Is Scottish Football truly incompetent?

Gussie

"Hearts' Scottish League Cup semi-final against Celtic has been moved to Murrayfield in Edinburgh and will kick-off at 13:30 GMT on Sunday, 28 October. Aberdeen v Rangers will take place on the same day at Hampden at 16:30. ... "It just feels as if it's assumed that Celtic and Hearts should go to Murrayfield".

Apparently Celtic are not best pleased as there was no consultation - they were simply informed that their match had been moved. Assume that the other match is kicking off later, (sensible) to allow Aberdeen fans to get there in time for K.O.

5 hours ago, 541ntees said:

im one to give managers a chance but id sack McLeish now while we still have a good chance of qualifying , id rather we played 1quality lb in his correct position than 2 quality lb's out of positioin. 

Hearing him "analyse" games is an utter embarrassment to the point of feeling really sorry for him. Completely out of his depth i'm afraid. Poor guy, but poor Scotland. The SFA will stick with him. What an utter mess. Sacking Strachan was total stupidity. 

20 hours ago, Indicator said:

"Hearts' Scottish League Cup semi-final against Celtic has been moved to Murrayfield in Edinburgh and will kick-off at 13:30 GMT on Sunday, 28 October. Aberdeen v Rangers will take place on the same day at Hampden at 16:30. ... "It just feels as if it's assumed that Celtic and Hearts should go to Murrayfield".

Apparently Celtic are not best pleased as there was no consultation - they were simply informed that their match had been moved. Assume that the other match is kicking off later, (sensible) to allow Aberdeen fans to get there in time for K.O.

Thanks for that Indicator, Common Sense at last

19 hours ago, 541ntees said:

im one to give managers a chance but id sack McLeish now while we still have a good chance of qualifying , id rather we played 1quality lb in his correct position than 2 quality lb's out of positioin. 

Agree 100 % why he was given the job in the first place feck knows wae his history.

1 hour ago, Abernethy Saint said:

And will cost a fortune to get rid of. Stuck with him. Astonishingly we are still top of the group, and a win and a draw will probably see us through, though the Portugal game could be a real embarrassment.

Thing is we won't learn anything in that game about formations or players as we will get gubbed 6-0.

On 10/12/2018 at 5:52 PM, Havana Saint said:

Hearing him "analyse" games is an utter embarrassment to the point of feeling really sorry for him. Completely out of his depth i'm afraid. Poor guy, but poor Scotland. The SFA will stick with him. What an utter mess. Sacking Strachan was total stupidity. 

he said Mckenna was waiting to come on for Souttar as he was carrying a knock when he got sent off but Mckenna had already came on for big time Charlie at half time

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Cagey said:

And giving Sky a monopoly. Yeah some feckin deal Duncaster.

To be honest, as a potential customer of these channels I'd much prefer to have it all on one platform and only have to subscribe to one service, rather than two. So it's arguably better for the fans.

Still, if I had the choice I'd probably prefer BT Sport had kept it, as their Scottish football coverage has been a bit better than Sky's from what I've seen.

I take it the matches shown on Premier Sports will be pay-per-view?

im not sure if its a good deal money wise but if its a big increase im not sure what the problem is? we slag doncaster for years for not getting enough money now it seems hes got one and we re still on his back. as blueheaven says you only need to pay for 1 subscription now too. i dont subscribe to any im old fashioned , go to the saints game then watch the highlights on sportscene so the only way it affects me is more money for my club so im happy

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

To be honest, as a potential customer of these channels I'd much prefer to have it all on one platform and only have to subscribe to one service, rather than two. So it's arguably better for the fans.

Still, if I had the choice I'd probably prefer BT Sport had kept it, as their Scottish football coverage has been a bit better than Sky's from what I've seen.

I take it the matches shown on Premier Sports will be pay-per-view?

Premier Sports is subscription. 

3 hours ago, 541ntees said:

im not sure if its a good deal money wise but if its a big increase im not sure what the problem is? we slag doncaster for years for not getting enough money now it seems hes got one and we re still on his back. as blueheaven says you only need to pay for 1 subscription now too. i dont subscribe to any im old fashioned , go to the saints game then watch the highlights on sportscene so the only way it affects me is more money for my club so im happy

It is not a big increase. Satanta paid about £40m less ten years ago - pennies when you compare that with the rise English football has seen.

10 hours ago, garydavidson said:

It is not a big increase. Satanta paid about £40m less ten years ago - pennies when you compare that with the rise English football has seen.

What is the increase? there was silly money getting thrown around then, even we were paying for players. we cant keep comparing our league with "the best league" in the world

the ticket coillections were a farce last night!. a a portakabin with 4 windows for a-m a portakabin with 4 widows for n-z. i arrived 30mins before kick-off . it doesnt take a genius to realise that the n-z line was empty and in scotland the a-m line was backed up towards the train st. luckily i only missed 10mins and the 1st Israel goal but there were still folk coming in near half time . think the crowd was only 21.000

how they gonna handle a sell-out crowd? 

• 2 months later...