Any body going to Elgin

saintbear

TOPOV, topov...... the league. Were Gregg Twine and Roy McEwan present ? Or did they stay in The Monkey and Turtle. Good pub btw. 

Spoke to Roy never saw Greig but he could well have been there. 

Interestingly only 2 cops in the ground good to see the fans of both teams side by side. 

Great support up considering the lack of buses and rail disruptions. 

Great game, some slick passing from both teams and some well taken goals. 

Midge had 4.......Yes 4 shots at goal

GC missed a few chances with the keeper making a few saves too. 

A few misplaced passes but it's still early doors. Very happy with the overall performance though. Very strong attacking bench. 

I'm satisfied with yesterday's performance. After our performances against Glentoran and Livingston, I was expecting us to be far less pleasing on the eye than we were. I shouldn't doubt this team. A professional and slick display which hopefully bodes well for future competitive matches. Aside from the well-taken Elgin goal and the fifteen minutes after that, we looked in total control. Having said that, I was impressed with Elgin and I'm sure they will take some points from other teams in Group B.

In my opinion, Danny Swanson was head and shoulders above the rest. A brilliant effort. He looked absolutely knackered from the tenth minute onwards, but he showed remarkable energy when he received the ball (and his off-the-ball movement was also excellent at times). A very promising debut from Blair Alston. Keith Watson was good as well. Paul Paton could quite well prove himself to be a worthwhile alternative option.

A great day out. I liked the stadium very much. You get a great view of the action from the seated stand. It's remarkably close to the pitch. 

Falkirk should be an interesting test at this early stage of the season. I'm confident.

As exciting as a performance against that level of opposition can be. It's hard to gauge just how well we played, both as a team and individually, but Alston and Watson worked really well together down the right. Alston especially had a top debut. Thought Liam and Midge worked well together and Liam's delivery, while helped by the fact their (very impressive) keeper struggled with cross balls, was very dangerous. Highlights absolve Clark of any blame, the angle I watched it from it looked like it had went straight in, but was a good header in retrospective. Danny Swanson man of the match, first half especially he made it look men against boys.

Great first match of the season, 3-1 going on 6 or 7. 

Nice social club in the ground too. 

There is a great write up in today's P&J about Elgin City's Perth born St Johnstone supporting keeper Stewart Black who had a great game on Saturday.

A not so great write-up in the Daily Ranger about Danny Swanson scoring on his debut for Saints after we snapped him up from Hearts in the summer.....

Guest ScottMann

A not so great write-up in the Daily Ranger about Danny Swanson scoring on his debut for Saints after we snapped him up from Hearts in the summer.....

That's even more astounding given him scoring that cracker for us to beat their second favourite team at Parkhead.

On another note, I was led to believe that there's a pretty strong relationship between St. Johnstone and the Cairngorm Hotel in Aviemore. The Barossa bus has stopped off there on numerous occasions in the past. The hotel is even advertised at McDiarmid Park. So I was quite disappointed with the manner in which Saints supporters were 'welcomed' to the Cairngorm Hotel on Saturday afternoon. 

We were initially told that they wouldn't let us in because we were wearing 'football colours'. Then the gentleman, who I assume is in a position of authority there, kindly (and somewhat unwillingly) agreed to let us in if we promised not to ''start any hassle.'' 

Quite an eye-opener really. It's a bit of a shame. I'd actually enjoyed my previous visits.

Edited by The Real Saints

On another note, I was led to believe that there's a pretty strong relationship between St. Johnstone and the Cairngorm Hotel in Aviemore. The Barossa bus has stopped off there on numerous occasions in the past. The hotel is even advertised at McDiarmid Park. So I was quite disappointed with the manner in which Saints supporters were 'welcomed' to the Cairngorm Hotel on Saturday afternoon. 

We were initially told that they wouldn't let us in because we were wearing 'football colours'. Then the gentleman, who I assume is in a position of authority there, kindly (and somewhat unwillingly) agreed to let us in if we promised not to ''start any hassle.'' 

Quite an eye-opener really. It's a bit of a shame. I'd actually enjoyed my previous visits.

Should have hidden your chib better. Especially with your rep.

Exactly the same thing happened to us. Strange they won't allow football colours when there's football memorabilia and Saints stuff all over the walls. 

He grudgingly let us stay when we commented about going elsewhere in Aviemore for lunch. Probably the last time I visit there, there's plenty more decent places in Aviemore who will make you feel more welcome. 

Exactly the same thing happened to us. Strange they won't allow football colours when there's football memorabilia and Saints stuff all over the walls. 

He grudgingly let us stay when we commented about going elsewhere in Aviemore for lunch. Probably the last time I visit there, there's plenty more decent places in Aviemore who will make you feel more welcome. 

Another firm that DON'T LIKE MONEY!