the styles are all too similar, and tactical overkill is starting to strangle entertainment level. I also reckon overkill of Champions League fixtures and TV coverage hasn't helped. There are just no surprises any more.

Also agree with the above comment that the reputation of football and football fans is being set back years by some of the stuff that's been going on. Just feels like there are so many idiots watching football these days. And seriously, what is the obsession with letting off flares? They're rubbish and contribute nothing.

I've found this tournament to be far more enjoyable than the WC 2010 which was dire apart from Chile, and no worse than 2012 - at least up until the last few days when it has tailed off a bit. Flares I can partially understand but don't condone, but bangers are pointless

In a city waiting with bated breath for the next terrorist bomb or shooting, flares and bangers are beyond stupid.

In a city waiting with bated breath for the next terrorist bomb or shooting, flares and bangers are beyond stupid.

Anybody walking around with trousers flapping in the wind with a pound of sausages in his hand should be locked up immediately.

Euros have been ok, though no amazing matches, or big scorelines etc. Maybe in the knock-out part but i think will be even more cagey.

The Copa America has alot of fun. Anyone been watching those games? Some random teams, and crazy scorelines and tackles too!

With the expanded format there's just too many games, sides can try and draw their way to the knockout stages with predictably dull results. The big teams' games have been disappointing so far. Iceland have been quite entertaining and Romania v Albania was surprisingly fun. Changed over from the France v Switzerland snoozefest.

Euros have been ok, though no amazing matches, or big scorelines etc. Maybe in the knock-out part but i think will be even more cagey.

The Copa America has alot of fun. Anyone been watching those games? Some random teams, and crazy scorelines and tackles too!

where can you watch the copa ? i see brazil got pumped out at the group stages

With the expanded format there's just too many games, sides can try and draw their way to the knockout stages with predictably dull results. The big teams' games have been disappointing so far. Iceland have been quite entertaining and Romania v Albania was surprisingly fun. Changed over from the France v Switzerland snoozefest.

the best thing about the France v Swiss game was the ball getting burst

I don't really get how Scotland are being shown up by what is happening in France.

We weren't good enough to qualify and that is when possibly you could say we were shown up but not now.

We were shown up in the fact that Wales,Nothern Ireland,England & Ireland were there & we were not.

I guess it doesn't show Scotland in a particularly good light when Republic of Ireland have looked pretty poor so far and yet they qualified ahead of Scotland fairly comfortably in the end.

I don't watch Scotland much these days, but I think it's been noticeable that even the poorer teams at a bloated, expanded Euros seem to have players who are significantly better than Scotland's. Look at the Albania and Iceland squads and they both have a good spread of players playing their club football at pretty impressive levels across Europe. Northern Ireland's squad is probably on a similar level to Scotland's on a player for player basis, but they've got something Scotland definitely don't, which is a really good manager.

I really can't see the situation improving for Scotland any time soon.