Dave Mackay

livi saint

WAP dying? Nonsense. If it wasn't for WAP we'd never have known that Stevie May wasn't leaving thanks to his dad.

Is that for me? If no sorry.If aye where did i say it was dying?  I said it was shite i believe and there is a difference

Still some great posts  and sensible  stuff

its the calling coach's  bigoted names and general slagging off respected members of staff kinda stuff that's spoiling it in my opinion 

Is that for me? If no sorry.If aye where did i say it was dying?  I said it was shite i believe and there is a difference

Still some great posts  and sensible  stuff

its the calling coach's  bigoted names and general slagging off respected members of staff kinda stuff that's spoiling it in my opinion 

Sorry Lark but Rik is having a joke with you.....even I recognise his wit :wink:

Dunno if any of you are lucky enough to have met Dave but if you do get him to tell you the story of growing up in Rutherglen with walls covered in saints posters and to secretly wearing his favorite teal and magenta shirt under his training kit to dens daily. 

Brings a tear to the eye

• 5 weeks later...

Didn't notice any interaction with their under 20s staff on Tuesday night for what its worth.

No idea who their 20s manager is but presume he's part of Warburton's staff when he came up. Came across as a loud mouth prat.

Dave will be an asset for any club but is learning his new trade.

• 2 weeks later...

Would be a great starter job for him. The Binos in a dire position so the only way is up.

Also it would be a great in deciding which club our young lads should go on lon and be very well looked after. I hope this works out for Cuptie. 

Agree,that is the advantage he has over Grant who I don't think is heavily involved in football.

He will also have an insight into the young guys that get let go in summer.

Wish him well as I like The beanoes.

Guest ScottMann

Brian Grant would be an odd choice. Hasn't played for close to 20 years and hasn't managed anyone in that period (other than, according to Wikipedia, a branch of McDonald's).

Wiki also has him down as having remained in football as a youth coach at Dundee United and list him as Senior Academy Manager at United. That'll explain what at first glance appears a strange one and why he's apparently so highly in the running.

I wonder if Dave would consider playing at that level? I think he said he couldn't play in the Premiership again without doing long term damage but he might be able to feature in some League 2 games which would obviously be a big advantage for him.