Is Scottish Football truly incompetent?

Gussie

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Another painfull 90 mins watching a team devoid of ideas & finesse. Sideways or backward passes.

Don't like McLeish & his coaches but they have nothing to choose from.

Precisely, nothing. A top striker can't make it cos he's "managing" an injury. Jeezo, that's a new one. And our captain can't play cos "Please miss, he's got the dentist" . I know the coaching staff should be hounded for accepting these excuses, but some of these players need to take a look at themselves 

16 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

Think its time to get rid o mcliesh his backroom staff, all the overpaid prima donnas and Promote Scot Gemmel and his boys, we might take a few hammerings, but at least they play for each other.

Fair point.  McLeish should certainly get his cards.  We have 8 games left in this Group and there is no way we are going to improve on the play off place we already have in the bank.  An excellent chance for a new management team to bed itself in without the need to organise the usual meaningless friendlies.

Playing as individuals. No team spirit. Must be tough to play for a manager who doesn't fill you with any confidence.  The players leave their clubs coaching and management to a sub standard national set up.  The coaches and McLeish are not forming any unity and its clear to see.  Get them out now and get a new gaffer in to build for the next qualifications.  This campaign is dead.  The football on show is bowfin!  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I see the latest brainwave from those who run (?) Scottish Football is to turn the Championship into a 12 team league.  At first I thought not a bad idea, but then I saw that one favoured option to achieve this was to add 2 colts teams!  I wonder which 2 clubs would supply the colts?  Anybody like to hazard a guess?

Me? Paranoid!

Assuming that the plan will be implemented it's fairly clear that there have been discussions taking place for some time concerning an initiative that would help sevco resolve some of its financial problems thus avoiding an administration event. I mean they do seem to keep throwing money into the furnace. I believe it is no coincidence that the Ibrox club was the first to resign from the reserve league.

The thinking being, look, we need to keep stripping the other 10 clubs in the league of their best assets to ensure that we can at least get to 2nd place each season. At the same time the reserve players bench on matchdays is only so long and we cannae fit all the newly acquired assets in so... hows about we ensure that the players that can't get in the squad on a matchday at least get regular competitive games in the Championship. This would also help with further loans from south of the border as we can promise that their players remain match fit.

Of course the fans over the other side would never wear it if it was only sevco so... to keep the numbers even we'll have to include the other half of the divide in the equation. Look at the way the championship attendances would increase due to picqued interest in games against the OF even if they are their reserves.

More money for the OF which will ensure the financial gap gets wider. What's not to like unless, of course, you happen to support one of the other 40 clubs in the SF leagues. What happens when OF colt teams assume positions 1 and 2 in the championship as they do in the premiership. How long would fans keep turning up to support what would be nothing less than a 'fix' for the benefit of the OF.

I think the idea is the colts would join the bottom league, to start. The two extra championship sides would initially come from messing with promotion/relegation to/from Div 1 for a year. If we follow the same approach as other countries, colts would be allowed to progress only to the league below the first team. So in 2 or 3 years they could be in the championship. Not actually convinced they would - colts teams have done pretty shit in the diddy cup the last couple of years. 

Its an attractive idea to an extent, if only for lols. But on balance, they really should promote non-league teams. 

Edited by Abernethy Saint

29 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

I think the idea is the colts would join the bottom league, to start. The two extra championship sides would initially come from messing with promotion/relegation to/from Div 1 for a year. If we follow the same approach as other countries, colts would be allowed to progress only to the league below the first team. So in 2 or 3 years they could be in the championship. Not actually convinced they would - colts teams have done pretty shit in the diddy cup the last couple of years. 

Its an attractive idea to an extent, if only for lols. But on balance, they really should promote non-league teams. 

Should be confined to stay in 2nd divisions

The problem will it stay at colt teams ?. What is colt teams. Under 20 ,under 18 or either with 3 overage players.

Media & TV would love 8 OF games a season.

We all know it will happen . Scottish football is Rangers & Celtic. Most of the players & referees support one or the other, not to mention Dungcaster & his chums.

On 5/7/2019 at 3:33 PM, Abernethy Saint said:

As reported in another thread , according to Beeb it's the Championship they want to compete in.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Cagey said:

I see Craig Thompson is retiring from refereeing. If only Dallas & Collum would join him.

How many dodgy pens has Thompson given against us ,especially to  Celtic.

Be fair, he was OK at the Cup Final.  In particular he did not fall for the United keeper's dying swan impersonations at both goals.

On 5/23/2019 at 4:39 PM, Cagey said:

I see Craig Thompson is retiring from refereeing. If only Dallas & Collum would join him.

How many dodgy pens has Thompson given against us ,especially to  Celtic.

Craig Thompson on the whole was probably the best referee in Scotland ( not a great endorsement, I know) over the last ten years, and has been mentioned reffed our cup final very well. Willie Collum has the potential to be either very good or very bad you just never know which Willie is going to turn up, personally I would be reasonably happy for him to be about for a few more years yet. But the sooner Dallas gets to feck out of Scottish football the better he is an absolute balloon of a man and a feckin hopeless referee.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

SFA now reconvening the Keating tribunal as one delegate said he didn't consider the evidence.

You couldn't make it up. Is this the only way they could get themselves out of the balls-up . Everyone in the world could see it wasn't a dive. Couldn't believe the ref booked him for a dive,even at normally speed.

Anyway I thought you couldn't refund a yellow card which it was.

Edited by Cagey