Saints v Partick Thistle 29/10/16

The ghost of Jim Morton

Up next we have Partick Thistle at home..  We  another great chance to cement our position in the top 3,( in fact given Aberdeen are playing Celtic, and one might expect the Dons not to win, we have another chance to go second on our own) BUT, we will need to continue working hard if we are to achieve this. Home form  is somewhat sketchy at times but we are good enough, that's for sure.. Looks like Muzz is a certainty to miss out. Hopefully no other injuries from Wednesdays game.  Millar looked  good and  it would be great to see him start and  finish another game..

Cannae wait.... Come on yee Saints...

I felt that the Dundee game was better, but we still looked tentative and nervous. After the goal at Ibroke we were the same, but the second half was brimming with confident football. I think this will continue for Saturday at least. It was like they all suddenly believed in their ability again. Doesn't take much in football, maybe it was as simple as Alston playing a blinder that lifted everyone.

4-0 saints.

Really looking forward to this now.  Both teams will be going into this  this game on a high after good performances.  Thistle always seem to come out of the traps quicker than us at McDiarmid for some reason.  Would like to see us moving the ball quickly as we did against Rangers and not resorting to long balls forward to Kane.  Can't see Midge losing his place as he gives us a composure we've lacked and based on his performance would it be fair not to start Alston? I would expect  Macca to be in the starting line-up but who knows!

Games like these are what will show us if we truly have what it takes to get into the top 3 this season.

I'm sure Wright and the lads know that we actually have a very, very good chance of reaching the top 3. We must keep the winning mentality going though.

I'd like to see us have a real go at Thistle from the off- get Swanson on the ball early and get players close to him to support him for one-twos and drawing men away. Plenty of attacking minded players on the pitch and hopefully Millar is fit enough to make this one- our play is far superior with his ability to keep possession in the side. We seem to have a settled back four which always helps aswell.

We should be confident of the three points, let's avoid a Killie slip up and get ourselves into second!

Guest ScottMann

Given what we needed, I was never convinced about taking someone that had been out for so long with a serious injury and was basically using his spell here to get properly match fit but I didn't think it would be as unproductive as it has been. It must be as disappointing for him though. Hope whatever's holding his progress up gets resolved soon for all parties sake.