The I suppose we should have a Euros thread thread

Abernethy Saint

Cheers but I'm well aware of all that, hope it was fun to type out.
My point was more that these are bigger names and therefore make a competiton seem more exciting, rather than the current crop who aren't as exciting despite being clearly of fantastic calibre - linked into my point about being less impressionable as I get older, less willing to see players as icons or superstars as opposed to just lads who play footy.

Apologies if that wasn't clear but...well I'm not sure how it wasn't

It was more fun than getting excited about Frank Ribery playing football.

The current crop like Ronaldo, Ramos, Iniesta, Ozil, Muller, De Rossi, Buffon, Pogba etc aren't as exciting. If you had just said you weren't as excited for the tournament then fair enough but to say the current squads are "alright" and "aren't as exciting" is nonsense. 

Cheers but I'm well aware of all that, hope it was fun to type out.
My point was more that these are bigger names and therefore make a competiton seem more exciting, rather than the current crop who aren't as exciting despite being clearly of fantastic calibre - linked into my point about being less impressionable as I get older, less willing to see players as icons or superstars as opposed to just lads who play footy.

Apologies if that wasn't clear but...well I'm not sure how it wasn't

I agree with what you're saying but surely it's tournaments like the Euros and the World Cup that will turn these guys into bigger names and legends in their own right? Personally I know very little about any of the players in this year's tournament, other than the Home Nations players (probably because I never watch La Liga or Champions League), but I'm looking forward to discovering them.

Personally I still miss Baggio, Hagi and Stoichkov.

I've seen quite a few people mention wanting Wales and NI to do well but never republic.

Is that personal preference of have I just missed out on some kind of Tartan Army edict?

Personally I'd like ROI, NI, Wales, England to rank in that order for performance

My favourite thing about these tournaments is how the English press try to get the tournaments moved....

Brazil - Zikas.... WC Qatar - slave labour.....France 16 - Terrorism.

Cos they couldn't win the vote (ok, it was corrupt), they try to tell-tale and squirm their way to hosting something.

As for supporting England at any sport..... FUQ THAT SHEET - A.B.E x100

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ST JOHNSTONE  KITS ON SALE >>>>  https://bitly.com/stjohnstone-clearance
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by MySpazz

The England squad visited an orphanage this morning. "It's good to put a smile on the faces of people with no hope, struggling and facing the impossible. " said Pierre aged 5. 

Old, but still very good! So how many of you have the wall chart with the game stuck up somewhere? Thought I'd have little interest in this, but hey, it's June and there's footy on. Today I put £5 bets on Ingerlun going out in the QF, Remain getting at least 55%, and loose change on France to win 2 0 tonight with someone French called Oliver scoring first. 

Old, but still very good! So how many of you have the wall chart with the game stuck up somewhere? Thought I'd have little interest in this, but hey, it's June and there's footy on. Today I put £5 bets on Ingerlun going out in the QF, Remain getting at least 55%, and loose change on France to win 2 0 tonight with someone French called Oliver scoring first. 

For what it's worth, I reckon England will do quite well, possibly out in the semi's.  I've stuck a tenner on Belgium at 11/1 as an outsider and a tenner on France and Germany at 3/1 and 4/1 respectively. Looking forward to this tournament to begin, soon be beer o'clock.  

Think the citizens of Marseille will be glad when the Englabd game is over, judging by the videos coming from the city this evenng.

Aye, the polis were at dover issuing banning orders on fans trying to get to France......... which is kinda funny cos there were rapists and murders just wandering in the other way!

Go on Jiangsu Sainty all us all raciiiiiallllists (in an Ali G voice)! :)