Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sevco zombie

Youth Academy News

79 posts in this topic

Can't recall the full story but I remember Geoff wanting to build an indoor facility behind the East Stand many years ago and it not being allowed by either local planning or the SFA for some strange reason. We were far too progressive for some folk at one stage!

I remember that, the SFA were looking at funding an indoor arena, think it ended up opposite Hampden instead, but the stipulation that the arena had to ne suitable for international games meant the steelwork was going to be over £12 million.

Do you mean that every youth team had to play that formation, or literally every single team including senior teams? I just don't see how that would work. It would mean managers in top level matches wouldn't be able to change their system during a match that was going badly, for example. If that's the case then I'm very glad they haven't adopted it in Scotland.

They were actually saying every Belgian club form youth right through to international.

It was on the radio some Technical Director form the Belgian FA had been over for a seminar.

This article on BBC says it was all 1500 youth teams but this guy said it was pro clubs aswell.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27827569

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/jun/06/belgium-blueprint-gave-birth-golden-generation-world-cup

I remember that, the SFA were looking at funding an indoor arena, think it ended up opposite Hampden instead, but the stipulation that the arena had to ne suitable for international games meant the steelwork was going to be over £12 million.

The cost of steel bit rings a bell. Think the SFA changed requirements, priced us out and Glasgow/west benefited instead. Of course that sort of thing would never happen nowadays. :shock:

Agree with Steve Brown's statement on "Project Brave".

At least it let's fans know where the club stands on the subject.

Part of my lottery winnings (if ever) is going towards youth development and an indoor full size pitch.