Saints v Hearts. 17/9/16 3pm K-O.

The ghost of Jim Morton

Hearts manager a bit of a tit. Ordered to stand & sits beside the dugout. He also had a dig about rather play football & entertain. I would rather win though

He's got a hard neck. Hearts players dive, climb all over the back of players and are generally shite. 

Also,  he was hardly known for being the most silky of players in his day. 

Just a bit of a twonk, really. 

A great 3 points in the bag today and a great effort by all the team. Special mention to big Zander who was OUTSTANDING and without doubt won us the points with his superb display between the sticks. We have played better and lost but the team work was brilliant. They all worked hard for each other. It would be very hypocritical of me not to mention the two booking were got for simulation. I think the ref was spot on and it was good to hear TW on the radio saying that if he deems they dived he will fine the players. There is no place for that shit at Saints. Well done Saints but cut the diving pish out please.

Great result, I thought Clark played a blinder, Ando was mr reliable and Liam just loves playing against the Jambos. A bit of consistency from the ref wouldn't have gone a miss today. If he quite rightly books Cummins and Kane for diving then surely he has to book Nicholson too. He bottled it and just gave him a talking to. 

It's a bit difficult for me to get to games, but today reminded me of why it's worth the effort. What a Braw day out. What a team.

Bit of an odd game. The first 60 minutes was very low tempo on the park, it felt like the boys had turned up to work, doing fine, yawn, wonder what's on the tele tonight. Professional, but not inspiring. The crowd was muted, with the exception of FCU, who deserve all the praise they have had. Bought a "silk" scarf off the boys for the Beloved, to put some money in their kitty. Oh to have the energy and enthusiasm they have. You keep it up, lads. You are the future.

Zander kept us in it, and if he is dropped next week, clearly Mannus - not a bad goalie by any means - has hypnotised Tommy. Although Zander needs to work on the fumbles.

So then we got a bit of an against the run of play goal, and from then on it was a Braw game. Even the Beloved woke up and watched some of it. We had a wee bit of luck, the non-FCU crowd occasionally made a noise, but most importantly, once again, Saints players out- fought, tried harder than, sweated more than a supposedly better team. 

Congratulations to the SFA for giving a wee laddy from the near-by Institute for the Fecking Totally Mental b****** Institute a run-out as referee. 

Thought the Hearts fans were shit. Why go to all that effort and expense to sit and talk about knitting, or whatever they were doing when the game was on?

Braw day. What a manager, what a team, what a goalie.

For those that haven't seen it - 

"Hearts head coach Robbie Neilson: "I spoke to the players after the game and said we played some fantastic football and created some wonderful chances.

"But we didn't take them and got done with a sucker punch, but I'd rather play like that and be entertaining and exciting and create chances than go direct and hope to nick a goal."

Doesn't sound convincing to me. Very bitter.

Gordon Strachan saw Zander and his 3rd Choice Scotland keeper there today, wonder who he picks for the next international based on today, Probably needs to give TW a wee phone call through the week and mention something like next time you play Zander gives a bell I' ll come and watch him again.  

Neilson is prick though he also made the comment on the radio the boy Clarke has had the game of his life against us today, bollocks Robbie that was just Zander getting a game.

"Hearts head coach Robbie Neilson: "I spoke to the players after the game and said we played some fantastic football and created some wonderful chances.

"But we didn't take them and got done with a sucker punch, but I'd rather play like that and be entertaining and exciting and create chances than go direct and hope to nick a goal."

Neilson is one arse. He was at that fourth official wanting players booked from the first to the last minute. He claims he applauded the kick into the box when actually was being a fanny and clapping a foul against his side and he was mouthing at the same time. Hopefully the cameras will pick it up. 

Neilson is one arse. He was at that fourth official wanting players booked from the first to the last minute. He claims he applauded the kick into the box when actually was being a fanny and clapping a foul against his side and he was mouthing at the same time. Hopefully the cameras will pick it up. 

Yep utter Fanny should get a double caution or whatever else they call it for twice breeching the sent to the stand order, twice the 4th official had to move him on from beside the dug out then right behind the dug out also sent away agin as he was on the pitch at the end of game an utter fanny,

Absolute no class from Neilson spouting sh1te like that. He's obviously been to the Jackie MacNamara school of charm. 

Yep utter Fanny should get a double caution or whatever else they call it for twice breeching the sent to the stand order, twice the 4th official had to move him on from beside the dug out then right behind the dug out also sent away agin as he was on the pitch at the end of game an utter fanny,

Did sourness not get a 6 month ban for appearing in the tunnel when he had a touchline ban. 

I honestly thought Kane was clattered for his supposed 'dive'. Cummins on the other hand...ahem...least said about that the better.

Zander was inspirational. I actually thought to myself at one point that we were guaranteed a clean sheet. There are just some games when a goalkeeper looks unbeatable and today was one of those days.

Special mention to Ando again. Wonderful. Should be a Scotland player no question.

Edited by Broon

Scrappy game but delighted with the three points (although the goal was offside but hey ho)

Zander played extremely well and fully deserved MOTM.

Refereeing was frustratingly inconsistent and no way were all 6 of our bookings genuinely deserved.

Robbie Neilson is an absolute Grade-A tosser with no class whatsoever, hopefully the powers that be will take a dim view of his behaviour today.

Great win today.

Zander clearly MOTM but a special mention to Paul Paton who was superb throughout. He might not be everyone's cup of tea but he was outstanding today and his partnership with Muzz has real potential.

I was worried with Danny missing out but credit to Coulsin who played his part. 

What a squad we've put together. A bench with Kane, Spoony and Alston show real strength in depth.

Well played the Young Team, keep it up guys!

Ironic considering he punted two large strikers on the park and spent the last ten minutes telling the team to punt it forward to them.

I love beating the Jambos.  Most satisfying win for me.  

Funny how results against different teams provide different emotions.  Wins against teams like Celtic and Aberdeen bring elation, because they are quality sides.  Wins against Rangers and Hearts bring a certain smugness because they are cheating horrible bastards.

Funny how results against different teams provide different emotions.  Wins against teams like Celtic and Aberdeen bring elation, because they are quality sides.  Wins against Rangers and Hearts bring a certain smugness because they are cheating horrible bastards.

Jambos replace Yinited as the team to beat and get it right up em.  

It's as if the team find that extra bit to win..  I think Tommy Wright hates them to boot.  Great mind games, and to hear the away fans directing their chants at him after we dived was funny as!   Our gaffer has got right under their skin. Pre match interview on radio was top class from Wright.  Well worth someone finding it and posting it.