Scotland Squad

Saint Paul

Latest squad for Scotland - a return for Lee Wallace and Shaun Maloney.

I hope that he sticks with a similar team that won in Malta, and not throw in the likes of Hutton and Wallace ahead of the younger guys.  Also surprised that Chris Martin is still in the squad ahead of guys like Ross McCormack and Jordan Rhodes.

Scotland squad

Goalkeepers: Craig Gordon (Celtic), Jack Hamilton (Hearts), David Marshall (Hull City).

Defenders: Christophe Berra (Ipswich Town), Gordon Greer (Blackburn Rovers), Grant Hanley (Newcastle United), Alan Hutton (Aston Villa), Russell Martin (Norwich City), Callum Paterson (Hearts), Andrew Robertson (Hull City), Kieran Tierney (Celtic), Lee Wallace (Rangers).

Midfielders: Ikechi Anya (Derby County), Barry Bannan (Sheffield Wednesday), Oliver Burke (RB Leipzig), Darren Fletcher (West Bromich Albion), James Forrest (Celtic), James McArthur (Crystal Palace), John McGinn (Hibs), Barrie Mckay (Rangers), Shaun Maloney (Hull City), James Morrison (West Bromich Albion), Matt Ritchie (Newcastle United), Robert Snodgrass (Hull City).

Forwards: Steven Fletcher (Sheffield Wednesday), Leigh Griffiths (Celtic), Chris Martin (Derby County), Steven Naismith (Norwich City).

If Hutton starts in place of Paterson I'll be feckin ragin'

its a sad state of affairs when we are raging that Callum Paterson doesnt start for our national team!!! Esp when you look at the quality we have on the opposite side. bit bizzarre that he has 3 left backs in the squad unless hes looking at Wallace being able to play cb or lw?

My team for the first game would be

-------------------------------Marshall----------------------------------

Paterson------------Hanley-----------Martin-----------Robertson

----------------------Bannan-----------Fletcher----------------------

Snodgrass------------------Naismith-------------------------Burke

-------------------------------Griffiths----------------------------------

Be good to see our latest saviour to be, young Burke, get some time. He just became the first Scot to score in the Bundasliga (sp?) since 1999.

I know this has been largely quoted in the press, but what a stupid stat to quote. Were we every prolific scorers in that league, before Lambert and O'Neil went there how many Scots had actually played there?

Its a bit like that stat that used to get thrown about that Saints hadn't beat the United in the league for seven years, but the reality was that we hadn't played a league game against them for six of those seven years

• 3 weeks later...

Strachan says he can't see a place in an international team for Griffith's as he is too small to defend set pieces.

I thought it was a strikers job to score goals.

Just shows his negativity where he is more worried about defending against teams supposed to be lower than us than scoring goals.

Strachan says he can't see a place in an international team for Griffith's as he is too small to defend set pieces.

I thought it was a strikers job to score goals.

Just shows his negativity where he is more worried about defending against teams supposed to be lower than us than scoring goals.

Tom English must read your posts Cagey, he quoted you virtually word for word tonight on Sportsound.  Hang on, you're not Tom English are you?

• 2 weeks later...