MOTM ICT 2 - Saints 1 - 27/08/16

ex-montrosesaintee

ICT 2 - Saints 1 - 27/08/16  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mannus who did single handedly save us from a phucking reaming but  still managed to scare the shite oot of me with his  continual lack of ownership of the six yard box.  The rest were  no better than horseshite and at worst a few were utterly phucking hopeless.

I've voted for Mannus because he did keep us in the game with a series of great saves. But I completely agree that his failure to dominate his box is a problem which is hard to understand. Surely a former top class keeper like Tommy should be able to give him some pointers. I still think Clark is worth a run.

Love listening to professional goal keeping coaches above ^

What they are saying is correct. The fact that they are not former professional goalkeepers or goalkeeping coaches doesn't change that. His failure, or inability to command the box at 90% of set pieces puts us under a lot of pressure. He doesn't come for cross balls a lot and when he does he's pretty bad at it. I'm not a goalkeeping coach either, by the way. 

Shot stopper, man of the match votes coming in for the defeat conceding 2 goals... But still calls to get him out the team, can't see how he's to blame?  

I don recall any of our former keepers who solely commanded the box and was great at cross balls...  The goal keeper forms part of the defensive unit, I'd prefer the defenders sorting out the cross balls as some fans imply he's pretty bad at it. You play to your strengths surely.

If Mannus starts flapping at crosses that won't do the team any good.   Mind the cup final and the Utd keeper flapping at crosses.... If he stays in position there is no threat to concede goals... Ando goal would have been an easy save.

I blame SKY for fans expecting international goal keepers at McD... Oh wait a minute...  Another international call up... But should still be dropped cause he can't command and doesn't come for cross balls... (he'd be a good signing for one our competitors)

Edited by Dave H

I think folk should stay on topic, what with the poll being so close n all. Monty, does the rule still apply that you don't award points  to players with less than 3 votes?

I'll just stick with the vampires.

but yes, less than 3 votes and no points can be scored. Stops folk like slf and hsf messing up the results by being 'really clever and grown up'