Motherwell v Saints 13/8/16 K-O 3pm

I'm not sure about the playing football side over money thing either.  After all, he had a great 5 months with us at the end of 2014-15, which by all accounts he seemed to enjoy. The next pre-season he spoke to us first but ended up going to Hearts who offered far more money.

I don't begrudge him that for a second, it's a short career after all as Wendy Saints said.

He's a real pleasure to watch when he gets the ball at his feet and runs at opponents, has great quick feet and is a brilliant finisher. 

Great to see Brad getting back in the picture and doing well.  This squad is starting to get some real momentum going, be brilliant to go into next weekends game with Celtic with confidence, get in their faces and have a real go at them.  They play a European match on Wednesday, so hopefully we'll be fresher. 

By 2.30pm next Saturday we could be sitting top of the premier league, what a brilliant thought that is....

Football fans aren't half two faced.

The same people who disgracefully booed Danny Swanson on his debut for Saints at Queen of the South are now the ones shouting about how good he is.

I know Swanson was affected by that reaction from some of the Saints support.

It really was embarrassing.

Guest ScottMann

Plus Swanson is the kind of player who attracts a lot of fouls therefore a big risk of injury. 

That's my big fear at the moment. He's in such good form he's bound to be marked down for extra attention. One 'I'll let him know I'm here' tackle and he could be out for a wee while. 

MOTD confirmed it last night...Swanson is Shaqiri but with a better end product!

What a great result... Always hated Fir Park, always cold, just effing grim & never used to get a result. Stayed up to 2.30 am, much to the missus' displeasure :-) .

We will have our dip in form, but this start is worth a virtual 9 points already, the team morale, the standard's set. 

Happy Sunday

Thank you for saying this! I asked my dad why it is always so bloody cold, wet and windy in Motherwell. That's twice I've been there at the start(ish) of a season and it's been bloody freezing. Left a warm, sunny Perth yesterday and took a jacket because I'd seen the forecast in Motherwell wasn't as nice but my god. That place is just baltic. 

Another great performance.  Always feel more confident with Midge and Muzz in the middle of the park.  Danny was superb again and it's worth remembering that this was his first pre-season with us seems to be benefitting him no end.  Impressed with Mackay today and hope he continues to keep it simple - still a bit to go to cement a place in the team though.  Macca and Kane look a good partnership, Kano could do with a goal or two for his confidence though.  Overall well impressed with that.

The biggest barrier McKay has to playing regularly is Anderson doesn't seem to be as comfortable next to him as he is with Joe or Scobbie. I think it's because he prefers to be the right sided central defender. Does Joe not play the left centre with Ando? Obviously Tam does. I think Ando looks weaker when he plays there and that's where he was yesterday. It certainly didn't look as comfortable for him so can't see that working long term. McKay's own performances in last two games hasn't dented his chances.  

The biggest barrier McKay has to playing regularly is Anderson doesn't seem to be as comfortable next to him as he is with Joe or Scobbie. I think it's because he prefers to be the right sided central defender. Does Joe not play the left centre with Ando? Obviously Tam does. I think Ando looks weaker when he plays there and that's where he was yesterday. It certainly didn't look as comfortable for him so can't see that working long term. McKay's own performances in last two games hasn't dented his chances.  

Yeah I think you're right that Joe plays to the left of Ando.  When saying McKay has a bit to do to cement a place, I just think that when everyone is fit the preferred pair would be Ando and Joe.

The same people who disgracefully booed Danny Swanson on his debut for Saints at Queen of the South are now the ones shouting about how good he is.

I was there but I didn't shout abuse (can't be arsed). I heard some abuse but I have the feeling this is an urban myth in the making and in five years time people will say we were singing "you're shite and you know you are" at him in four part harmony for ninety minutes solid.

The thing is, he should never have played that day. He was clearly unfit, miles off the pace and didn't know the team or its style. It was a disaster. It speaks volumes for his dedication and determination that he's now our number one pick in any team sheet.

i would never condone booing anyone in a saints shirt but i still find it hard to believe im loving watching him after all the diving he did against us for utd

I was there but I didn't shout abuse (can't be arsed). I heard some abuse but I have the feeling this is an urban myth in the making and in five years time people will say we were singing "you're shite and you know you are" at him in four part harmony for ninety minutes solid.

The thing is, he should never have played that day. He was clearly unfit, miles off the pace and didn't know the team or its style. It was a disaster. It speaks volumes for his dedication and determination that he's now our number one pick in any team sheet.

He was booed and he was ironically cheered off the pitch when substituted.I agree he shouldn't have been selected, but that was the manager's decision and it doesn't excuse the ridiculous reaction from some of the fans. 

He was booed and he was ironically cheered off the pitch when substituted.I agree he shouldn't have been selected, but that was the manager's decision and it doesn't excuse the ridiculous reaction from the fans. 

I think that's exactly my point Kyle. He got some rough treatment for sure, and it's regrettable. But being booed? And cheered when substituted?  Honestly, however regrettable that might be, it's part of football. It's a high emotion game. I've heard those same reactions on many occasions for many players. But for some reason people seem to want to build this one up into something bigger. The only difference here is that it was the poor guy's debut.

Thought Ando was a bit poor in the lead up to the Motherwell goal. Definitely not strong enough.

Lovely ball by Macca to Swanson for the equaliser and also great work by Shaughnessy in the build up to the winner.

I thought Ando was poor in spells v Hearts, yet others had him pegged for MoTM if not for Danny's sublime performance.

On the flipside, Watsons continued injury problems combined with Dave Mackays injury, means we may have no choice but to play Joe at RB. Would be interesting to see if TW would continue with McKay or bring Scobbie straight back in, judging by his treatment of Zander though, you'd assume Tam would stroll back in beside Ando.

I was one of the people who booed Swanson at the cup game. He wasn't fit, played poorly, and shouldn't have been on the park. I made a 12 hour round trip up from England to watch that game, I paid my money and I'm entitled to express my opinion. Conversely at the Stirling Albion game I was on my feet applauding some of the great work that Swanson did. If someone's shit they get pelters, if they're good they get cheered. Nothing two faced there. PS I also abused McFadden at that game, and it's one of the few occasions I have booed my own players. I guess having won the cup the previous year, the way we surrendered it to those shitbags just boiled my piss.

Edited by babychunder