Calling ALL overseas Saintees

AthensSaint

So far we have:

1. Some form of membership (with match entitlement/benefits - not just 10% off the shop type poor effort)

2. PPV for Overseas subscribers, per match or season

3. Giant Flag (UN) to rep for all Exiles' - one time donation.

4. Athens, The Doc and Ghostie to be given a seat on the board - fan reps :)

So... We should get moving on this... Saints could put out a call on OS to get everyone's locations.

So... We should get moving on this... Saints could put out a call on OS to get everyone's locations.

Bev, the new SLO is working with Athens Saint on it, so we are just putting our ideas down in this thread. They'll no doubt pick them up from here. The club pretty much know where people are (previous ticket sales).

I do like the idea of PPV, but I wouldn't be able to commit to a season, I'd want to pay per game, as I couldn't be sure that I'd be in front of a TV for every game. While I'd be prepared to pay a 'premium' for the option of being able to pick my games, the problem for me is my expectations regarding the quality of the coverage. I dare say that all games currently are being videoed, but they aren't being covered by multiple cameras, with replays, different angles etc. It might be easy to stream the footage, but keen as I am to watch live games, I know I would get frustrated with a very basic single camera coverage. At the moment, I look forward to games covered on BT sport, and it's a real treat to see a game live and that's the kind of coverage I would want. I might pay a couple of pounds for a very basic stream, but I can't imagine that there will be sufficient volume to make it cost effective. 

Id love to see this work, but I am trying to be honest about what I would pay for. I do want to give money to the club, but I do want something in return.

I did pay Aberdeen and Hearts in the past...(And i still could )  

Also i can watch every game here against the you know who, as they show most of there games live,and if they don,t then there are local establishments the ugly sisters frequent that stream all there games so i could see saints free there.

I don,t think i would watch every saints game as unfortunately they show 3 or 4 live BPL games on TSN and Sporstnet at 3pm on a Sat (8 am here) and sometimes its nice to watch Man U V Everton and listen to open all mikes and also have the lap top on live text.

Maybe thats just me but i doubt there would be more that 20/30 who would pay to see every saints game when the old firm games are on anyway...?    

Take into account that the ugly sisters don't always have a live stream from McD, so there'd be a fair few of them willing to pay. If Aberdeen, Hearts, United can do it...."how no" us.

One camera, basic replays (the software and web applications are all there - Ross the media guy will know what's what).

That said, the new website is 4 years over-due!

Did hear that McD has a new sound system, so the infrastructure project is going well. New shop enaw!

There should be a Saints TV channel, where you pay a monthly fee to receive all the highlights, pre and post match interviews and maybe a youth team focus every week or month. You can then pay an additional fee to watch games live on it from abroad, or a full re-run of the match after the game in the UK. Some things could still be shown free on Facebook/Twitter to provoke an interest in the "Saints TV" package.

Dundee have that sort of system, its £5 per month or £50 for the year, with every match a further £5 in the UK, although broadcasting rights mean you can't put the games out live from within this country but the full 90 minutes can be shown, I think, an hour after the game. And £12 a month or £120 for the year, with £5 a match for those outwith the UK, and these people can watch games live.

Is that a sort of thing people would go for?

Is that a sort of thing people would go for?

Nice post Random. Lots of English League Two teams have that sort of offer.

Not so interested in listing to the interviews (footballers talking about football.... zzzz!)

But live games, re-runs, highlights: Yes!

Nice post Random. Lots of English League Two teams have that sort of offer.

Not so interested in listing to the interviews (footballers talking about football.... zzzz!)

But live games, re-runs, highlights: Yes!

I like the interviews with TW around the matches, but the players generally just go down the generic route. What would be nice would be a monthly interview with Alastair Stevenson about the youth teams, and also with one of the younger players. We do this sporadically at the moment which is nice, but sad folk like me would enjoy finding out more about the potential future stars.

Again I'm looking at Dundee, but they also show a classic game every so often.

another fantastic idea. 

For me PPV is just about the live games rather than filler content and packages of film (interviews, features etc).

Sure, if they are filming them, put the main interview behind a paywall and use one answer videos for fakefooks.com and twitter etc.

FLI - the company that do all the English league has that sort of system.

Streaming live matches and charging for it is easy. Likewise, being able to offer a live audio feed - can't be hard either. Whatever the rules, i am quite sure that the SPFL want clubs to make money.....or maybe they are another org. that doesn't like money!

This entire thread is about saints fans saying: "we want more" "we have money" ....give us what we want! 

I am not interested in clubs, ladies day, invite only events, secret seven etc.... 

Dundee also go into administration every so often, so I'm not convinced they're the model our club should be looking at. Don't get me wrong, all of these suggested ideas sound great, but I'm far from convinced they would be profitable for Saints. Would be very interesting to know if Dundee actually make any money out of it, and also whether they actually have the time and expertise required to do it well.

Could Saints not work something out with the college? I know they have media studies and the like there so maybe this could be a win-win for both Saints and the college. Saints could have their games filmed by young folks eager to learn and gain experience, and then uploaded somewhere for people to log in and watch. I doubt this would cost Saints much, if anything, as the equipment and the people using it will all be provided by the college. I can´t think of many college´s offering their students the chance to film professional sporting events on a regular basis...

Could Saints not work something out with the college? I know they have media studies and the like there so maybe this could be a win-win for both Saints and the college. Saints could have their games filmed by young folks eager to learn and gain experience, and then uploaded somewhere for people to log in and watch. I doubt this would cost Saints much, if anything, as the equipment and the people using it will all be provided by the college. I can´t think of many college´s offering their students the chance to film professional sporting events on a regular basis...

Pretty sure they done this for a short time back in the First Division days.

Hi all, Ross at the club has asked me to relay the following:

We're looking to hear from Saints supporters living abroad, with their stories of supporting Saints, where they live now and if they manage to get home for games sometimes, etc. It would hopefully be the foundations to building up a network between supporters around the world who would be able to find fellow Saints supporters close to where they are and engage with each other through supporters clubs etc. It would also be good for the club to know just how many supporters it has living outside the UK. If you have any information, stories or photos please send them along to ross@perthsaints.co.uk

Right then Pugwash and co....  go speak to your club...:wink:

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton