Calling ALL overseas Saintees

AthensSaint

That's what I said. Let's see. But I will never pay another club for PPV. Weather permitting, I'll happily give it all at dens on the 31st. But no way would I contribute to the coags coffers from afar... COYS

I don't get this logic. If everyone held this belief our away support would be zero. I just want to watch saints.

It has to be something straightforward, inexpensive and easy to administer, otherwise the club wouldn't maintain it and the exiles would drift away.

What about a membership scheme that buys season tickets. If an exile returns home they can use it; otherwise (ie most weeks) they can be distributed by a charitable organisation to underprivileged groups.

Its no a bad idea. Put me down for a pony.

Sorry mate, don't get your argument. Yes matches are filmed, for later editing & distribution. Now I confess I don't know the intricacies, but I'd imagine cameras would have to be high spec for live streaming and other associated "stuff".

But the main point I disagree with is the notion that away fans would pay a home team to watch a game. 

I wouldn't pay a cent to Celtic/Aberdeen or whomever to watch saints on their stream. I'd feel I was giving money to their club, not saints. 

Its different going to a game. Paying at another ground. You feel your physical presence may, even if misguided, lift the team. Your money paid to another club may help the team get a result. And there's the banter, commaraderie etc. And it can lift a team.  That's how we justify it.

Online streaming does not, and never will.

So I wouldn't get your hopes up about away fans subsidising a streaming service for 30-40 saints exiles.

thats the difference. 

And id imagine exiles from other clubs would feel exactly the same. "I'm not giving money to them, when I could give it to my club". I agree.

exiles should sponsor a development squad. That makes sense.

im not an exile but if i was and saints were away to aberdeen or any other club and i could pay them a tenner to watch it online i wouldnt hesitate. id suggest theyd b a decent sized away support willing to pay saints too . i have no idea of the costs tho so wether theyd get enough to cover the costs id be guessing

Some excellent ideas already. Exiles, remember that today's game is live on BT Sports channel 1. Hopefully this thread will continue with more posters from abroad giving their own opinion on what we should put forward to the club via Bev/SLO. My idea is a membership card that gives us similar rewards to those given to  season ticket holders. So we would have priority to games like Hibs at Tynecastle last season. I personally would be willing to pay between fifty and one hundred pounds dependant on what we were entitled to. Player or youth sponsorship should be a must. Lounge invite around  a festive season game for Exiles would be great. I had great fun when a handful of us met up in !London for a televised game. Then of course Times Square on 17/05/2014 was a blast. I'm hoping we can build on this and be affiliated with the club at the same time.

I defo like the idea of tangibly being closer to the club in some way and would be willing to pay a yearly exiles fee of some sort for some kind of benefit. Live streaming  channel and a piss up at Xmas time when many are back in Perth sounds amasing tbh. 

Also another idea could be that an exile could pay money towards a standard st Johnstone flag and have their "new home town" written on it and placed in the north or Ormond stands on low attendance games. It takes up space and would make the exile very proud...well it would make me proud to know I'm sort of at the game! For example mine would be the st Johnstone flag with "essex" across it. This would make me very happy and I'd be willing to pay whatever it takes tbh. 

The club would put them out every home game. 

Edited by essexsaint

@essexsaint like the idea of paying a small amount to have our flat somewhere. There are enough London Saints these days to do a flag, which might tie in with the Fair City Unity ....i.e. have them infront of where they stand or Ormond or whatever.

Bit different, but whenever i am at Chelsea's ground I look around and there are flags hanging from all tiers of every stand....it looks like people have put them out on match day, when infact they are there all year to represent all the various supporter clubs.

I'd not be willing to pay a membership scheme unless there was something in return.  Exiles shouldn't really just be viewed as something to tap up. We are just not being serviced, or marketed too....not properlly. Even golf clubs do it, with their "country memebership". So with that model in football it might be an exiles season ticket (you need to be registered abroad e.g. outside scotland) that might be a 3...4 match ticket, plus premium for access to a Skype "meet the manager" twice a year or such.

Lots of creative ideas that don't cost too much.

Also, again, the streaming is not something that needs to cost too much. Use these guys https://solidtango.com 

At the minute all games are recorded. If 30-40 people watched each match (i am sure over the year that would equate) the revenue would pay for Ross's salary!

The could use Hospital radio dudes ....put a stream out of the audio...whatever. There is a media employee who is highly skilled, but from afar he seems underused or stifled.

Edited by MySpazz

@essexsaint like the idea of paying a small amount to have our flat somewhere. There are enough London Saints these days to do a flag, which might tie in with the Fair City Unity ....i.e. have them infront of where they stand or Ormond or whatever.

Bit different, but whenever i am at Chelsea's ground I look around and there are flags hanging from all tiers of every stand....it looks like people have put them out on match day, when infact they are there all year to represent all the various supporter clubs.

I'd not be willing to pay a membership scheme unless there was something in return.  Exiles shouldn't really just be viewed as something to tap up. We are just not being serviced, or marketed too....not properlly. Even golf clubs do it, with their "country memebership". So with that model in football it might be an exiles season ticket (you need to be registered abroad e.g. outside scotland) that might be a 3...4 match ticket, plus premium for access to a Skype "meet the manager" twice a year or such.

Lots of creative ideas that don't cost too much.

Also, again, the streaming is not something that needs to cost too much. Use these guys https://solidtango.s 

At the minute all games are recorded. If 30-40 people watched each match (i am sure over the year that would equate) the revenue would pay for Ross's salary!

The could use Hospital radio dudes ....put a stream out of the audio...whatever. There is a media employee who is highly skilled, but from afar he seems underused or stifled.

You on commission from Solid Tango yeah?! :laugh:

I defo like the idea of tangibly being closer to the club in some way and would be willing to pay a yearly exiles fee of some sort for some kind of benefit. Live streaming  channel and a piss up at Xmas time when many are back in Perth sounds amasing tbh. 

Also another idea could be that an exile could pay money towards a standard st Johnstone flag and have their "new home town" written on it and placed in the north or Ormond stands on low attendance games. It takes up space and would make the exile very proud...well it would make me proud to know I'm sort of at the game! For example mine would be the st Johnstone flag with "essex" across it. This would make me very happy and I'd be willing to pay whatever it takes tbh. 

The club would put them out every home game. 

Sorry mate, no offence, but Essex saints flag?  I just think of dumb blonde tarts. Which is fine Friday night with 15 pints in you. Surely put your town instead! We'll get slaughtered.... Anyway isn't there another Melbourne saint on this forum?

Sorry mate, no offence, but Essex saints flag?  I just think of dumb blonde tarts. Which is fine Friday night with 15 pints in you. Surely put your town instead! We'll get slaughtered.... Anyway isn't there another Melbourne saint on this forum?

Essex Saint, London Saints, Texas Saints, Canook Saints, Suomi Saints...........there are a few tribes out there already.

Essex Saint, London Saints, Texas Saints, Canook Saints, Suomi Saints...........there are a few tribes out there already.

Well surely we should all pay for a flag... Who would put them up? I doubt the club allow them permanently... Or do we each have someone responsible? My old man attends every game, but he's 84 and pretty buggered. So nominations please

What a bell end u r. Try to be a bit funnier next time and I may laugh. 

Doesn't matter what u put. It can be ur home town if u want or region. If u r willing pay for it u can put whatever town or region ur from.

i would expect the club to put them out. If the club wants to forge closer relationships then the can put the flags out like they use to in the Ormond. It adds to the overall look of the ground on match day. 

After the WAP EXILE sponsorship of the Ando testimonial match ball, next move was Stanley Saint's idea of our own EXILE flag. Leading idea at the time was the united nations flag but if possible in saints blue which is a fantastic idea. EXILE POTY was smoothly arranged two seasons ago with the help of Ghostie. Every time EXILES have gone out with ideas that required funding, it has been smooth and with no issues. The UN flag is an idea I would like to see re muted. We can add to the flag by sending badge from the country that we are exiled in that can be sown on. Whether we do this through the club with their help or we do it on our own as before ? Opinions please.

Edited by AthensSaint

Billy, stop winding up young EssexSaints ; ) I met him at the cup final and he is a true saintee. He is half your age and twice as good looking as you even when you were at your best fighting weight ; )

Edited by AthensSaint

So far we have:

1. Some form of membership (with match entitlement/benefits - not just 10% off the shop type poor effort)

2. PPV for Overseas subscribers, per match or season

3. Giant Flag (UN) to rep for all Exiles' - one time donation.

4. Athens, The Doc and Ghostie to be given a seat on the board - fan reps :)

Billy, stop winding up young EssexSaints ; ) I met him at the cup final and he is a true saintee. He is half your age and twice as good looking as you even when you were at your best fighting weight ; )

Haha.....its my dumb blonde Essex wife and daughter that will come up in the blacked out Land Rover and sort this out not me :) 

I will try get a freebie flag sorted out.....ill keep u posted Athens. 

So far we have:

1. Some form of membership (with match entitlement/benefits - not just 10% off the shop type poor effort)

2. PPV for Overseas subscribers, per match or season

3. Giant Flag (UN) to rep for all Exiles' - one time donation.

4. Athens, The Doc and Ghostie to be given a seat on the board - fan reps :)

I right MS :mrgreen:

Errrm Athens, wtf is Billy? Must have me mixed up. And  for the record, you'd be seriously attracted to me, Greek style ;-)

Edited by Melbourne Saint