New website

Bev Callard

Was that what we paid? Holy Nick...

Don't see a problem with that. If it's been rewritten in another code, it takes a lot. Sure, there will be niggly errors, but will be sorted. I like the fact that it appears upgradeable. Saints can recoup investment by increased sales merchandise & streaming etc) over the medium term. Good on the club. Hell, I was quoted the same fee for a 5 minute demo video of our software solution. 

It ain't cheap. Content is critical. I have faith it'll be good.

I've been a critic of the old website for some time and I have to say that the new site is a vast improvement.

It's pretty basic and the icons are very Fisher Price, but I don't see that as a bad thing; the old site was cluttered to the point of being inaccessible. Now they just need to work on functionality and the jobs a good'un.

Top marks to Saints for sorting it out.

Good to see a new version of the website. 

If it was my company I'd not have settled for this website as it is  a bit "Alan Storrar" in design. 

The website is in fact not much more than a "reskin" with some responsive CSS.

How long til the first email promoting high teas!

Need content for me to visit the site more often.  Not a regular visitor to the site as it didn't have anything new or interesting to read/ view.

More interviews, snippets from training, competitions, saints lotto online, saints TV,  highlights from previous games with Saints bias, show the 50/50 draw numbers, links to any Saints related news in the press...  I might start to visit it more often.

Good first impression, work in progress. 

Good to see a new version of the website. 

If it was my company I'd not have settled for this website as it is  a bit "Alan Storrar" in design. 

The website is in fact not much more than a "reskin" with some responsive CSS.

How long til the first email promoting high teas!

Eh? Haha

Eh? Haha

I think the new site is pretty poor as "new" sites go (and 3 years in the making!).

It's as bog standard as they come.....the only grace being that the old one was SO shit that this one gets a positive review from folk cos it's an improvement by comparison.

Edited by MySpazz

I've only just had a proper look at the new site, which I guess says a lot about how little I've come to rely on it for Saints stuff. It certainly looks much nicer, but still doesn't really do the things I'd expect from a Premier League level football club's official website. How do I buy a replica shirt*, and how do I buy a ticket for a match, and how do I register as a Saints fan so that I can benefit from special offers and make it easier to get into high demand matches? I can't do any of those things, it would seem.

*Incidentally, I know you can actually buy kit from the TTL site, but the 'Shop' section appears to make no mention of that, and I can't see any other link to it on the site. And has anyone actually had a look at the way TTL are presenting Saints merchandise these days? Bloody hell. Lazy. Get rid of them.

The fixture list comes up a bit odd when I use the new site on my phone.

There are other out of date things....

Move the twitter buttons and make sure the NEXT MATCH and countdown are top right of the page.

they miss all their main sales points. 

saints tv is about the only "transactional" thing on it which is new and improved.

blueheaven makes a couple of good points above

long story short, saints are piss poor at selling, they can get a free van from a local taxi company (why does a limited company get given a van??? is it a sponsorship deal?).....never understood this idea of donations to a private company! It's a business....much loved club, but a business none the less.

Guest ScottMann

When I clicked the link on Twitter I got the message 'St Johnstone FC is taking too long to respond.' I was impressed that even a global American multinational company like Twitter had sussed Saints out.