who will be our new captain

tucker

unfortunately our great captain Davie cuptie McKay has retired Tommy now has to appoint a new full time captain there are few players who could try and fill a tricky void I myself would go for midge if he was fit most of the time but macca,Ando,muzz,Easton must be up there its a very hard one for Tommy

It's a tough call, because our most influential and senior players are perhaps not consistent enough starters for various reasons.  As much as I love the guy, Ando doesn't strike me as a motivator or a leader, Midge is too injury prone, as is Muzz, Macca can't play certain games and TW admitted the other day that he won't play week in week out.  

Easton is the other obvious candidate for me, but his form this season has been down on last season.

With the above in mind, and given his character, winning desire and consistent appearance in the matchday squad, if not always the starting 11, I'd go for Spoony.  I would also suggest that it would further motivate him to play at the high standard we all know he is capable of.

Edited by montrosesaintee

Didn't Wright say it wouldn't be Maclean, as he just plays the captain role anyway?

Of all the games we have played since last January Macca has never been captain so I can't see it being him.

If it was someone almost guaranteed to play most games then it would be Ando but there is more to that to be club caption.