Saints v Aberdeen Sun 7th Aug. K-O 12.15pm

It's a point that's the only positive! I'm more than a bit concerned that so much has been made of our new signings and yet of the four signings one was anonymous again, one is injured for several weeks, one did not feature and one came on for last few minutes and hardly touched the ball. We effectively played with last seasons squad! 

It's a point that's the only positive! I'm more than a bit concerned that so much has been made of our new signings and yet of the four signings one was anonymous again, one is injured for several weeks, one did not feature and one came on for last few minutes and hardly touched the ball. We effectively played with last seasons squad! 

Which barring a really bad run mid-season would have been contenders for a top 3 position.  We've strengthened an excellent squad with depth.

I actually quite enjoyed the game

Back four played well, especially Ando and Scobbie, who YET AGAIN showed he's a versatile player we can rely on

Swanston is great to watch, and his touch and awareness are sublime. 

Alston was disappointing. Didn't do anything wrong, just never got into the game. 

Cummins for me showed he is not a natural finisher and had a pretty horrible game all round. He will have his good days, but also too many others like today to be considered as a first choice striker. Throw in Macca's often delicate injury situation and the fact he can't play on astro, and Kane's rawness and it screams out for us needing another option up front. Not seen enough of Coulson to know whether he will pitch in will goals should they dry up elsewhere and he is possibly more a wide midfielder anyway

Luam put the ball in the air too often today

It was a good time to play Aberdeen I reckon. They will get sharper and have the potential to be a really good side again this season.

A decent point to get us on the board. Not the greatest performance from either side but both could have won it, though possibly neither deserved to lose it. Both keeper did well with some crucial save. Mannus justified his selection and the Saints back 4 looked fairly solid. Thought Liam Craig and Cummins were very poor. Muzz and wee Danny were excellent. As for the ref. Nae surprises there. He was poor for both sides.. Happy enough though 2016/17 is up and running. MTS

Agree with that. Coulston looked a bit heavy & after being on for 5mins couldn't outpace a centre half that had been on for 90 mins.

Having said that I am sure that over the season they will all have valuable contributions to make.

90 minutes into the season and the early contenders for the "Annual WAP Scapegoat" is up and running. Alston and Cummins look like the early leaders, with Liam Craig closing in on them fast, Coulson a surprise early nominee despite only playing for three minutes.

Exciting stuff.

90 minutes into the season and the early contenders for the "Annual WAP Scapegoat" is up and running. Alston and Cummins look like the early leaders, with Liam Craig closing in on them fast, Coulson a surprise early nominee despite only playing for three minutes.

Exciting stuff.

To be fair RG, Cummins HAS been pish thus far and was hardly brilliant last season either. Liam is marmite with our fans. I like him but today he WAS gash. Coulson and Alston need time to bed in before anybody can make a rational judgement of their quality or lack of...

To be fair RG, Cummins HAS been pish thus far and was hardly brilliant last season either. .

Cummins has not been "pish" this season, and was one of our best performers last season. He was directly involved in 18 goals last season, and 3 assists and 1 goal already this season. He almost scored an absolute screamer against Brechin too.

Hes not a goalscorer, but he'll score more than MacLean or Kane this season.

Cummins has not been "pish" this season, and was one of our best performers last season. He was directly involved in 18 goals last season, and 3 assists and 1 goal already this season. He almost scored an absolute screamer against Brechin too.

Hes not a goalscorer, but he'll score more than MacLean or Kane this season.

Almost scored??  Christ he almost scored 2 today, except, like Brechin, he actually didnae score..  Sorry RG but I'm no having it.. He's caught offside so often it's no real. For me his only good point is he wins headers but even then, the rarely go to a saints player..  We will have to agree to disagree on this one I am afraid.  ;-)

Almost scored??  Christ he almost scored 2 today, except, like Brechin, he actually didnae score..  Sorry RG but I'm no having it.. He's caught offside so often it's no real. For me his only good point is he wins headers but even then, the rarely go to a saints player..  We will have to agree to disagree on this one I am afraid.  ;-)

Yes, we'll agree to disagree.

If this is the summing up of the Saints performance, it would be interesting to hear what the Dons fans thought of their performance.

McInness appears to have had a game plan of hoofing the ball from back to front and thankfully Ando and Scoberasi were  up to the task.

A point away from home is a point gained.

Ah well, we will just have to pump them on their own midden.

I have a feeling that Alston may disappear in some games and be brilliant in others.  I think he has a lot more than he showed today anyway.

Yes, discussion after the game was of the opinion that he never seemed to be on the pitch for the whole game last season.

No doubt Statos will prove this wrong.

Back four was immense, Ando mom.

Swanson always looking to create something, Muzz okay, Liam not at his best, and I'm sure Alston won't play that badly again, he obviously prefers to come infield more than wide, but left big gaps down that right wing..

Macca was Macca, Cummings was pretty awful. Bad luck with his first chance but second looked a sitter from my angle. Kane looked far hungrier and capable when he came on. Spoony was fine. Coulson?? I've got a horrible feeling of another Adam Morgan I'm afraid.

Oh, and Mannus had a great game.

Liam played gash today we should of kept lappin instead,back four and muzz battled well Cummins had a shocker,we played alot better when spoony and Kane came on put them on the back foot Coulson has looked ok when he is played in his correct position winger not striker Paton muzz for me in the middle when midge not available Kane hopefully gets a run in the team with macca