saints v celtic

saint-johns-toun

Just pure greed from St Johnstone. The club obviously couldn't give a **** how many Saints fans turn up to get behind the team, in a game that if we win we could go top of the league (for the first time ever??), as long as we milk Celtic (and a few Saints fans) for as much as possible.

Where is the incentive for local folk to go and support the team in a match which is live on tv?

I have never really enjoyed being at games v the ugly sisters because of their fans attitude and behaviour, especially when I had the boy with me.  In most cases I gave it a miss for that reason.  I'm sure I'm not alone in that opinion.

Since our crowd is likely to be down, why not bleed them for all they will give?  

I think I am correct in saying that Saints make very little from pay at the gate fans anyway, so I can understand to an extent why they are charging £27 to get into this game.

The vast majority of our support will not be effected as most of our home support are season ticket holders. Celtic are likely to bring 4/5000 which would see us bring in over well over 100k, which is not to be sniffed at.

I realise that not everyone can commit to a season ticket for various reason and they are getting shafted by having to pay £27, but I think you have to put some trust in our board who have served us so well financially over the years. I'm sure it's not a decision they have taken lightly.

What I would like to see though is the club introduce some sort of loyalty scheme for people who can't commit to a season ticket. Something along the lines of for every 4 games you pay into, you get the 5th free. No doubt someone will come along a say "Aye, but that means the season ticket holders are losing out", but there must be someway of coming up with a deal which would be beneficial to Saints and the supporters who can only attend games now and again.

£18 for the hearts game £27 for celtic, bt sport for me

The cup games prices are decided by discussion between the club's involved. League game prices are down to the home team, Saints have probably taken the decision to charge roughly the same as Septic (and at Darkheid you pay £25+ to look at a brick wall) I can understand why Saints up the price for this game. (that doesn't make it right of course)

I think I am correct in saying that Saints make very little from pay at the gate fans anyway, so I can understand to an extent why they are charging £27 to get into this game.

The vast majority of our support will not be effected as most of our home support are season ticket holders. Celtic are likely to bring 4/5000 which would see us bring in over well over 100k, which is not to be sniffed at.

I realise that not everyone can commit to a season ticket for various reason and they are getting shafted by having to pay £27, but I think you have to put some trust in our board who have served us so well financially over the years. I'm sure it's not a decision they have taken lightly.

What I would like to see though is the club introduce some sort of loyalty scheme for people who can't commit to a season ticket. Something along the lines of for every 4 games you pay into, you get the 5th free. No doubt someone will come along a say "Aye, but that means the season ticket holders are losing out", but there must be someway of coming up with a deal which would be beneficial to Saints and the supporters who can only attend games now and again.

I am a bit confused about 'Saints make very little from pay at the gate',surely they are making £27 p'person.

I am a bit confused about 'Saints make very little from pay at the gate',surely they are making £27 p'person.

I believe that for the majority of home league games there is very little custom from people paying at the gate. The majority of our home support has a season ticket, therefore the club feel that losing out on 100 home supporters paying at the gate (only making the club £2,700) is offset by the fact there will be 5,000 Celtic supporters paying £27 a head, earning the club £135,000.

Capisce?

I believe that for the majority of home league games there is very little custom from people paying at the gate. The majority of our home support has a season ticket, therefore the club feel that losing out on 100 home supporters paying at the gate (only making the club £2,700) is offset by the fact there will be 5,000 Celtic supporters paying £27 a head, earning the club £135,000.

Capisce?

That's better. I thought you were meaning fans in general,not just Saints pay at the gate fans.