BBC Website incompetence continues

George Grieve

They were on the BBC site at one point, but whoever updated some of them didn't seem to understand the two point rule. In some games, and for a time on    BBC radio, the penalty scores were given as the game scores. Finally, an hour or so before the league cup games kicked off, the BBC main UK sports guy cheerfully announced "there was no football in sight yet for a while". Braw, isn't it? It's got much to do with BBC Bias underfunding it's national and regional set-up, along with the usual assumption that the UK = England. A solution remains available.

They were on the BBC site at one point, but whoever updated some of them didn't seem to understand the two point rule. In some games, and for a time on    BBC radio, the penalty scores were given as the game scores. Finally, an hour or so before the league cup games kicked off, the BBC main UK sports guy cheerfully announced "there was no football in sight yet for a while". Braw, isn't it? It's got much to do with BBC Bias underfunding it's national and regional set-up, along with the usual assumption that the UK = England. A solution remains available.

Yep. Noticed at the time the tables were a bit awry.

sportsound was on radio scotlands 3 stations - good variety of matches to choose ? wrong all 3 had the rangers game on, not even open all mics

Aye, and since your post we've had the SFA's club on telly Friday, and due again tomorrow (Monday).

Wall to wall.... but did anybody expect any different.

Aye, and since your post we've had the SFA's club on telly Friday, and due again tomorrow (Monday).

Wall to wall.... but did anybody expect any different.

Also, the great Joey Barton cannot play on artificial surfaces.  Await campaign to have Killie and Hamilton expelled from the premier league immediately especially if either dares to take so much as a draw from The The.  To hell with the fact that other teams have coped for years.

Why is there a picture of a friendly match between Burnley and the team previously known as Rangers in the article about yesterday's games in the League Cup?

Burnley won by the way so maybe the supposed giants are not so great after all, a reasonably good second half against Motherwell  a win against East of Scotland League East Stirling and wins against lower league opponents do not make them contenders for Premiership.

Bring them on in the draw this afternoon!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

From the BBC report on Rangers - Killie:

"As Rangers pressed hard and their supporters periodically screamed what is euphemistically called their 'songbook' - 'The Billy Boys' and more were trotted out - Killie had to dig deep."

I think it's disgraceful that they should report this and not record that this song is deeply offensive and incites violence. The way it reads, this sounds as though the Rangers support were simply getting behind their team, rather than the truth, wallowing in sectarian bile.

From the BBC report on Rangers - Killie:

"As Rangers pressed hard and their supporters periodically screamed what is euphemistically called their 'songbook' - 'The Billy Boys' and more were trotted out - Killie had to dig deep."

I think it's disgraceful that they should report this and not record that this song is deeply offensive and incites violence. The way it reads, this sounds as though the Rangers support were simply getting behind their team, rather than the truth, wallowing in sectarian bile.

The BBC cannae win in some folks eyes.  There's been plenty of occasions when people have been pissed off with them (and other media outlets) for not mentioning these songs in their reports, yet when they do they still get criticized.  I think it's fairly obvious by the tone of that sentence that they're condemning the "songbook".

The BBC cannae win in some folks eyes.  There's been plenty of occasions when people have been pissed off with them (and other media outlets) for not mentioning these songs in their reports, yet when they do they still get criticized.  I think it's fairly obvious by the tone of that sentence that they're condemning the "songbook".

yes, but what it doesn't say is that the song is illegal. It needed to make that point explicitly, not just rely on the tone.

It is not just confined to the BBC I have just seen the Sky's cringe worthy advert for SPFL coverage this season, they are advertising 4 old firm derbies I would be willing to bet there will only be 3 (can they then be charged with false advertising)

Don't know how they will manage with a 2 team league as that's all Sky are interested in.

It is not just confined to the BBC I have just seen the Sky's cringe worthy advert for SPFL coverage this season, they are advertising 4 old firm derbies I would be willing to bet there will only be 3 (can they then be charged with false advertising)

I would not bet against you on a level playing field but remember there are still two cup draws for our beloved football authorities to manipulate.

• 3 weeks later...