Dave Mackay

livi saint

Nice to see him and Stirling getting sponsorship from Alan Storrar as well, as he continues his apprenticeship before becoming our manager:wink:

Surely the sponsorship can't be worth much as I can't see a single outlet  second hand dealership having much of a turnover.

Surely the sponsorship can't be worth much as I can't see a single outlet  second hand dealership having much of a turnover.

I doubt any cash is changing hands in this kind of deal. Branded car for Dave will cost Storrar almost nothing and it can still be sold once the deal runs out.

I doubt any cash is changing hands in this kind of deal. Branded car for Dave will cost Storrar almost nothing and it can still be sold once the deal runs out.

That's fair enough but is anyone from Stirling going to buy a car from him when there are lots of dealerships in that area who I am sure offer better deals.

That's fair enough but is anyone from Stirling going to buy a car from him when there are lots of dealerships in that area who I am sure offer better deals.

The car is a moving advert, it goes wherever he goes. I assume Mackay lives in or around Perth, and if so then it's a smart move because that moving advert will do plenty miles on the roads every day, passing plenty of people in the process. Probably more exposure than the car Tommy has been given.

The car is a moving advert, it goes wherever he goes. I assume Mackay lives in or around Perth, and if so then it's a smart move because that moving advert will do plenty miles on the roads every day, passing plenty of people in the process. Probably more exposure than the car Tommy has been given.

He stays in Bathgate, so only advertising will be along the M9

I read Stirling were unfortunate not to get an away win against the league leaders. Did anyone go watch ?

Nice wee interview with Liam Caddis in The Daily Ranger..

He concurs that Bikey is not lightweight or skinny:

“I surprisingly felt OK fitness-wise on Saturday. I enjoyed being on the ball and the team got stronger as the game went on. Big Frazer (Wright) and the Skip (Ross McMillan) were solid at the back and Dylan (Bikey) is quick and strong up front – he has got everything and his two goals showed that."

Nice wee interview with Liam Caddis in The Daily Ranger..

He concurs that Bikey is not lightweight or skinny:

“I surprisingly felt OK fitness-wise on Saturday. I enjoyed being on the ball and the team got stronger as the game went on. Big Frazer (Wright) and the Skip (Ross McMillan) were solid at the back and Dylan (Bikey) is quick and strong up front – he has got everything and his two goals showed that."

Two goals ? I thought it was a 1-1 draw ?

• 1 month later...

This crap about Mackay being our next manager is, for now, ridiculous.  Sure he was a much loved player. But he's no longer a player. He's an apprentice manager, learning & proving himself. He needs at least 4 seasons with whomever to prove he's up to it. No-one mentions Callum Davidson. He knows his stuff now. Mackay- no. Besides, there's no point speculating as we have a good manager in place. 

This crap about Mackay being our next manager is, for now, ridiculous.  Sure he was a much loved player. But he's no longer a player. He's an apprentice manager, learning & proving himself. He needs at least 4 seasons with whomever to prove he's up to it. No-one mentions Callum Davidson. He knows his stuff now. Mackay- no. Besides, there's no point speculating as we have a good manager in place. 

Without going back thru' the whole thread, is your response to any particular post?

Agree Callum would be a good replacement for Tommy, but Tommy might well want to take him with him. And if its a move to a much bigger club (ie not Sevco) Callum might well be tempted if asked.

Dave's team were lucky today before they opened the scoring. 2 centre backs were getting bullied so much that a penalty was conceded. Cowdenbeath penalty was saved by the keeper's foot as he dived the wrong way. 2 further chances went a begging before Albion scored against the run of play.

Binos came out second half with more purpose, Caddis breaking forward from his right back position, dummied to cross before advancing another yard to get a clear cross in which was sweetly volleyed into the net from about 18 yards leaving the keeper without an earthly. Another clean sheet, 3 in a row.

How much management experience did Coyle or MacInnes have prior to being our manager ? I don't think that CupTie being mentioned if TW leaves, is ridiculous.